- The lost daughter (CD) [sound recording] / Lucy Ferriss.
Brooke O'Connor has a happy marriage, and a young daughter that is loved very much. So her adamant refusal to have a second child confounds her h [...]
- Station Eleven [CD sound recording] : a novel / Emily St. John Mandel.
One snowy night Arthur Leander, a famous actor, has a heart attack onstage during a production. Jeevan Chaudhary, is in the audience and leaps to his [...]
- Tennessee Williams [CD sound recording] : mad pilgrimage of the flesh / John Lahr.
The definitive biography of America's greatest playwright told by the longtime drama critic of The New Yorker. John Lahr has produced a theater b [...]
- Liar, temptress, soldier, spy [CD sound recording] : four women undercover in the Civil War / by Karen Abbott.
Karen Abbott illuminates one of the most fascinating yet little known aspects of the Civil War: the stories of four courageous women--a socialite, a f [...]
- Deep down dark [CD sound recording] : the untold stories of 33 men buried in a Chilean mine, and the miracle that set them free / Héctor Tobar.
The exclusive, official story of the survival, faith, and family of Chile's thirty-three trapped miners.
- Atlantic replacement item for 10424128 vol/disc 4 (CD) [sound recording].
- Fahrenheit 451 [CD sound recording] / Ray Bradbury.
In Bradbury's futuristic novel, the knowledge gained from books is forbidden, and television replaces deep thought with vapid and menial informat [...]
- Beethoven (CD) [sound recording] / Jan Swafford.
Swafford mines sources never before used in English-language biographies to reanimate the revolutionary ferment of Enlightenment-era Bonn, where Beeth [...]
- The paying guests [CD sound recording] / Sarah Waters.
It is 1922, and London is tense. Ex-servicemen are disillusioned, the out-of-work and the hungry are demanding change. And in South London, in a gente [...]
- The girl on the train [CD sound recording] : a novel / Paula Hawkins.
A psychological thriller about a woman who becomes emotionally entangled in a murder investigation because of something she witnesses on her daily com [...]
- American sniper [CD sound recording] : [the autobiography of the most lethal sniper in U.S. military history] / Chris Kyle, with Scott McEwen and Jim DeFelice.
The astonishing autobiography of SEAL Chief Chris Kyle, whose record 150 confirmed kills make him the most deadly sniper in U.S. military history.
- The wife, the maid, and the mistress [CD sound recording] : a novel / Ariel Lawhon.
A tantalizing reimagining of a scandalous mystery that rocked the nation in 1930, Justice Joseph Crater's infamous disappearance, as seen through [...]
- The magician's land [CD sound recording] : a novel / Lev Grossman.
Quentin Coldwater has been cast out of Fillory, the secret magical land of his childhood dreams. With nothing left to lose he returns to where his sto [...]
- Embattled rebel [CD sound recording] : Jefferson Davis as commander in chief / James M. McPherson.
Jefferson Davis' cause went down in disastrous defeat and left the South impoverished for generations. James McPherson shows us that Davis might [...]
- Shame and the captives (CD) [sound recording] / Thomas Keneally.
In Gawell, New South Wales, a prisoner-of-war camp to house European, Korean and Japanese captives is built close to a farming community. Driven by a [...]
- Hush hush (CD) [sound recording] / Laura Lippman.
On a searing August day, Melisandre left her two-month-old daughter locked in a car. She was found not guilty by reason of insanity, and left the coun [...]
- Cold betrayal (CD) [sound recording] / J. A. Jance.
Ali Reynolds's longtime friend and taser-carrying nun, Sister Anselm, rushes to the bedside of a young pregnant woman hospitalized for severe inj [...]
- West of Sunset [CD sound recording] : a novel / by Stewart O'Nan.
In 1937 F. Scott Fitzgerald was a troubled, uncertain man whose literary success was long over. In poor health, with his wife consigned to a mental as [...]
- 41 [CD sound recording] : a portrait of my father / George W. Bush.
Never before has a president told the story of his father, another president, through his own eyes and in his own words. A unique and intimate biograp [...]
- Mightier than the sword (CD) [sound recording] / Jeffrey Archer.
When Harry arrives in New York, his publisher Harold Guinzberg tells him he has been elected as the next president of English PEN, which will give him [...]
- The Churchill factor [CD sound recording] : how one man made history / Boris Johnson.
The story of how Churchill's eccentric genius shaped not only his world but our own. Taking on the myths and misconceptions along with the outsiz [...]
- Wicked charms (CD) [sound recording] / Janet Evanovich.
Lizzy and Diesel are back for more supernatural adventures in the third book in the series.
- Endangered (CD) [sound recording] / C. J. Box.
Joe Pickett had good reason to dislike Dallas Cates, even if he was a rodeo champion. His eighteen-year old ward, April, has run off with him. The bod [...]
- Yes please [CD sound recording] / Amy Poehler.
The actress best known for her work on "Parks and Recreation" and "Saturday Night Live" reveals personal stories and offers her hu [...]
- Undeniable [CD sound recording] : evolution and the science of creation / Bill Nye ; edited by Corey S. Powell.
Sparked by the a provocative comment to BigThink.com last fall, and fueled by a highly controversial debate with Creation Museum curator Ken Ham, Bill [...]
- Prodigal son (CD) [sound recording] / Danielle Steel.
Twin boys grow up in the same family, in the same town. Dramatically different, they become bitter enemies, even as children: one good, one bad. One l [...]
- The alphabet house (CD) [sound recording] / Jussi Adler-Olsen.
Two British pilots during World War II are shot down during a raid over Germany. They survive the crash, but are faced with a German dog patrol. They [...]
- The first bad man [CD sound recording] : a novel / Miranda July.
Cheryl is a vulnerable woman who lives alone and is obsessed with Phillip, a philandering board member at the women's self-defense nonprofit wher [...]
- The love song of miss queenie hennessy (CD) [sound recording] / Rachel Joyce.
An unassuming hero on an incredible journey as he traveled the length of England on foot; a journey spurred by a simple letter from his old friend Que [...]
- The assassin (CD) [sound recording] / Clive Cussler.
As Van Dorn private detective Isaac Bell strives to land a government contract to investigate John D. Rockefeller's Standard Oil monopoly, the ca [...]
powered by RSS Just Better 1.3 plugin