- The Founders' Second Amendment : Origins of the Right to Bear Arms
- Shattered consensus : the rise and decline of America's postwar political order / James Piereson.
- The Drummond girls : a story of fierce friendship beyond time and chance / Mardi Jo Link.
"An inspiring and heartfelt memoir about the friendship between eight women forged over two decades. The eight Drummond Girls first met in 1991 a [...]
- The Pentagon's Brain : An Uncensored History of DARPA, America's Top-secret Military Research Agency
- The making of Asian America : a history / Erika Lee.
"The definitive history of Asian Americans by one of the nation's preeminent scholars on the subject. In the past fifty years, Asian America [...]
- The lost world of the Old Ones : discoveries in the ancient Southwest / David Roberts.
"An award-winning author and veteran mountain climber takes us deep into the Southwest backcountry to uncover secrets of its ancient inhabitants. [...]
- The work : searching for a life that matters / Wes Moore.
- Primates of Park Avenue : a memoir / Wednesday Martin, Ph.D.
"Like an urban Dian Fossey, Wednesday Martin decodes the primate social behaviors of Upper East Side mothers in a brilliantly original and witty [...]
- Religion in the Oval Office : the religious lives of American presidents / Gary Scott Smith.
- Spinster : making a life of one's own / Kate Bolick.
"A single woman considers her life, the life of the bold single ladies who have gone before her, and the long arc of slowly changing attitudes to [...]
- Walking Cincinnati : 32 tours exploring historic neighborhoods, stunning riverfront quarters, and hidden treasures in the Queen City / by Danny Korman and Katie Meyer.
"Walking Cincinnati by Danny Korman and Katie Meyer is the first book in decades for local history fanatics and adventurers wanting a more hands- [...]
- Deep South : four seasons on back roads / Paul Theroux.
"One of the most acclaimed travel writers of our time turns his unflinching eye on an American South too often overlooked. Paul Theroux has spent [...]
- Once in a Great City : A Detroit Story
- The residence : inside the private world of the White House / Kate Andersen Brower.
An intimate account of White House life from the perspectives of the service staff from the Kennedys through the Obamas details their friendships, mar [...]
- The Gettysburg Address : perspectives on Lincoln's greatest speech / edited by Sean Conant ; foreword by Harold Holzer.
- Essays. Selections
"What is this strange land in which we live? Still very much in its experimental phase, the United States is a curious place where obesity is a s [...]
- Buckley and Mailer : the difficult friendship that shaped the Sixties / Kevin M. Schultz.
"A lively chronicle of the 1960s through the incredibly contentious and surprisingly close friendship of its two most colorful characters. Norman [...]
- Good grief! : life in a tiny Vermont village / Ellen Stimson.
- Michigan and the Civil War : a great and bloody sacrifice / Jack Dempsey.
powered by RSS Just Better 1.3 plugin