- Rewind this! [videorecording].
In the 1980s, videotape changed the world and laid the foundation for modern media culture. It traces the rise and fall of VHS from its heyday as the [...]
- Last days of man [videorecording] : top ten doomsday scenarios / written & directed by Magnus Sjeostreom ; Swedish Educational Broadcast System.
A scientific examination of the top ten disasters that have the capacity to annihilate the human race-and it's not just the usual threats from nu [...]
- The act of killing (DVD) [videorecording].
The filmmakers examine a country where death squad leaders are celebrated as heroes, challenging them to reenact their real-life mass-killings in the [...]
- The rape of Europa [videorecording] / an Actual Films production, in association with Agon Arts & Entertainment and Oregon Public Broadcasting ; written, produced and directed by Richard Berge, Nicole Newnham and Bonni Cohen ; co-producer, Robert M. Edsel ; for Actual Films: Jon Shenk, producer.
Imagine the world without our masterpieces. Interviews with eyewitnesses and historians and newsreel footage show how during World War II the Nazis sy [...]
- Jack ryan - shadow recruit (DVD) [videorecording].
A global action thriller set in the present day. This original story follows a young Jack as he uncovers a financial terrorist plot. When Ryan believe [...]
- The monuments men (DVD) [videorecording].
An unlikely World War II platoon has been tasked by FDR with going into Germany to rescue artistic masterpieces from Nazi thieves and returning them t [...]
- The vampire diaries. The complete fourth season [videorecording] / Warner Bros. Television.
Senior year is finally here, but instead of having the time of her life, Elena faces her worst nightmare, struggling with her transformation from huma [...]
- Hindenburg [videorecording] : the last flight.
On May 6th, 1937, the world's largest passenger airship was attempting to dock near Lakehurst, New Jersey when it suddenly erupted in flames and [...]
- American hustle [videorecording].
Brilliant con man Irving Rosenfeld, who along with his equally cunning and seductive British partner Sydney Prosser, is forced to work for wild FBI ag [...]
- Her (DVD) [videorecording].
The comedy story about a writer named Theodore Twombly, who is withdrawn and falls in love with his computer's highly advanced operating system n [...]
- Saving Mr. Banks [videorecording] / director, John Lee Hancock ; story by Sue Smith and Kelly Marcel ; screenplay by Kelly Marcel.
When P.L. Travers travels from London to Hollywood in 1961 to finally discuss Walt Disney's desire to bring her beloved character, Mary Poppins t [...]
- Dexter. The third season [videorecording] / Showtime ; developed for television by James Manos, Jr. ; directed by Keith Gordon ... [et al.]
Dexter is back with a new take on taking life. He is ready to put the past behind him, until a high-profile case puts him in the sights of powerful As [...]
- August: osage county (DVD) [videorecording].
The dark, hilarious, and deeply touching story of the strong-willed women of the Weston family, whose lives have diverged until a family crisis brings [...]
- Collision [videorecording] / EuropaCorp ; Grive Productions ; written and directed by David Marconi.
On their honeymoon in Morocco, Scott and Taylor Dolan set off on a day trip through the Sahara. When something goes terribly wrong, the couple find th [...]
- Women in love [videorecording] / a Company Pictures production for BBC ; adapted by William Ivory ; directed by Miranda Bowen ; produced by Mark Pybus.
Following the banning of his novel, The Rainbow, D.H. Lawrence shocked his audience yet again with Women in Love. Combining elements of both novels, t [...]
- The big C. The complete third season [videorecording] / Sony Pictures Television.
Suburban mom Cathy Jamison's cancer is in remission, and Cathy is considering drastic life changes, such as assuming a secret identity and adopti [...]
- The summit [videorecording] / MPI Media Group ; written by Mark Monroe ; produced and directed by Nick Ryan.
In August of 2008, eighteen mountain climbers reached the top of K2, the second-highest mountain in the world. 48 hours later, eleven people were dead [...]
- Muscle Shoals [videorecording].
Located alongside the Tennessee River, Muscle Shoals, Alabama has helped create some of the most important and resonant songs of all time. Overcoming [...]
- Francis: the pope from the new world [videorecording] / The Knights of Columbus presents ; written and directed by David Naglieri.
On March 13, 2013 the world was introduced to Pope Francis. He was the first Pope from the Americas, the first Jesuit, and the first to take the name [...]
- The untold history of the United States [videorecording] / written by Peter Kuznick, Matt Graham, Oliver Stone ; directed by Oliver Stone.
Twelve-chapter documentary series, created and executive produced by Academy Award-winning writer/director Oliver Stone. Do Americans really know and [...]
- The Oyler house [videorecording] : Richard Neutra's desert retreat / a film by Michael Dorsey.
In 1959, a government employee named Richard Oyler, living in the tiny desert town of Lone Pine, California, asked world-famous modern architect Richa [...]
- Heart 411 [videorecording].
Renowned specialists, Heart surgeon Dr. Marc Gillinov and cardiologist Dr. Steven Nissen, use decades of clinical experience, along with up-to-the-min [...]
- The Armstrong lie [videorecording] / Sony Pictures Classics presents a Kennedy/Marshall production in association with Jigsaw Productions and Matt Tolmach Productions ; an Alex Gibney film ; produced by Frank Marshall, Matt Tolmach, Alex Gibney ; written and directed by Alex Gibney.
In 2009 Alex Gibney was hired to make a film about Lance Armstrong's comeback to cycling. The project was shelved when the doping scandal erupted [...]
- Vikings [videorecording].
Discover exciting new insights as historian Neil Oliver digs for clues. Travel to archaeological sites in Norway, Sweden and Denmark, where Norsemen l [...]
- The Pervert's guide to ideology [videorecording] / British Film Institute and Film4 present in association with Rooks Nest Entertainment ... [et al.] ; a P Guide Production in association with Blinder Films ; a film by Sophie Fiennes ; producers, James Wilson ... [et al.] ; directed by Sophie Fiennes.
"The brilliant philosopher Slavoj Zizek with filmmaker Sophie Fiennes, now using their inventive interpretation of moving pictures to examine ide [...]
- Greek odyssey [videorecording] / produced by Sarah Taylor ; directed by Rob Farquhar and Dominic Ozanne.
Beloved actress Joanna Lumley is a gracious guide on this absolutely fabulous Greek adventure. Lumley travels across Greece, relating the history of i [...]
- Come back, Africa [videorecording] : the films of Lionel Rogosin, Volume II / Milestone Films ; Lionel Rogosin, director.
In 1957, Rogosin travelled to South Africa and created a powerfully, moving drama exposing the harsh reality of life under the system apartheid. Filme [...]
- Unreal dream, an - the michael morton story (DVD) [videorecording].
In 1986 Michael Morton's wife Christine is brutally murdered in front of their only child and Michael is convicted of the crime. Locked away in T [...]
- Secrets of ancient Egypt [videorecording].
Bordered by the banks of the Nile River and the edges of the Sahara, Egypt developed one of the world's earliest advanced civilizations. For mill [...]
- Let the fire burn [videorecording] / School of Media & Public Affairs, The George Washington University ; Sundance Institute ; The Film Sales Company ; directed and produced by Jason Osder.
A found-footage film that unfurls with the tension of a great thriller. On May 13, 1985, a longtime feud between the city of Philadelphia and controve [...]
powered by RSS Just Better 1.3 plugin