- A People's History of the United States : 1492 to Present
- Tinseltown : Murder, Morphine, and Madness at the Dawn of Hollywood
- The Republic of Imagination : America in Three Books
- The Return of George Washington : 1783-1789
- Washington D.C. then & now / Alexander D. Mitchell IV.
- Dreamers and Deceivers : True and Untold Stories of the People Who Made America
- The presidents' war : six American presidents and the Civil War that divided them / Chris DeRose.
Discusses the opposition Abraham Lincoln faced from former Presidents Tyler, Van Buren, Buchanan, Fillmore, and Pierce concerning the Civil War.
- Los Angeles then & now / Rosemary Lord.
- Chronicles of old Chicago : exploring the history and lore of the Windy City / Adam Selzer.
Discover the fascinating history of Chicago--home to Obama, Al Capone and the Chicago Cubs, politicians, mobsters, and more, told through 24 dramatic [...]
- Nixon's secrets / Roger Stone with Mike Colapietro.
Examines the rise and fall of Richard Nixon and argues that John Dean was behind the Watergate break-in and cover-up, that Al Haig was responsible for [...]
- The invisible bridge : the fall of Nixon and the rise of Reagan / Rick Perlstein.
Presents a portrait of the United States during the turbulent political and economic upheavals of the 1970s, covering the transition from Richard Nixo [...]
- Founding myths : stories that hide our patriotic past / Ray Raphael.
Examines thirteen well-known American stories, including those about Paul Revere's legendary ride and Thomas Jefferson's pivotal role in the [...]
- Faithless execution : building the political case for Obama's impeachment / by Andrew C. McCarthy.
The author makes an argument for the impeachment of President Obama for overstepping the bounds of the powers of the President as laid out in the Cons [...]
- Lincoln's gamble : how the Emancipation Proclamation changed the course of the Civil War / Todd Brewster.
An account of the six-month period during which Lincoln wrote the Emancipation Proclamation and changed the course of the Civil War discusses his batt [...]
- Clinton, Inc. : the audacious rebuilding of a political machine / Daniel Halper.
Exhaustively researched and drawn from exclusive documents and detailed interviews, an investigative reporter reveals the strategy the Clintons used a [...]
- Capitol Park : historic heart of Detroit / Jack Dempsey.
- Warren G. Harding and the Marion Daily Star : how newspapering shaped a president / Sheryl Smart Hall.
- America : imagine a world without her / Dinesh D'Souza.
Considers how the world would be different if the United States had never been founded, retelling the story of how the country was born and discussing [...]
- Embattled rebel : Jefferson Davis as commander in chief / James M. McPherson.
- Blood feud : the Clintons vs. the Obamas / Edward Klein.
A behind-the-scenes look at the rivalry between the Obamas and the Clintons reveals the animosity, jealousy, and competition that divides America' [...]
- Liberty's torch : the great adventure to build the Statue of Liberty / Elizabeth Mitchell.
Describes the story of the young French artist and entrepreneur who set off for America after the Franco-Prussian War and how he envisioned, creativel [...]
- American spring : Lexington, Concord, and the road to revolution / Walter R. Borneman.
Examines the first weeks of the American Revolution, from Paul Revere's ride in December 1774 through the shots fired at Lexington Green, and the [...]
- Beyond Pontiac's shadow : Michilimackinac and the Anglo-Indian War of 1763 / Keith R. Widder.
- When Britain burned the White House : the 1814 invasion of Washington / Peter Snow.
- The 40s : the story of a decade / The New Yorker ; edited by Henry Finder with Giles Harvey ; introduction by David Remnick.
A cultural and political history of a watershed decade as reflected in the pages of New Yorker magazine covers such topics as the Nuremberg Trials, th [...]
- West of the Revolution : an uncommon history of 1776 / Claudio Saunt.
Details the other revolutions during 1776, including the reaction of the native residents of San Francisco in the wake of the first European settlemen [...]
- Oddball Michigan : a guide to 450 really strange places / Jerome Pohlen.
"There's more to Michigan than beautiful forests, shuttered factories, and miles and miles of stunning shoreline. Armed with this offbeat tr [...]
- Louisa Catherine : the other Mrs. Adams / Margery M. Heffron ; edited by David L. Michelmore.
Presents the life of the wife of the sixth president, covering her early life abroad, her diplomatic mission in Russia, her role as a famous Washingto [...]
- The great floodgates of the wonderworld : a memoir / Justin Hocking.
The author chronicles his life after moving to New York City where he struggles with anxiety, discovers a surf culture at Rockaway Beach, and deepens [...]
- Photographs. Selections
powered by RSS Just Better 1.3 plugin