- Far from the madding crowd [sound recording] / Thomas Hardy.
This story of a proud rural beauty and the three men who court her is the novel that first made Thomas Hardy famous.
- The enemy inside [sound recording] : a Paul Madriani novel / Steve Martini.
Defending an innocent young man, defense attorney Paul Madriani uncovers a morass of corruption and greed that leads to the highest levels of politica [...]
- A walk in the woods [sound recording] : [rediscovering America on the Appalachian Trail] / by Bill Bryson.
Bill Bryson and his hiking partner risk snake bites, bear attacks and more while walking the 2,100-mile Appalachian Trail.
- Who Do You Love (CD) [sound recording] / Jennifer Weiner.
Rachel Blum and Andy Landis are only eight years old when they meet late one night in an ER waiting room. Their encounter is brief - born with a conge [...]
- The Taming of the Queen (CD) [sound recording] / Philippa Gregory.
Kateryn Parr, 30 year old widow in a secret affair with a new lover, has no choice when a man old enough to be her father who has buried four wives, K [...]
- The Solomon Curse (CD) [sound recording] / Clive Cussler.
- The Nature of the Beast (CD) [sound recording] / Louise Penny.
Hardly a day goes by when nine year old Laurent Lepage doesn't cry wolf. From alien invasions, to walking trees, to winged beasts in the woods, t [...]
- The Marriage of Opposites (CD) [sound recording] / Alice Hoffman.
Growing up on idyllic St. Thomas in the early 1800s, Rachel dreams of life in faraway Paris. Rachel's mother, a pillar of their small refugee com [...]
- Kick Back (CD) [sound recording] / Chelsea Cain.
- The Girl in the Spider's Web (CD) [sound recording] / David Lagercrantz.
In this adrenaline-charged thriller, Stieg Larsson's genius-hacker Lisbeth Salander and journalist Mikael Blomkvist face a dangerous new threat a [...]
- Alert (CD) [sound recording] / James Patterson.
Someone is trying to bring New York to its knees. After a series of urban disasters throws daily life into utter chaos, the entire city is on high ale [...]
- When to rob a bank [sound recording] : ... and 131 more warped suggestions and well-intended rants / Steven D. Levitt & Stephen J. Dubner.
Celebrate the tenth anniversary of the landmark Freakonomics, with this curated collection from the most readable economics blog in the world.
- The road to character [sound recording] / David Brooks.
In his most eye-opening and deeply personal book yet, David Brooks tells the story of ten great lives that illustrate how character is developed, and [...]
- On the move : [a life] / Oliver Sacks.
From its opening pages on his youthful obsession with motorcycles and speed, and infused with his restless energy. As he recounts his experiences as a [...]
- Hold still : a memoir with photographs / by Sally Mann.
A revealing and beautifully written memoir and family history from acclaimed photographer Sally Mann. In this groundbreaking book, a unique interplay [...]
- Elon Musk : Telsa, Spacex, and the quest for a fantastic future / Ashlee Vance.
An exciting narrative in the tradition of Michael Lewis which uses the extraordinary life of the entrepreneur Elon Musk, arguably the most powerful ma [...]
- And the good news is ... : lessons and advice from the bright side / by Dana Perino.
From her years as a presidential press secretary to her debates with colleagues on Fox News' The Five, Dana Perino reveals the lessons she's [...]
- We Never Asked for Wings (CD) [sound recording] / Vanessa Diffenbaugh.
- Robert B. Parker's the Devil Wins (CD) [sound recording] / Reed Farrel Coleman.
- Make Me (CD) [sound recording] / Lee Child.
- Devoted in Death (CD) [sound recording] / J. D. Robb.
Eve Dallas tracks a couple whose passion is fueled by cold brutality. Ella-Loo and her boyfriend, Darryl. As they cross state lines on their way to Ne [...]
- Ways of the world [sound recording] : a James Maxted thriller / Robert Goddard.
From the Edgar Award-winning, internationally bestselling British writer Robert Goddard comes a captivating new trilogy of historical thrillers, set a [...]
- Missoula : [rape and the justice system in a college town] / Jon Krakauer.
From bestselling author Jon Krakauer, a stark, powerful, meticulously reported narrative about a series of sexual assaults at the University of Montan [...]
- Hope [sound recording] : a memoir of survival in Cleveland / Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus ; with Mary Jordan and Kevin Sullivan.
Two victims of infamous Cleveland kidnapper Ariel Castro share the story of their abductions, their decade in captivity, and their dramatic escape.
- The Book of Joan [sound recording] : tales of mirth, mischief, and manipulation / Melissa Rivers.
Melissa Rivers relates funny, poignant and irreverent observations, thoughts, and tales about the woman who raised her and is the reason she considers [...]
- Undercover (CD) [sound recording] / Danielle Steel.
Marshall Everett and Ariana Gregory are about to collide, and life will never be the same again. Paired together, both Marshall and Ariana must trust [...]
- Purity (CD) [sound recording] / Jonathan Franzen.
Young Pip Tyler doesn't know who she is. She knows that her real name is Purity, that she's saddled with $130,000 in student debt, that she& [...]
- Kitchens of the Great Midwest (CD) [sound recording] / J. Ryan Stradal.
When Lars Thorvald's wife, Cynthia, falls in love with wine, and a dashing sommelier, he's left to raise their baby, Eva, on his own. He [...]
- Devil's Bridge (CD) [sound recording] / Linda Fairstein.
Assistant DA Alex Cooper will discover the menace that lurks in this seemingly benign corner of New York City as she and Detective Mike Chapman, in th [...]
- Thin air / Ann Cleeves.
A group of old university friends leave the bright lights of London and travel to Shetland to celebrate the marriage of one of their friends. But, one [...]
powered by RSS Just Better 1.3 plugin