- The seamstress [CD sound recording] : a memoir of survival / Sara Tuvel Bernstein, with Louise Loots Thornton and Marlene Bernstein Samuels ; introduction by Edgar M. Bronfman.
Growing up, Sara (Seren) Tuvel was the smartest, most ambitious girl in her Romanian mountain village. When she won and accepted a scholarship to a Ge [...]
- Drengen i kufferten. English
When Nina's friend Karin gives her a key to a public locker in a Copenhagen train station, Nina opens it to find a suitcase. When Nina opens the [...]
- I am Malala [CD sound recording] : the girl who stood up for education and was shot by the Taliban / Malala Yousafzai.
When the Taliban took control of the Swat Valley in Pakistan, one girl spoke out. Malala Yousafzai refused to be silenced and fought for her right to [...]
- 1356 [CD sound recording] : a novel / Bernard Cornwell.
On September 19, 1356, a severely outnumbered English army faced off against the French at the Battle of Poitiers. But what seemed like certain defeat [...]
- A captain's duty [CD sound recording] : Somali pirates, Navy SEALs, and dangerous days at sea / Richard Phillips with Stephan Talty.
Tells the dramatic life-and-death tale of the Vermont native who, in April of 2008, was held captive on a tiny lifeboat off Somalia's anarchic, g [...]
- Robert b. parker's bull river (CD) [sound recording] / Robert Knott.
- Innocence (CD) [sound recording] / Dean Koontz.
He lives in solitude beneath the city, an exile from a world that will destroy him if he is ever seen. She dwells in seclusion, a fugitive from enemie [...]
- Fear nothing (CD) [sound recording] / Lisa Gardner.
D.D. may not be back on the job, but she is back on the hunt. Because the Rose Killer isn't just targeting lone women, he is targeting D.D. And D [...]
- Andrew's brain (CD) [sound recording] / E. L. Doctorow.
Speaking from an unknown place and to an unknown interlocutor, Andrew is thinking, Andrew is talking, and Andrew is telling the story of his life, his [...]
- My brief history [CD sound recording] / Stephen Hawking.
Recounts Stephen Hawking's improbable journey, from his postwar London boyhood to his years of international acclaim and celebrity. Writing with [...]
- Five days at Memorial [CD sound recording] : [life and death in a storm-ravaged hospital] / Sheri Fink.
Pulitzer Prize-winner Sheri Fink's investigation into the deaths of patients at a New Orleans hospital ravaged by Hurricane Katrina, a gripping p [...]
- Standup guy (CD) [sound recording] / Stuart Woods.
Stone Barrington's newest client does not seem the type to bring mayhem in his wake. A polite, well-deported gentleman, he comes to Stone seeking [...]
- In the blood (CD) [sound recording] / Lisa Unger.
- The death trade (CD) [sound recording] / Jack Higgins.
An eminent Iranian scientist has made a startling breakthrough in nuclear weapons research, but he can't stand the thought of his regime owning t [...]
- Wilson [CD sound recording] / A. Scott Berg.
One hundred years after his inauguration, Woodrow Wilson still stands as one of the most influential figures of the twentieth century, and one of the [...]
- Killer ambition [CD sound recording] : [a Rachel Knight novel] / Marcia Clark.
When the daughter of a billionaire Hollywood director is found murdered after what appears to be a kidnapping gone wrong, Los Angeles Special Trials p [...]
- An appetite for wonder [CD sound recording] : the making of a scientist / Richard Dawkins.
From his idyllic childhood in colonial Kenya to the raucous debates at Berkeley and Oxford, Dawkins shares here, for the first time, the details of hi [...]
- The pagan lord (CD) [sound recording] / Bernard Cornwell.
Alfred the Great is dead and Edward his son now reigns as king. Wessex survives but the Danes will never rest until the emerald crown is theirs.
- Hunted (CD) [sound recording] / Karen Robards.
Caroline Wallace is one of New Orleans PD's top hostage negotiators, and she's never failed to get every hostage out alive. But this time, i [...]
- The dead in their vaulted arches (CD) [sound recording] / Alan Bradley.
- The things they carried [CD sound recording] / Tim O'Brien.
The Things They Carried depicts the men of Alpha Company: Jimmy Cross, Henry Dobbins, Rat Kiley, Mitchell Sanders, Norman Bowker, Kiowa, and the chara [...]
- The husband's secret [CD sound recording] / Liane Moriarty.
Cecilia Fitzpatrick has achieved it all - she's an incredibly successful businesswoman, a pillar of her small community, and a devoted wife and m [...]
- Saints of the shadow bible (CD) [sound recording] / Ian Rankin.
Rebus and Malcolm Fox go head-to-head when a 30-year-old murder investigation resurfaces, forcing Rebus to confront crimes of the past. Allegiances ar [...]
- The invention of wings (CD) [sound recording] / Sue Monk Kidd.
On Sarah's eleventh birthday, when she is given ownership of ten year old Handful, who is to be her handmaid. We follow their remarkable journeys [...]
- Hazardous duty (CD) [sound recording] / W. E. B. Griffin.
Mexican drug cartels are shooting up the streets of Laredo and El Paso. Somali pirates are holding three U.S. tankers for ransom. The president wants [...]
- Cell (CD) [sound recording] / Robin Cook.
George Wilson, M.D., a radiology resident in Los Angeles, is about to enter a profession on the brink of an enormous paradigm shift, foreshadowing a v [...]
- The rules of Wolfe [CD sound recording] : a border noir / James Carlos Blake.
The violent but manifest destiny of the Wolfe family from Yankee America through the Diaz Regime of Mexico continues.
- A house in the sky [CD sound recording] : a memoir / Amanda Lindhout and Sara Corbett.
The spectacularly dramatic memoir of a woman whose curiosity about the world led her from rural Canada to imperiled and dangerous countries on every c [...]
- Spy the lie [CD sound recording] : former CIA officers teach you how to detect decpetion / Philip Houston, Michael Floyd, and Susan Carnicero with Don Tennant.
As former CIA agents, Philip Houston, Mike Floyd and Susan Carnicero are among the world's best at recognizing deceptive behavior. "Spy the [...]
- Does this church make me look fat? [CD sound recording] : [a Mennonite finds faith, meets Mr. Right, and solves her lady problems] / Rhoda Janzen.
Rhoda Janzen had reconnected with her family and her roots, though her future felt uncertain. But when she starts dating a churchgoer, the skeptic beg [...]
powered by RSS Just Better 1.3 plugin