- All things possible : setbacks and success in politics and life / Andrew M. Cuomo.
The governor of New York discusses both his personal life and his career in politics.
- The return of George Washington : 1783-1789 / Edward J. Larson.
Documents Washington's decision to come out of retirement to lead the Constitutional Convention and become America's first president, discus [...]
- Founding Fathers : The Fight for Freedom and the Birth of American Liberty
- A Nation Wholly Free : The Elimination of the National Debt in the Age of Jackson
- The Georgetown set : the establishment elite who waged--and won--the Cold War / by Gregg Herken.
- The wild truth / The Untold Story of Sibling Survival Carine McCandless.
"The spellbinding story of Chris McCandless, who gave away his savings, hitchhiked to Alaska, walked into the wilderness alone, and starved to de [...]
- Good grief! : life in a tiny Vermont village / Ellen Stimson.
- A People's History of the United States : 1492 to Present
- The Republic of Imagination : America in Three Books
- Dreamers and Deceivers : True and Untold Stories of the People Who Made America
- The presidents' war : six American presidents and the Civil War that divided them / Chris DeRose.
Discusses the opposition Abraham Lincoln faced from former Presidents Tyler, Van Buren, Buchanan, Fillmore, and Pierce concerning the Civil War.
- Los Angeles then & now / Rosemary Lord.
- Lincoln's gamble : the tumultuous six months that gave America the Emancipation Proclamation and changed the course of the Civil War / Todd Brewster.
An account of the six-month period during which Lincoln wrote the Emancipation Proclamation and changed the course of the Civil War discusses his batt [...]
- Embattled rebel : Jefferson Davis as commander in chief / James M. McPherson.
- When Britain burned the White House : the 1814 invasion of Washington / Peter Snow.
- Miracles and massacres : true and untold stories of the making of America / written & edited by: Glenn Beck with Kevin Balfe and Hannah Beck ; writers: James Best, Jack Henderson, David Pietrusza, Anthony J. Tata, Jason Wright ; contributors, researchers & editors: Keith Malinak, Kevin Smith, Martha Weeks.
Details some of the little-known stories from American history that explain the American identity and where the country is headed in the future.
- The stranger : Barack Obama in the White House / Chuck Todd.
Presents a behind-the-scenes narrative of President Obama's first term that explores how his pre-presidency status as a Washington outsider has b [...]
powered by RSS Just Better 1.3 plugin