- The winning of Barbara Worth [videorecording] / produced by Samuel Goldwyn ; directed by Henry King.
Gorgeous young Barbara Worth wants one thing, to help her adoptive father turn their dusty desert town into farmland. But when a wealthy land develope [...]
- The inn of the sixth happiness [videorecording] / Twentieth Century Fox ; producer, Buddy Adler ; screenplay writer, Isobel Lennart ; director, Mark Robson.
Based on the true-life story of Gladys Aylward, an English missionary that led a group of children through war-torn China in the 1930's. Nominate [...]
- Crest of the wave [videorecording] / Metro Goldwyn Mayer Picture; produced and directed by John and Roy Boulting ; screenplay by Roy Boulting and Frank Harvey.
British and American naval personnel on a remote Scots isle test a new torpedo --British film catalogue ; Fiction film, 1895-1994.
- Pursued [videorecording] / produced by Milton Sperling ; written by Niven Busch ; directed by Raoul Walsh.
Brought up by a neighboring family in the 1880s, an orphan grows up haunted by nightmares of a childhood trauma in which his own family was killed.
- Godzilla [videorecording] / producer, Tomoyuki Tanaka ; original story, Shigeru Kayama ; screenplay, Takeo Murata, Ishiro Honda ; director, Ishiro Honda.
It's also a remarkably humane and melancholy drama made in Japan at a time when the country was still reeling from nuclear attack and H-bomb test [...]
- Gone with the wind [videorecording] / Selznick International in association with Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer ; produced by David O. Selznick ; screenplay by Sidney Howard ; directed by Victor Fleming.
Scarlett O'Hara is the daughter of a wealthy southern plantation owner. Ashley is the love of her life, but he is going to marry his cousin Melan [...]
- To sir, with love II [videorecording] / Verdon-Cedric Productions, Inc. ; Adelson/Baumgarten Productions, Inc. in association with Sony Pictures Television ; produced by Richard Stenta ; written by Philip Rosenberg ; directed by Peter Bogdanovich.
Mark Thackeray returns to Chicago after he retires from teaching school in London. However the challenge of reaching the kids in the inner city school [...]
- Lili [videorecording] / producer, Edwin H. Knopf ; screenplay, Helen Deutsch ; director, Charles Walters.
Orphan Lili Daurier joins a carnival and falls under the spell of its star, a suave magician. But it is the show's crippled, embittered puppeteer [...]
- The white cliffs of Dover [videorecording] / Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer presents ; a Clarence Brown production ; screen play by Claudine West, Jan Lustig and George Froeschel ; produced by Sidney Franklin ; directed by Clarence Brown.
When Susan moves with her father from America to England, she ends up falling in love with and marrying Sir John Ashwood, an English baronet. But, bef [...]
- The secret life of Walter Mitty [videorecording] / written by Ken Englund and Everett Freeman ; produced by Samuel Goldwyn ; directed by Norman Z. McLeod.
A mild-mannered mouse who imagines himself to be a number of daredevil heroes in the whimsical adaptation of James Thurber's short story. It' [...]
- New moon [videorecording] / Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer presents a W.S. Van Dyke production ; screen play by Jacques DeVal ; produced and directed by Robert Z. Leonard.
"Based on the inspiring operetta about a beautiful young French heiress and a dashing revolutionary nobleman irresistibly drawn together in 19th [...]
- The spy who came in from the cold [videorecording] / a Paramount picture ; a Salem production ; screenplay by Paul Dehn and Guy Trosper ; produced and directed by Martin Ritt.
After a fellow spy is murdered, an agent is assigned to pretend he is defecting, but soon suspects that the layers of betrayal go far beyond what was [...]
- Easter parade [videorecording] / MGM ; produced by Arthur Freed ; directed by Charles Walters ; written by Frances Goodrich ... [et al.].
Fred Astaire turns chorus girl Judy Garland into a star in order to show up his former dance partner.
- Oklahoma! [videorecording] / Royal National Theatre ; producers, Chris Hunt, Andy Picheta, Richard Price ; writer, Oscar Hammerstein II ; director, Trevor Nunn.
Laurie, an Oklahoma farm gal is courted by boisterous cowboy Curley and by menacing, obsessive farm hand Jud Frye. Fearing that Jud will do something [...]
- Cleopatra [videorecording] / Twentieth Century-Fox presents ; Joseph L. Mankiewicz' [production of] ; screenplay by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, Ranald MacDougall, and Sidney Buchman ; produced by Walter Wanger ; directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz.
The epic saga of legendary Queen Cleopatra VII of Egypt, and her attempt to stabilize her power and gain control of the Roman Empire. When Caesar visi [...]
- Carole Lombard [videorecording] : Glamour collection / "Man of the world" Paramount presents a Universal Picture ; directed by Richard Wallace. "We're not dressing" ; directed by Norman Taurog. "Hands across the table" Adolph Zukor presents a Paramount Pictures ; directed by Mitchell Leisen. "Love before breakfast" Carl Laemmile presents a Universal Picture ; directed by Walter Lang. "The princess comes across" [presented by] Adolph Zukor ; directed by William K. Howard. "True confession" [presented by] Adolph Zukor ; directed by Wesley Ruggles.
"Man of the world": A young American girl visits Paris accompanied by her fiancee and her wealthy uncle. "We're not dressing" [...]
- Lawrence of Arabia [videorecording] / Columbia Pictures presents the Sam Spiegel-David Lean production ; produced by Sam Spiegel ; directed by David Lean.
A look at T.E. Lawrence, a British officer who unites the desert tribes of Arabia against the Turks during World War I.
- Mutiny on the Bounty [DVD videorecording] / Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer presents ; an Aaron Rosenberg production ; screen play by Charles Lederer ; directed by Lewis Milestone ; an Arcola picture.
In 1787, the HMS Bounty sets out on a journey that will take it through perilous seas to a tropical paradise -- and into history as one of the most il [...]
- The band wagon [videorecording] / MGM presents ; screenplay by Betty Comden and Adolph Green ; directed by Vincente Minnelli ; produced by Arthur Freed.
A Hollywood song-and-dance man is persuaded to star in a Broadway musical only to be faced by a prima donna partner, a hostile choreographer, and a pi [...]
- Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid [DVD videorecording] / 20th Century Fox ; a George Roy Hill, Paul Monash production ; written by William Goldman ; produced by John Foreman ; directed by George Roy Hill.
The Sundance Kid is the frontier's fastest gun. His partner, Butch Cassidy is always dreaming up new ways to get rich fast. If only they could bl [...]
- Sergeant York [DVD videorecording] / Warner Bros. Pictures presents a Howard Hawks production ; original screenplay by Abem Finkel ... [et al.] ; produced by Jesse L. Lasky and Hal B. Wallis ; directed by Howard Hawks.
Story of a boy drafted into the military who begins his career as a pacifist and then soon sees the justification for fighting.
- Modern times [DVD videorecording] / written and directed by Charlie Chaplin.
A devastating satire on the effects of mass production on the lives of factory workers. Shows Charlie as a factory worker, jailbird, night watchman, a [...]
- Earth vs. the flying saucers [DVD videorecording] / Columbia Pictures presents a Clover production ; screenplay by George Worthing Yates and Bernard Gordon ; screen story by Curt Siodmak ; produced by Charles H. Schneer ; directed by Fred F. Sears.
Aliens are everywhere and they're attacking planet Earth. Dr. Russell Marvin works for Operation Skyhook, a government task force sending rockets [...]
- Once upon a time in the West [DVD videorecording] / Paramount Pictures Corporation, Rafran Cinematografia, San Marco Productions ; produced by Fulvio Morsella ; screenplay by Sergio Donati and Sergio Leone ; from a story by Dario Argento, Bernardo Bertolucci and Sergio Leone ; directed by Sergio Leone.
A man preparing to welcome his new wife to his home is killed, along with his entire family.
- The complete Gidget collection [DVD videorecording] / Columbia Pictures presents.
Presenting the big screen adventures of Gidget, the original queen of the Southern California beach scene.
- Singin' in the rain [DVD videorecording] / Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer ; produced by Loew's Incorporated ; produced by Arthur Freed ; story and screenplay by Adolph Green and Betty Comden ; directed by Gene Kelly and Stanley Donen.
"Silent movies are giving way to talking pictures, and a hoofer-turned-matinee idol is caught in that bumpy transition, as well as his buddy, pro [...]
- 20 million miles to Earth [DVD videorecording] / [presented by] Columbia Pictures ; story by Charlott Knight ; screenplay by Bob Williams and Christopher Knopf ; produced by Charles H. Schneer ; directed by Nathan Juran.
When an American spaceship crash-lands off the coast of Sicily, a rescue team discovers that the crew has brought back a gelatinous mass that soon hat [...]
- The searchers [DVD videorecording] / Warner Bros. Pictures and C.V. Whitney Pictures ; produced by Merian C. Cooper ; screenplay by Frank S. Nugent, from the novel by Alan LeMay ; directed by John Ford.
A Civil War veteran spends five years on the trail of a Comanche raiding party that kidnapped his dead brother's daughters. Breathtaking scenery [...]
- The high and the mighty [DVD videorecording] / Warner Bros. Pictures presents a Cinemascope production ; screenplay by Ernest K. Gann ; a Wayne-Fellows production ; Batjac Productions, Inc. ; directed by William A. Wellman.
A commercial airliner develops engine trouble while flying over the Pacific Ocean. The pilot panics, so it is up to the washed-up co-pilot to get the [...]
- Army of shadows [DVD videorecording] = L'armee des ombres / Janus Films ; Rialto Pictures ; Films Corona ; produced by Jacques Dorfmann ; screenplay adaptation by Jean-Pierre Melville ; directed by Jean-Pierre Melville.
A civil engineer who is one of the French Resistance's chiefs is given away by a traitor and interned in a camp. He manages to escape and join hi [...]
powered by RSS Just Better 1.3 plugin