- Go Set a Watchman (CD) [sound recording] / Harper Lee.
The book was written in the 1950s, before Lee penned the famous 'Mockingbird,' but was never release because the author believed the manuscr [...]
- Dead wake [sound recording] : the last crossing of the Lusitania / Erik Larson.
The story of the sinking of the Lusitania.
- Daring greatly [CD sound recording] : how the courage to be vulnerable transforms the way we live, love, parent and lead / Brené Brown.
Every day people experience the uncertainty and emotional exposure that define what it means to be vulnerable. Here, Dr. Brown challenges everything p [...]
- Solitude Creek (CD) [sound recording] / Jeffery Deaver.
- God help the child [CD sound recording] : a novel / Toni Morrison.
A searing tale about the way childhood trauma shapes and misshapes the life of the adult.
- Garden of Lies (CD) [sound recording] / Amanda Quick.
Anne Clifton was one of the finest women in Ursula Kern's employ. But Miss Clifton has met an untimely end. And Ursula is convinced it was not du [...]
- The bone tree [CD sound recording] : a novel / Greg Iles.
Penn Cage's father, Dr. Tom Cage, stands accused of murder and each effort to defend him unearths new, shocking secrets. At issue is the murder o [...]
- 14th Deadly Sin (CD) [sound recording] / James Patterson.
- The tutor [CD sound recording] : a novel / Andrea Chapin.
The year is 1590. A bold and captivating novel about love, passion, and ambition that imagines the muse of William Shakespeare and the tumultuous year [...]
- A memory of violets [CD sound recording] : a novel of London flowers sellers / Hazel Gaynor.
From the USA Today bestselling author of The Girl Who Came Home comes a beautiful historical novel about Tilly Harper, a young woman who finds the dia [...]
- Short stories. Selections
Over the past several decades, Edith Pearlman has staked her claim as one of the great practitioners of the short story. This latest collection of twe [...]
- Gateway to freedom [CD sound recording] : the hidden history of the Underground Railroad / Eric Foner.
The dramatic story of fugitive slaves and the antislavery activists who defied the law to help them reach freedom.
- The children's crusade [CD sound recording] : a novel / Ann Packer.
In 1954 Bill Blair and Penny Greenway marry and have four children. Thirty years later, the three oldest Blair children, adults now and still living n [...]
- Memory man [CD sound recording] / by David Baldacci.
Amos Decker's promising football career was ended by a violent helmet-to-helmet collision. Now a police detective, he is still haunted by a side [...]
- Early Warning (CD) [sound recording] / Jane Smiley.
This opens in 1953 with the Langdons at a crossroads. Their stalwart patriarch Walter, who with his wife had sustained their Iowa farm for three decad [...]
- Perfect Match (CD) [sound recording] / Fern Michaels.
NFL star Jake Masters has a spinal injury that ended his career. Now confined to a wheelchair, unwilling to take a chance on another risky surgery tha [...]
- The Fall (CD) [sound recording] / John Lescroart.
Late one night, a teenage African American foster child named Tanya Morgan plummets to her death from the overpass above San Francisco's Stockton [...]
- A Wilder Rose [CD sound recording] : a novel / Susan Wittig Albert.
A captivating look at the real story behind the beloved Little House books, America's most iconic account of pioneer life, and the incredible mot [...]
- Mademoiselle Chanel [CD sound recording] : a novel / C. W. Gortner.
Based on the life of iconic fashion designer Coco Chanel.
- Don't give up, don't give in [CD sound recording] : lessons frrom an extraordinary life / Louis Zamperini and David Rensin.
Enduring the perils of World War II, Zamperini continued to find adventure at every turn ?from crashing weddings to facing down Frank Sinatra in a fig [...]
- Your Next Breath (CD) [sound recording] / Iris Johansen.
Now that Catherine Ling is building a realtionship with her son Luke, it seems that someone from her past is playing a deadly game with her. And using [...]
- Gathering Prey (CD) [sound recording] / John Sandford.
Lucas Davenport's adopted daughter, Letty, is home from college when she gets a phone call from a woman Traveler she'd befriended in San Fra [...]
- And Sometimes I Wonder About You (CD) [sound recording] / Walter Mosley.
- The teenage brain [CD sound recording] : a neuroscientist's survival guide to raising adolescents and young adults / by Frances E. Jensen, MD, with Amy Ellis Nutt.
An internationally respected neurologist offers a revolutionary look at the brains of adolescents, providing surprising insights--including why smart [...]
- Ghettoside [CD sound recording] : a true story of murder in America / Jill Leovy.
Jill Leovy, crime reporter for the LA Times, examines why the homicide rates for blacks in America are so much higher than any other ethnic group.
- The buried giant [CD sound recording] / Kazuo Ishiguro.
A couple set off across a troubled land of mist and rain in the hope of finding a son they have not seen in years. Sometimes savage, often intensely m [...]
- Still Alice [CD sound recording] : a novel / Lisa Genova.
An accomplished woman slowly loses her thoughts and memories to Alzheimer's disease, only to discover that each day brings a new way of living an [...]
- Crash & burn [CD sound recording] : a novel / Lisa Gardner.
"My name is Nicky Frank. Except, most likely, it isn't. Nicole Frank shouldn't have been able to survive the car accident, much less cr [...]
- Double fudge brownie murder [CD sound recording] : a Hannah Swensen mystery with recipes / Joanne Fluke.
Life in tiny Lake Eden, Minnesota, is usually pleasantly uneventful. Lately, though, it seems everyone has more than their fair share of drama--especi [...]
- Under the wide and starry sky [CD sound recording] : a novel / Nancy Horan.
"In her new novel, Nancy Horan has recreated a love story that is as unique, passionate, and overwhelmingly powerful as the one between Frank Llo [...]
powered by RSS Just Better 1.3 plugin