- The best of friends (CD) [sound recording] / Joanna Trollope.
Gina and Laurence had been the best of friends ever since they were teenagers. When Gina's husband Fergus announces he is leaving her and their t [...]
- The rebel angels [CD sound recording] / by Robertson Davies.
A goodhearted priest and scholar, a professor with a passion for the darker side of medieval psychology, a defrocked monk, and a rich young businessma [...]
- Middlemarch [CD sound recording] / by George Eliot.
A sensitive young woman marries a bitter, despotic scholar 30 years her senior, who lives just long enough to blight her spirit. She inherits his fort [...]
- The closing of the American mind [CD sound recording] / by Allan Bloom.
Allan Bloom explores America's political and social crises of the late twentieth century. Contrary to popular opinion, Bloom concludes that many [...]
- American Caesar [CD sound recording] : Douglas MacArthur, 1880-1964 / William Manchester.
The acclaimed biographer and historian examines the career of the legendary soldier-hero and paradoxical four-star general, a military genius who suff [...]
- The one & only [CD sound recording] / Emily Giffin.
Shea Rigsby has spent her entire life in Walker, Texas, a small college town that lives and dies by football, a passion she unabashedly shares. Raised [...]
- Hard choices [CD sound recording] / by Hillary Rodham Clinton.
In the aftermath of her 2008 presidential run, Hillary Rodahm Clinton expected to return to representing New York in the United States Senate. To her [...]
- The brandons (CD) [sound recording] / Angela Thirkell.
The irresistible Brandons, their friends and servants, are full of youthful nonsense and middle-aged folly. People will fall in love with the wrong pe [...]
- Before lunch [CD sound recording] / by Angela Thirkell.
Lady Bond and Lord Pomfret are compelled to unite with the Middletons and the Stoners to stop the erection of a tea shop and garage on unspoiled Pooke [...]
- Rough water [CD sound recording] : stories of survival from the sea / edited by Clint Willis ; read by Rick Adamson, George Guidall, Graeme Malcolm, Simon Prebble.
Hear the stories of men and women battling the elements, and sometimes each other, to stay alive, confronting savage storms, rogue waves, icebergs, sh [...]
- The other typist [CD sound recording] : a novel / Suzanne Rindell.
It is 1923. Rose Baker is a typist for the New York City Police Department. Although she spends her days hearing about horrific crimes, she is still p [...]
- The mill on the Floss [CD sound recording] / George Eliot.
Set in rural Victorian England, George Eliot's tour de force chronicles the lives of Maggie Tulliver and her brother Tom and how their intense bo [...]
- The hunt for Red October [CD sound recording] / Tom Clancy.
When a Soviet captain uses one of the fleet's most destructive yet valuable nuclear submarines as an escape vehicle, the United States and the So [...]
- Doktor Zhivago. English
A Russian epic, "Doctor Zhivago" traces the life of surgeon-poet Yuri Zhivago before and during the Russian Revolution. Married to an upper- [...]
- From dawn to decadence [CD sound recording] : [500 years of western cultural life : 1500 to the present] / by Jacques Barzun.
Drawing on a lifetime of studies across a broad territory, highly regarded cultural historian and critic Jacques Barzun here synthesizes the sum of hi [...]
- Tempest-tost [CD sound recording] / by Robertson Davies.
An amateur production of The tempest provides a colorful backdrop for a hilarious look at unrequited love. Mathematics teacher Hector Mackilwraith, st [...]
- Mindfulness [CD sound recording] : an eight-week plan for finding peace in a frantic world / Mark Williams and Danny Penman ; foreword written and read by Jon Kabat-Zinn.
From one of the leading thinkers on Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy, a pioneering set of simple practices to dissolve anxiety, stress, exhaustion, [...]
- The end of the affair [CD sound recording] / Graham Greene.
In London, just after World War II, a love flourishes between Maurice Bendrix and Sarah Miles. Without explanation Sarah breaks off the affair after a [...]
- Somewhere safe with somebody good (CD) [sound recording] / Jan Karon.
After five hectic years of retirement from Lord's Chapel, Father Tim Kavanagh returns with his wife, Cynthia, from a so-called pleasure trip to t [...]
- The long way home (CD) [sound recording] / Louise Penny.
Happily retired in the village of Three Pines, Armand Gamache, former Chief Inspector, has found a peace he'd only imagined possible. While Gamac [...]
- Festive in death (CD) [sound recording] / J. D. Robb.
Personal trainer Trey Ziegler was in peak physical condition. If you didn't count the kitchen knife in his well-toned chest. Lieutenant Eve Dalla [...]
- The children act (CD) [sound recording] / Ian McEwan.
London High Court Judge Fiona Maye presides over a sensitive case involving a family of Jehovah's Witnesses who won't allow their seventeen- [...]
- I am having so much fun here without you [CD sound recording] / Courtney Maum.
Despite the success of his first solo show in Paris and the support of his brilliant French wife and young daughter, thirty-four-year-old British arti [...]
- Big little lies [CD sound recording] / Liane Moriarty.
"A murder... . . . a tragic accident... . . . or just parents behaving badly? What's indisputable is that someone is dead. But who did what? [...]
- Private down under (CD) [sound recording] / James Patterson.
With the best detectives in the business, cutting-edge technology, and offices around the globe, there is no investigation company quite like Private. [...]
- The king's curse (CD) [sound recording] / Philippa Gregory.
Margaret has to choose whether her allegiance is to the increasingly tyrannical king, or to her beloved queen; to the religion she loves or the theolo [...]
- Bones never lie (CD) [sound recording] / Kathy Reichs.
Years ago, Anique Pomerleau kidnapped and murdered a string of girls in Canada, then narrowly eluded capture. It was a devastating defeat for her purs [...]
- Stress test [CD sound recording] : reflections on financial crises / Timothy F. Geithner.
From the former Treasury Secretary, the definitive account of the unprecedented effort to save the U.S. economy from collapse in the wake of the worst [...]
- The death of Lucy Kyte [CD sound recording] : a new mystery featuring Josephine Tey / Nicola Upson.
When British novelist Josephine Tey inherits her estranged godmother's home, Red Barn Cottage, murder and intrigue from a century ago still haunt [...]
- The secret place (CD) [sound recording] / Tana French.
The photo on the card shows a boy who was found murdered, a year ago, on the grounds of a girls' boarding school in Dublin. The caption says: I K [...]
powered by RSS Just Better 1.3 plugin