- Miracles and massacres : true and untold stories of the making of America / written & edited by: Glenn Beck with Kevin Balfe and Hannah Beck ; writers: James Best, Jack Henderson, David Pietrusza, Anthony J. Tata, Jason Wright ; contributors, researchers & editors: Keith Malinak, Kevin Smith, Martha Weeks.
Details some of the little-known stories from American history that explain the American identity and where the country is headed in the future.
- The rejected stone : Al Sharpton and the path to American leadership / Reverend Al Sharpton with Nick Chiles.
The author traces his rise from street activist to influential advocate while sharing behind-the-scenes accounts of major events from the past decade [...]
- November 22, 1963 : ordinary and extraordinary people recall their reactions when they heard the news / [compiled by] Jodie Elliott Hansen and [edited by] Laura Hansen.
"An extensive collection of intimate accounts from average citizens and celebrities alike, reflecting on John F. Kennedy's assassination for [...]
- End of days : the assassination of John F. Kennedy / James L. Swanson.
Presents a complete account of the day Kennedy was killed, following the event hour-by-hour, from the Kennedys' arrival in Texas through the shoo [...]
- Badluck Way : a memoir of Montana / Bryce Andrews.
- JFK, conservative / Ira Stoll.
A controversial portrait of the thirty-fifth president explores his less-recognized roles in promoting anti-communism, tax cuts, free trade, and other [...]
- The man who killed Kennedy : the case against LBJ / Roger Stone with Mike Colapietro.
The author reveals why he believes President Johnson used personal contacts from both government and the underworld to plot the assassination of JFK.
- The bully pulpit : Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, and the golden age of journalism / Doris Kearns Goodwin.
Focusing on the broken friendship between Teddy Roosevelt and his chosen successor, William Howard Taft, revisits the Progressive Era during which Roo [...]
- Detroit's Historic Eastern Market
- Moon handbooks. Michigan's Upper Peninsula / Paul Vachon.
- Things that matter : three decades of passions, pastimes, and politics / Charles Krauthammer.
The columnist presents his reflections on everything from embryo research to entitlement reform, from Halley's Comet to border collies, from Chri [...]
- If Kennedy lived : the first and second terms of President John F. Kennedy : an alternate history / Jeff Greenfield.
Shares an assessment of Kennedy's administration as it might have evolved had he not been assassinated, covering such topics as the 1964 campaign [...]
- George Washington's secret six : the spy ring that saved the American Revolution / Brian Kilmeade and Don Yaeger.
Shares the true story of an anonymous group of spies who played important roles in winning the Revolutionary War, documenting how they risked their li [...]
- The Enemies Within : Communists, Socialists and Progressives in the U.s. Congress
- White Girl Bleed a Lot : The Return of Racial Violence to America and How the Media Ignore It
- Book of ages : the life and opinions of Jane Franklin / Jill Lepore.
A portrait of Benjamin Franklin's youngest sister, Jane, reveals how she was, like her brother, a passionate reader, gifted writer, and shrewd po [...]
- The message : the reselling of President Obama / Richard Wolffe.
Examines the difficulties faced by Barack Obama's campaign runners during the 2012 election and how they put aside differences in order to contro [...]
- Tip and the Gipper : when politics worked / Chris Matthews.
Drawing on extensive interviews with those closest to his subjects as well as his own experiences, the anchor of MSNBC's "Hardball" tel [...]
- Lincoln's boys : John Hay, John Nicolay, and the war for Lincoln's image / Joshua Zeitz.
- Inside the Dream Palace : The Life and Times of New York's Legendary Chelsea Hotel
- Heart soul Detroit : conversations on the Motor City / photographs byJenny Risher ; edited by Matt Lee.
- The third coast : when Chicago built the American dream / Thomas Dyja.
powered by RSS Just Better 1.3 plugin