EARLY LITERACY TIPS:
- Read aloud with your child every day.
- Talk with your baby. Tell your child what you are doing as you do it Point out and name familiar objects.
- Read books with rhymes to help children recognize letter sounds.
- Sing nursery rhymes to develop listening and memory skills.
- Include wordless picture books. Discuss the characters in the story, what they are doing, and try to guess what will happen next.
- Give your child crayons and paper to draw and scribble. This will develoop fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination needed for writing.