- Destiny and power : the American odyssey of George Herbert Walker Bush / Jon Meacham.
"Advance praise for Destiny and Power: 'Altogether fair, insightful. A portrait made especially compelling by the author's remarkable a [...]
- Liberty's secret : the lost wisdom of America's founders / Joshua Charles.
"Liberty's Secrets exposes readers to the Founding Fathers as never before. Charles has cataloged all of the Founding Father's writings [...]
- The Clinton's war on women / Roger Stone and Robert Morrow.
A former Republican operative explores the political pasts of former President Bill Clinton and former First Lady and Democratic presidental candidate [...]
- Works. Selections. 2015
"Peggy Noonan is one of the most brilliant and influential political thinkers and writers of our time. The author of five bestselling books (What [...]
- Dispatches from Pluto : lost and found in the Mississippi Delta / Richard Grant.
- The last of the president's men / Bob Woodward.
Woodward reveals the story of Alexander Butterfield, the Nixon aide who disclosed the secret White House taping system that changed history and led to [...]
- How the world moves : the odyssey of an American Indian family / Peter Nabokov.
"A portrait of cultural transition and assimilation via the saga of one Acoma Pueblo Indian family. Born in 1861 in New Mexico's Acoma Puebl [...]
- Washington : a history of our national city / Tom Lewis.
- The age of Clinton : America in the 1990s / Gil Troy.
- Fun city : John Lindsay, Joe Namath, and how sports saved New York in the 1960s / Sean Deveney.
- Once in a great city : a Detroit story / David Maraniss.
"As David Maraniss captures it with power and affection, Detroit summed up America's path to music and prosperity that was already past hist [...]
- Fracture : Barack Obama, the Clintons, and the racial divide / Joy-Ann Reid.
"MSNBC host Joy Reid examines the Obama and Clinton wings of the Democratic Party as they prepare for battle in 2016"-- Provided by publishe [...]
- Humans of New York : stories / Brandon Stanton.
"In the summer of 2010, photographer Brandon Stanton began an ambitious project--to single-handedly create a photographic census of New York City [...]
- The Catskills : its history and how it changed America / Stephen M. Silverman and Raphael D. Silver.
- Katrina : after the flood / Gary Rivlin.
An investigative journalist revisits Hurricane Katrina's immediate damage, the city of New Orleans' efforts to rebuild itself, and the storm [...]
- Nixon's gamble : how a president's own secret government destroyed his administration / Ray Locker.
"After taking the Oath of Office, Richard Nixon announced that 'government will listen... Those who have been left out, we will try to bring [...]
- Southern Living 50 years : a celebration of people, places, and culture / introdution by Sid Evans ; by the editors of Southern Living with Valerie Fraser Luesse.
"For the last 50 years, Southern Living magazine has reported on and photographed what makes the South so very unique and how it has evolved; it& [...]
- Deep South : four seasons on back roads / Paul Theroux.
"One of the most acclaimed travel writers of our time turns his unflinching eye on an American South too often overlooked. Paul Theroux has spent [...]
- Michigan and the Civil War : a great and bloody sacrifice / Jack Dempsey.
powered by RSS Just Better 1.4 plugin