- Of human bondage [videorecording] / produced by Pandro S. Berman ; screenplay by Lester Cohen ; directed by John Cromwell.
Based on W. Somerset Maugham's classic novel of a young medical student's strange infatuation with a cheap and vulgar cockney waitress. The [...]
- You never can tell / Universal International presents ; screenplay by Lou Breslow and David Chandler ; produced by Leonard Goldstein ; directed by Lou Breslow.
"When an eccentric tycoon leaves six million dollars to his faithful dog, King, trustee Ellen Hathaway is besieged by fortune hunters when they l [...]
- Tender is the night [videorecording] / Twentieth Century-Fox presents a Cinemascope Picture ; screenplay by Ivan Moffat ; produced by Henry T. Weinstein ; directed by Henry King.
A wealthy but disturbed woman of the 1920s marries her psychiatrist. As she becomes stronger, he becomes weaker and totally dependent on her emotional [...]
- Stranger on the third floor [videorecording] / RKO Radio Pictures, Inc. presents ; story and screen play by Frank Partos ; produced by Lee Marcos ; directed by Boris Ingster.
A reporter provides eyewitness testimony that helps sentence a small-time loser to the electric chair for murder. When the reporter himself is fingere [...]
- Out of the fog [videorecording] / Warner Bros. Pictures Inc. presents ; screen play by Robert Rossen, Jerry Wald and Richard MaCaulay ; directed by Anatole Litvak.
Working-class dreamers Jonah and Olaf fish the Brooklyn waters and ponder their glorious plan: buy a big boat and head for sunny Cuba. Then an amoral [...]
- Ride the pink horse [videorecording] / screenplay by Ben Hecht, Charles Lederer ; directed by Robert Montgomery.
A striking crime drama based on a novel by Dorothy B. Hughes. A tough-talking former GI who comes to a small New Mexico town to shake down a gangster [...]
- The inn of the sixth happiness [videorecording] / Twentieth Century Fox ; producer, Buddy Adler ; screenplay writer, Isobel Lennart ; director, Mark Robson.
Based on the true-life story of Gladys Aylward, an English missionary that led a group of children through war-torn China in the 1930's. Nominate [...]
- Crest of the wave [videorecording] / Metro Goldwyn Mayer Picture; produced and directed by John and Roy Boulting ; screenplay by Roy Boulting and Frank Harvey.
British and American naval personnel on a remote Scots isle test a new torpedo --British film catalogue ; Fiction film, 1895-1994.
- Godzilla [videorecording] / producer, Tomoyuki Tanaka ; original story, Shigeru Kayama ; screenplay, Takeo Murata, Ishiro Honda ; director, Ishiro Honda.
It's also a remarkably humane and melancholy drama made in Japan at a time when the country was still reeling from nuclear attack and H-bomb test [...]
- Cleopatra [videorecording] / Twentieth Century-Fox presents ; Joseph L. Mankiewicz' [production of] ; screenplay by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, Ranald MacDougall, and Sidney Buchman ; produced by Walter Wanger ; directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz.
The epic saga of legendary Queen Cleopatra VII of Egypt, and her attempt to stabilize her power and gain control of the Roman Empire. When Caesar visi [...]
- Gidget the complete series (DVD) [videorecording].
Gidget lives with her father, Professor Russ Lawrence, a widower in Southern California. Stories revolve around Gidget and her life as a teenager grow [...]
- Meet me in st louis (DVD) [videorecording].
The setting is St. Louis, the opening days of the 1903 World's Fair. A well-to-do family find out the father is being transfered to New York just [...]
- The adventures of Robin Hood [DVD videorecording] / Warner Bros. Pictures Inc. presents a First National picture ; directed by Michael Curtiz and William Keighley ; original screenplay by Norman Reilly Raine and Seton I. Miller.
Recounts the life and adventures of Robin Hood, who, with his band of followers, lived as an outlaw in Sherwood Forest dedicated to fight against tyra [...]
- To kill a mockingbird [DVD videorecording] / directed by Robert Mulligan.
Gregory Peck plays a southern lawyer who defends a black man accused of rape in this film version of the Pulitzer Prize-winning novel. The way in whic [...]
powered by RSS Just Better 1.4 plugin