- Somewhere safe with somebody good [CD sound recording] : the new Mitford novel / Jan Karon.
After five hectic years of retirement from Lord's Chapel, Father Tim Kavanagh returns with his wife, Cynthia, from a so-called pleasure trip to t [...]
- The eye of heaven [CD sound recording] / Clive Cussler, with Russell Blake.
Baffin Island: Husband-and-wife team Sami and Remi Fargo are on a climate-control expedition in the Arctic, when to their astonishment they discover a [...]
- The secret place [CD sound recording] / Tana French.
The photo on the card shows a boy who was found murdered, a year ago, on the grounds of a girls' boarding school in Dublin. The caption says: I K [...]
- Andy Rooney [CD sound recording] : 60 years of wisdom and wit / Andrew A. Rooney.
Over more than six decades of intrepid reporting and elegant essays, Rooney has told it straight and without a hint of sugar coating, but with more th [...]
- Titan [CD sound recording] : the life of John D. Rockefeller, Sr. / by Ron Chernow.
John D. Rockefeller, Sr., history's first billionaire and the patriarch of America's most famous dynasty, is an icon whose true nature has e [...]
- The best of Wait wait-- don't tell me! [CD sound recording] : more famous people play not my job.
Panelists Alonzo Bodden, Tom Bodett, Amy Dickinson, Adam Felber, P.J. O'Rourke, Paula Poundstone, Roxanne Roberts, Mo Rocca, and Faith Salie offe [...]
- The smoke at dawn [CD sound recording] : [a novel of the Civil War] / Jeff Shaara.
Summer, 1863. The Federal triumph at Vicksburg has secured complete control of the Mississippi River from the Confederacy, cementing the reputation of [...]
- All the birds, singing [CD sound recording] : a novel / by Evie Wyld.
Jake Whyte is living on her own in an old farmhouse on a craggy British island, a place of ceaseless rains and battering winds. Her disobedient collie [...]
- Top secret [CD sound recording] / W. E. B. Griffin and William E. Butterworth IV.
In the first weeks after World War II, a squeaky-clean new second lieutenant named James D. Cronley Jr. is spotted and recruited for a new enterprise [...]
- The best of friends [CD sound recording] / Joanna Trollope.
Gina and Laurence had been the best of friends ever since they were teenagers. When Gina's husband Fergus announces he is leaving her and their t [...]
- The rebel angels [CD sound recording] / by Robertson Davies.
A goodhearted priest and scholar, a professor with a passion for the darker side of medieval psychology, a defrocked monk, and a rich young businessma [...]
- Middlemarch [CD sound recording] / by George Eliot.
A sensitive young woman marries a bitter, despotic scholar 30 years her senior, who lives just long enough to blight her spirit. She inherits his fort [...]
- The closing of the American mind [CD sound recording] / by Allan Bloom.
Allan Bloom explores America's political and social crises of the late twentieth century. Contrary to popular opinion, Bloom concludes that many [...]
- American Caesar [CD sound recording] : Douglas MacArthur, 1880-1964 / William Manchester.
The acclaimed biographer and historian examines the career of the legendary soldier-hero and paradoxical four-star general, a military genius who suff [...]
- The one & only [CD sound recording] / Emily Giffin.
Shea Rigsby has spent her entire life in Walker, Texas, a small college town that lives and dies by football, a passion she unabashedly shares. Raised [...]
- Hard choices [CD sound recording] / by Hillary Rodham Clinton.
In the aftermath of her 2008 presidential run, Hillary Rodahm Clinton expected to return to representing New York in the United States Senate. To her [...]
- The brandons (CD) [sound recording] / Angela Thirkell.
The irresistible Brandons, their friends and servants, are full of youthful nonsense and middle-aged folly. People will fall in love with the wrong pe [...]
- Before lunch [CD sound recording] / by Angela Thirkell.
Lady Bond and Lord Pomfret are compelled to unite with the Middletons and the Stoners to stop the erection of a tea shop and garage on unspoiled Pooke [...]
- Rough water [CD sound recording] : stories of survival from the sea / edited by Clint Willis ; read by Rick Adamson, George Guidall, Graeme Malcolm, Simon Prebble.
Hear the stories of men and women battling the elements, and sometimes each other, to stay alive, confronting savage storms, rogue waves, icebergs, sh [...]
- The other typist [CD sound recording] : a novel / Suzanne Rindell.
It is 1923. Rose Baker is a typist for the New York City Police Department. Although she spends her days hearing about horrific crimes, she is still p [...]
- The mill on the Floss [CD sound recording] / George Eliot.
Set in rural Victorian England, George Eliot's tour de force chronicles the lives of Maggie Tulliver and her brother Tom and how their intense bo [...]
- The hunt for Red October [CD sound recording] / Tom Clancy.
When a Soviet captain uses one of the fleet's most destructive yet valuable nuclear submarines as an escape vehicle, the United States and the So [...]
- Doktor Zhivago. English
A Russian epic, "Doctor Zhivago" traces the life of surgeon-poet Yuri Zhivago before and during the Russian Revolution. Married to an upper- [...]
- From dawn to decadence [CD sound recording] : [500 years of western cultural life : 1500 to the present] / by Jacques Barzun.
Drawing on a lifetime of studies across a broad territory, highly regarded cultural historian and critic Jacques Barzun here synthesizes the sum of hi [...]
- Tempest-tost [CD sound recording] / by Robertson Davies.
An amateur production of The tempest provides a colorful backdrop for a hilarious look at unrequited love. Mathematics teacher Hector Mackilwraith, st [...]
- Mindfulness [CD sound recording] : an eight-week plan for finding peace in a frantic world / Mark Williams and Danny Penman ; foreword written and read by Jon Kabat-Zinn.
From one of the leading thinkers on Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy, a pioneering set of simple practices to dissolve anxiety, stress, exhaustion, [...]
- The end of the affair [CD sound recording] / Graham Greene.
In London, just after World War II, a love flourishes between Maurice Bendrix and Sarah Miles. Without explanation Sarah breaks off the affair after a [...]
- The long way home [CD sound recording] / Louise Penny.
"Happily retired in the village of Three Pines, Armand Gamache, former Chief Inspector of Homicide with the Sûreté du Québec, [...]
- Festive in death [CD sound recording] / J. D. Robb.
Personal trainer Trey Ziegler was in peak physical condition. If you didnt count the kitchen knife in his well-toned chest. Lieutenant Eve Dallas soon [...]
- The children act [CD sound recording] / Ian McEwan.
London High Court Judge Fiona Maye presides over a sensitive case involving a family of Jehovah's Witnesses who won't allow their seventeen- [...]
powered by RSS Just Better 1.3 plugin