- Into the woods [videorecording] / screenplay by James Lapine ; director, Rob Marshall.
A modern twist on several of the beloved Brothers Grimm fairy tales, intertwining the plots of a few choice stories and exploring the consequences of [...]
- Night at the Museum. Secret of the tomb [videorecording] / directed by Shawn Levy.
Get ready for the wildest and most adventure-filled night as Larry spans the globe, uniting favorite and new characters while embarking on an epic que [...]
- Annie [videorecording] / director, Will Gluck.
Annie is a young, happy foster kid who's also tough enough to make her way on the streets of New York in 2014. Originally left by her parents as [...]
- The hobbit. The battle of the five armies [videorecording] / director, Peter Jackson ; writers, Fran Walsh, Philippa Boyens.
The epic conclusion the adventures of Bilbo Baggins. Having reclaimed their homeland from the Dragon Smaug, the Company has unwittingly unleashed a de [...]
- Dumb and dumber to [videorecording] / Universal Pictures and Red Granite Pictures present ; written by Sean Anders & John Morris and Peter Farrelly & Bobby Farrelly & Bennett Yellin & Mike Cerrone ; directed by Peter Farrelly and Bobby Farrelly.
Lloyd and Harry go on a road trip to find a child Harry never knew he had, and the responsibility neither should ever, ever be given.
- Horrible bosses 2 [videorecording] / New Line Cinema presents a Benderspink/Ratpac Entertainment production ; screenplay by Sean Anders & John Morris ; directed by Sean Anders.
Fed up with answering to higher-ups, Nick and Kurt decide to become their own bosses by launching their own business. But a slick investor soon pulls [...]
- The theory of everything [videorecording] / directed by James Marsh ; screenplay by Anthony McCarten ; produced by Tim Bevan ... and others.
Renowned astrophysicist Stephen Hawking, who falls deeply in love with fellow Cambridge student Jane Wilde. Once a healthy, active young man, Hawking [...]
- The imitation game [videorecording] / producer, Teddy Schwarzman.
During the winter of 1952, British authorities entered the home of mathematician, cryptanalyst, and war hero Alan Turing to investigate a reported bur [...]
- Birdman [videorecording].
A black comedy story of an actor famous for portraying an iconic superhero as he struggles to mount a Broadway play. In the days leading up to opening [...]
- Kill the messenger [videorecording] / Focus Features presents a Bluegrass Films production ; a film by Michael Cuesta ; written by Peter Landesman ; directed by Michael Cuesta.
Based on the true story of journalist Gary Webb. The film takes place in the mid 1990s, when Webb uncovered the CIA's past role in importing huge [...]
- The hunger games. Mockingjay. Part 1 [videorecording] / writers, Peter Craig and Danny Strong ; producers, Nina Jacobson, Jon Kilik ; director, Francis Lawrence.
With the games destroyed and Peeta captured, Katniss becomes the symbol of rebellion while trying to rescue Peeta from the capitol.
- The interview [videorecording] / directed by Evan Goldberg & Seth Rogen ; writers, Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg & Dan Sterling.
Two amateur TV hosts land an interview with the North Korean dictator Kim Jung-un, and are recruited by the CIA to assassinate him.
- Foxcatcher [videorecording] / director, Bennett Miller ; producers, Bennett Miller, Megan Ellison, John Kilik.
The dark and fascinating story of the unlikely and ultimately tragic relationship between an eccentric multi-millionaire and two champion wrestlers.
- My old lady [videorecording] / Cohen Media Group and BBC Films ; produced by Rachael Horovitz ... [et al.] ; written and directed by Israel Horovitz.
When Mathias Gold arrives at the sumptuous Parisian apartment he inherited from his father, he's surprised that the property comes with two stubb [...]
- The boxtrolls [videorecording] / Focus Features.
A community of quirky, mischievous creatures who have lovingly raised an orphaned human boy named Eggs in the amazing cavernous home they've buil [...]
- Big hero 6 [videorecording] / director, Chris Williams, Don Hall.
Robotics prodigy Hiro Hamada learns to harness his genius, thanks to his brilliant brother Tadashi and their like-minded friends: adrenaline junkie Go [...]
- Nightcrawler [videorecording] / writer/director, Dan Gilroy.
A pulse-pounding thriller set in the nocturnal underbelly of contemporary Los Angeles. Jake Gyllenhaal stars as Lou Bloom, a driven young man desperat [...]
- Whiplash (DVD) [videorecording].
Andrew Neyman is an ambitious young jazz drummer, single-minded in his pursuit to rise to the top of his elite east coast music conservatory. Plagued [...]
- St. Vincent [videorecording].
Maggie, a single mother, moves into a new home in Brooklyn with her twelve-year old son, Oliver. Forced to work long hours, she has no choice but to l [...]
- Alexander and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day [videorecording].
It follows the exploits of eleven-year-old Alexander as he experiences the most terrible and horrible day of his young life, a day that begins with gu [...]
- The judge [videorecording] / writer, Nick Schenk, Bill Dubuque ; director, David Dobkin.
Big-city lawyer Hank Palmer returns to his childhood home where his estranged father, the town's judge, is suspected of murder. He sets out to di [...]
- Fury [videorecording] / director, David Ayer.
April, 1945. As the Allies make their final push in the European Theatre, a battle-hardened army sergeant named Wardaddy commands a Sherman tank and h [...]
- A walk among the tombstones [videorecording] / directed and written by Scott Frank ; produced by Danny DeVito ... and others.
Matt Scudder is an ex-NYPD cop who now works as an unlicensed private investigator operating just outside the law. When Scudder agrees to help a heroi [...]
- Lucy [videorecording] / Universal Studios ; director, Luc Besson.
An action-thriller that tracks a woman accidentally caught in a dark deal who turns the tables on her captors and transforms into a merciless warrior [...]
- Gone girl [videorecording] / writer, Gillian Flynn ; director, David Fincher.
On the occasion of his fifth wedding anniversary, Nick Dunne reports that his wife, Amy, has gone missing. Under pressure from the police and a growin [...]
- Pride [videorecording] / screenplay by Stephen Beresford ; directed by Matthew Warchus ; produced by David Livingstone.
U.K. gay activists work to assist miners during their extended strike of the National Union of Mineworkers in the summer of 1984.
- Boyhood [videorecording] / written and directed by Richard Linklater.
A groundbreaking story of growing up as seen through the eyes of a boy named Mason, who ages from six to eighteen years old on screen.
- The maze runner [videorecording].
When Thomas wakes up trapped in a massive maze with a group of other boys, he has no memory of the outside world other than strange dreams about a mys [...]
- This is where I leave you [videorecording] / director, Shawn Levy ; writers, Jonathan Tropper.
When their father passes away, four grown siblings, bruised and banged up by their respective adult lives, are forced to return to their childhood hom [...]
- Magic in the moonlight [videorecording] / Sony Pictures Classics presents in association with Gravier Productions ; a Dippermouth production in association with Perdido Productions & Ske-Dat-Dat Productions ; produced by Letty Aronson, Stephen Tenebaum, Edward Walson ; written and directed by Woody Allen.
Set in the 1920s, Stanley, an Englishman posing as an Asian magician, attempts to debunk fake spiritualists. He then travels to the south of France to [...]
powered by RSS Just Better 1.3 plugin