- The work : the search for a life that matters / Wes Moore.
"Wes Moore's remarkable bestseller The Other Wes Moore ends when Wes completes his journey from a fatherless delinquent to college graduate [...]
- Just kids from the Bronx : telling it the way it was : an oral history / Arlene Alda.
"'A down-to-earth, inspiring book about the American promise fulfilled'--President Bill Clinton; 'Fascinating. Made me wish I had [...]
- God, guns, grits, and gravy / Mike Huckabee.
"In Mike Huckabee's new book God, Guns, Grits and Gravy, he asks the question, "Have I been taken to a different planet than the one on [...]
- The remarkable education of John Quincy Adams / Phyllis Lee Levin.
A patriot by birth, John Quincy Adams's destiny was foreordained. He was not only "the greatest traveler of his age," but his country [...]
- Under the radar Michigan : the first 50 / written by Tom Daldin; photographs and stories about episode names by Jim Edelman ; contributing prose by Eric Tremonti.
Under the radar Michigan is an emmy award winning PBS television series that features the cool people, places and things that make Michigan an awesome [...]
- Days of Rage : America's Radical Underground, the FBI, and the Forgotten Age of Revolutionary Violence
- The Georgetown set : the establishment elite who waged--and won--the Cold War / by Gregg Herken.
- The wild truth / Carine McCandless.
"The spellbinding story of Chris McCandless, who gave away his savings, hitchhiked to Alaska, walked into the wilderness alone, and starved to de [...]
- Good grief! : life in a tiny Vermont village / Ellen Stimson.
- A People's History of the United States : 1492 to Present
- Los Angeles then & now / Rosemary Lord.
- Miracles and massacres : true and untold stories of the making of America / written & edited by: Glenn Beck with Kevin Balfe and Hannah Beck ; writers: James Best, Jack Henderson, David Pietrusza, Anthony J. Tata, Jason Wright ; contributors, researchers & editors: Keith Malinak, Kevin Smith, Martha Weeks.
Details some of the little-known stories from American history that explain the American identity and where the country is headed in the future.
- The stranger : Barack Obama in the White House / Chuck Todd.
Presents a behind-the-scenes narrative of President Obama's first term that explores how his pre-presidency status as a Washington outsider has b [...]
- Michigan and the Civil War : a great and bloody sacrifice / Jack Dempsey.
powered by RSS Just Better 1.3 plugin