- Birdman [videorecording].
A black comedy story of an actor famous for portraying an iconic superhero as he struggles to mount a Broadway play. In the days leading up to opening [...]
- The interview [videorecording] / directed by Evan Goldberg & Seth Rogen ; writers, Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg & Dan Sterling.
Two amateur TV hosts land an interview with the North Korean dictator Kim Jung-un, and are recruited by the CIA to assassinate him.
- My old lady [videorecording] / Cohen Media Group and BBC Films ; produced by Rachael Horovitz ... [et al.] ; written and directed by Israel Horovitz.
When Mathias Gold arrives at the sumptuous Parisian apartment he inherited from his father, he's surprised that the property comes with two stubb [...]
- The boxtrolls [videorecording] / Focus Features.
A community of quirky, mischievous creatures who have lovingly raised an orphaned human boy named Eggs in the amazing cavernous home they've buil [...]
- Big hero 6 [videorecording] / director, Chris Williams, Don Hall.
Robotics prodigy Hiro Hamada learns to harness his genius, thanks to his brilliant brother Tadashi and their like-minded friends: adrenaline junkie Go [...]
- Whiplash (DVD) [videorecording].
Andrew Neyman is an ambitious young jazz drummer, single-minded in his pursuit to rise to the top of his elite east coast music conservatory. Plagued [...]
- St. Vincent [videorecording].
Maggie, a single mother, moves into a new home in Brooklyn with her twelve-year old son, Oliver. Forced to work long hours, she has no choice but to l [...]
- Alexander and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day [videorecording].
It follows the exploits of eleven-year-old Alexander as he experiences the most terrible and horrible day of his young life, a day that begins with gu [...]
- The judge [videorecording] / writer, Nick Schenk, Bill Dubuque ; director, David Dobkin.
Big-city lawyer Hank Palmer returns to his childhood home where his estranged father, the town's judge, is suspected of murder. He sets out to di [...]
- Fury [videorecording] / director, David Ayer.
April, 1945. As the Allies make their final push in the European Theatre, a battle-hardened army sergeant named Wardaddy commands a Sherman tank and h [...]
- A walk among the tombstones [videorecording] / directed and written by Scott Frank ; produced by Danny DeVito ... and others.
Matt Scudder is an ex-NYPD cop who now works as an unlicensed private investigator operating just outside the law. When Scudder agrees to help a heroi [...]
- Lucy [videorecording] / Universal Studios ; director, Luc Besson.
An action-thriller that tracks a woman accidentally caught in a dark deal who turns the tables on her captors and transforms into a merciless warrior [...]
- Gone girl [videorecording] / writer, Gillian Flynn ; director, David Fincher.
On the occasion of his fifth wedding anniversary, Nick Dunne reports that his wife, Amy, has gone missing. Under pressure from the police and a growin [...]
- Pride [videorecording] / screenplay by Stephen Beresford ; directed by Matthew Warchus ; produced by David Livingstone.
U.K. gay activists work to assist miners during their extended strike of the National Union of Mineworkers in the summer of 1984.
- Boyhood [videorecording] / written and directed by Richard Linklater.
A groundbreaking story of growing up as seen through the eyes of a boy named Mason, who ages from six to eighteen years old on screen.
- The maze runner [videorecording].
When Thomas wakes up trapped in a massive maze with a group of other boys, he has no memory of the outside world other than strange dreams about a mys [...]
- This is where I leave you [videorecording] / director, Shawn Levy ; writers, Jonathan Tropper.
When their father passes away, four grown siblings, bruised and banged up by their respective adult lives, are forced to return to their childhood hom [...]
- Magic in the moonlight [videorecording] / Sony Pictures Classics presents in association with Gravier Productions ; a Dippermouth production in association with Perdido Productions & Ske-Dat-Dat Productions ; produced by Letty Aronson, Stephen Tenebaum, Edward Walson ; written and directed by Woody Allen.
Set in the 1920s, Stanley, an Englishman posing as an Asian magician, attempts to debunk fake spiritualists. He then travels to the south of France to [...]
- Guardians of the galaxy [videorecording] / director, James Gunn.
Brash adventurer Peter Quill finds himself the object of an unrelenting bounty hunt after stealing a mysterious orb coveted by Ronan, a powerful villa [...]
- Teenage mutant ninja turtles [videorecording] / Jonathan Liebesman.
The city needs heroes. Darkness has settled over New York City as Shredder and his evil Foot Clan have an iron grip on everything from the police to t [...]
- The giver [videorecording] / director, Phillip Noyce ; producer, Jeff Bridges ; screenwriter, Michale Mitnick.
The story centers on Jonas, young man who lives in a supposedly ideal world of conformity and contentment. Yet as he begins to spend time with the eld [...]
- Hercules [videorecording] / director, Brett Ratner.
Based on Radical Comics' Hercules by Steve Moore, this ensemble-action film is a revisionist take on the classic myth. It offers the truth behind [...]
- And so it goes [videorecording].
Realtor Oren Little, willfully obnoxious to anyone who might cross his path, he wants nothing more than to sell one last house and retire in peace and [...]
- The hundred-foot journey [videorecording] / produced by Steven Spielberg, Oprah Winfrey and Julia Blake ; directed by Lasse Hallström.
Hassan is a culinary ingenue with the gastronomic equivalent of perfect pitch. Displaced from their native India, his family settles in a quaint villa [...]
- Dawn of the planet of the apes [videorecording].
A growing nation of genetically evolved apes led by Caesar is threatened by a band of human survivors of the devastating virus unleashed a decade earl [...]
- Tammy [videorecording] / director, Ben Falcone ; writers, Melissa McCarthy, Ben Falcone.
Tammy is having a bad day. She's totaled her car, gotten fired from her job at a burger joint, and finds her husband getting comfortable with the [...]
- A most wanted man [videorecording] / writers, Andrew Bovell ; director, Anton Corbijn.
German intelligence agent Gunther Bachmann (Philip Seymour Hoffman, in his final starring role) must race against time to solve a perilous mystery: Is [...]
- Maleficent [videorecording] / writer, Linda Woolverton ; director, Robert Stromberg.
A beautiful, pure-hearted young woman, Maleficent has an idyllic life growing up in a peaceable forest kingdom, until one day when an invading army th [...]
- 22 Jump Street [videorecording] / writers, Michael Bacall, Oren Uziel ; an Original Film, Cannell Studios production ; directors, Phil Lord & Chris Miller.
After making their way through high school twice, big changes are in store for officers Schmidt and Jenko when they go deep undercover at a local coll [...]
- Chef [videorecording] / producers, Jon Favreau, Sergei Bespalov ; writer, Jon Favreau ; director, Jon Favreau.
A chef who loses his restaurant job starts up a food truck in an effort to reclaim his creative promise, while piecing back together his estranged fam [...]
powered by RSS Just Better 1.3 plugin