- New moon [videorecording] / Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer presents a W.S. Van Dyke production ; screen play by Jacques DeVal ; produced and directed by Robert Z. Leonard.
"Based on the inspiring operetta about a beautiful young French heiress and a dashing revolutionary nobleman irresistibly drawn together in 19th [...]
- The spy who came in from the cold [videorecording] / a Paramount picture ; a Salem production ; screenplay by Paul Dehn and Guy Trosper ; produced and directed by Martin Ritt.
After a fellow spy is murdered, an agent is assigned to pretend he is defecting, but soon suspects that the layers of betrayal go far beyond what was [...]
- It happens every Spring [videorecording] / Twentieth Century Fox ; produced by William Perlberg ; screenplay by Valentine Davies ; directed by Lloyd Bacon.
A university chemistry instructor accidentally discovers a compound that causes baseballs to curve. He uses this knowledge to become a pitching phenom [...]
- Unfinished dance [videorecording] / a Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer picture ; screenplay by Myles Connolly ; produced by Joe Pasternak ; directed by Henry Koster.
A young dancer injures another ballerina for life in an accident but when the invalid helps her to stardom they are reconciled.
- Letter from an unknown woman [videorecording] / Melange Pictures ; written by Howard Koch ; produced by John Houseman ; directed by Max Ophuls.
In early 20th century Vienna, Stefan Brand is in the process of fleeing on the eve of a duel he wants no part of. However, before he can do so, he rec [...]
- Twilight's last gleaming [videorecording] / Bavaria Film Studios ; Lorimar-Bavaria ; directed by Robert Aldrich ; screenplay by Ronald M. Cohen and Edward Huebsch ; produced by Merv Adelson.
A Colonel in the United States Air Force, and three other convicts, escapes from a military prison. The four men take cover at a nuclear base and proc [...]
- What's up, doc? [videorecording] / Warner Bros. Pictures ; directed and produced by Peter Bogdanovich ; screenplay by Buck Henry, David Newman & Robert Benton ; story by Peter Bogdanovich.
Four red plaid traveling cases-- one of each belonging to a befuddled Iowa musicologist, a strange but bright young woman, a rich matron and a suspici [...]
- Easter parade [videorecording] / MGM ; produced by Arthur Freed ; directed by Charles Walters ; written by Frances Goodrich ... [et al.].
Fred Astaire turns chorus girl Judy Garland into a star in order to show up his former dance partner.
- Oklahoma! [videorecording] / Royal National Theatre ; producers, Chris Hunt, Andy Picheta, Richard Price ; writer, Oscar Hammerstein II ; director, Trevor Nunn.
Laurie, an Oklahoma farm gal is courted by boisterous cowboy Curley and by menacing, obsessive farm hand Jud Frye. Fearing that Jud will do something [...]
- Cleopatra [videorecording] / Twentieth Century-Fox presents ; Joseph L. Mankiewicz' [production of] ; screenplay by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, Ranald MacDougall, and Sidney Buchman ; produced by Walter Wanger ; directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz.
The epic saga of legendary Queen Cleopatra VII of Egypt, and her attempt to stabilize her power and gain control of the Roman Empire. When Caesar visi [...]
- Carole Lombard [videorecording] : Glamour collection / "Man of the world" Paramount presents a Universal Picture ; directed by Richard Wallace. "We're not dressing" ; directed by Norman Taurog. "Hands across the table" Adolph Zukor presents a Paramount Pictures ; directed by Mitchell Leisen. "Love before breakfast" Carl Laemmile presents a Universal Picture ; directed by Walter Lang. "The princess comes across" [presented by] Adolph Zukor ; directed by William K. Howard. "True confession" [presented by] Adolph Zukor ; directed by Wesley Ruggles.
"Man of the world": A young American girl visits Paris accompanied by her fiancee and her wealthy uncle. "We're not dressing" [...]
- Lawrence of Arabia [videorecording] / Columbia Pictures presents the Sam Spiegel-David Lean production ; produced by Sam Spiegel ; directed by David Lean.
A look at T.E. Lawrence, a British officer who unites the desert tribes of Arabia against the Turks during World War I.
- Mutiny on the Bounty [DVD videorecording] / Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer presents ; an Aaron Rosenberg production ; screen play by Charles Lederer ; directed by Lewis Milestone ; an Arcola picture.
In 1787, the HMS Bounty sets out on a journey that will take it through perilous seas to a tropical paradise -- and into history as one of the most il [...]
- Notorious [DVD videorecording] / [presented by] RKO Radio Pictures, Inc. ; produced by Alfred Hitchcock ; written by Ben Hecht ; by arrangment with David O. Selznick ; directed by Alfred Hitchcock.
Alicia Huberman becomes an undercover agent after her German father, who was sent to prison for treason against the U.S., commits suicide. She falls i [...]
- The band wagon [videorecording] / MGM presents ; screenplay by Betty Comden and Adolph Green ; directed by Vincente Minnelli ; produced by Arthur Freed.
A Hollywood song-and-dance man is persuaded to star in a Broadway musical only to be faced by a prima donna partner, a hostile choreographer, and a pi [...]
- Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid [DVD videorecording] / 20th Century Fox ; a George Roy Hill, Paul Monash production ; written by William Goldman ; produced by John Foreman ; directed by George Roy Hill.
The Sundance Kid is the frontier's fastest gun. His partner, Butch Cassidy is always dreaming up new ways to get rich fast. If only they could bl [...]
- Sergeant York [DVD videorecording] / Warner Bros. Pictures presents a Howard Hawks production ; original screenplay by Abem Finkel ... [et al.] ; produced by Jesse L. Lasky and Hal B. Wallis ; directed by Howard Hawks.
Story of a boy drafted into the military who begins his career as a pacifist and then soon sees the justification for fighting.
- Modern times [DVD videorecording] / written and directed by Charlie Chaplin.
A devastating satire on the effects of mass production on the lives of factory workers. Shows Charlie as a factory worker, jailbird, night watchman, a [...]
- Earth vs. the flying saucers [DVD videorecording] / Columbia Pictures presents a Clover production ; screenplay by George Worthing Yates and Bernard Gordon ; screen story by Curt Siodmak ; produced by Charles H. Schneer ; directed by Fred F. Sears.
Aliens are everywhere and they're attacking planet Earth. Dr. Russell Marvin works for Operation Skyhook, a government task force sending rockets [...]
- Once upon a time in the West [DVD videorecording] / Paramount Pictures Corporation, Rafran Cinematografia, San Marco Productions ; produced by Fulvio Morsella ; screenplay by Sergio Donati and Sergio Leone ; from a story by Dario Argento, Bernardo Bertolucci and Sergio Leone ; directed by Sergio Leone.
A man preparing to welcome his new wife to his home is killed, along with his entire family.
- The complete Gidget collection [DVD videorecording] / Columbia Pictures presents.
Presenting the big screen adventures of Gidget, the original queen of the Southern California beach scene.
- A bridge too far [DVD videorecording] / Joseph Levine presents ; produced by Joseph E. Levine and Richard P. Levine ; screenplay by William Goldman ; directed by Richard Attenborough.
In September 1944, flush with success after the Normandy Invasion, the Allies launched Operation Market Garden, a wild scheme intended to put an early [...]
- Singin' in the rain [DVD videorecording] / Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer ; produced by Loew's Incorporated ; produced by Arthur Freed ; story and screenplay by Adolph Green and Betty Comden ; directed by Gene Kelly and Stanley Donen.
"Silent movies are giving way to talking pictures, and a hoofer-turned-matinee idol is caught in that bumpy transition, as well as his buddy, pro [...]
- 20 million miles to Earth [DVD videorecording] / [presented by] Columbia Pictures ; story by Charlott Knight ; screenplay by Bob Williams and Christopher Knopf ; produced by Charles H. Schneer ; directed by Nathan Juran.
When an American spaceship crash-lands off the coast of Sicily, a rescue team discovers that the crew has brought back a gelatinous mass that soon hat [...]
- The searchers [DVD videorecording] / Warner Bros. Pictures and C.V. Whitney Pictures ; produced by Merian C. Cooper ; screenplay by Frank S. Nugent, from the novel by Alan LeMay ; directed by John Ford.
A Civil War veteran spends five years on the trail of a Comanche raiding party that kidnapped his dead brother's daughters. Breathtaking scenery [...]
- The high and the mighty [DVD videorecording] / Warner Bros. Pictures presents a Cinemascope production ; screenplay by Ernest K. Gann ; a Wayne-Fellows production ; Batjac Productions, Inc. ; directed by William A. Wellman.
A commercial airliner develops engine trouble while flying over the Pacific Ocean. The pilot panics, so it is up to the washed-up co-pilot to get the [...]
- Army of shadows [DVD videorecording] = L'armee des ombres / Janus Films ; Rialto Pictures ; Films Corona ; produced by Jacques Dorfmann ; screenplay adaptation by Jean-Pierre Melville ; directed by Jean-Pierre Melville.
A civil engineer who is one of the French Resistance's chiefs is given away by a traitor and interned in a camp. He manages to escape and join hi [...]
- The King and I [DVD videorecording] / [presented by] Darryl F. Zanuck ; produced by Charles Brackett ; screenplay by Ernest Lehman ; directed by Walter Lang.
An English governess is hired to teach the King of Siam's children, but ruins the country's traditions during her work.
- Shoot the piano player [DVD videorecording] = Tirez sur le pianiste / a film by François Truffaut.
Charlie is a timid café pianist who has given up his former life as a concert pianist, a career which had destroyed his marriage. However, even [...]
- Playtime (DVD) [videorecording].
Modern Paris, a city of glass, steel, and the encroaching age of technology. Amidst the babble of tourists, the endearingly clumsy Monsieur Hulot trie [...]
powered by RSS Just Better 1.3 plugin