- Cherry blossoms : the official book of the National Cherry Blossom Festival / Ann McClellan ; photographs by Ron Blunt.
This book is a stunningly beautiful record of the nation's biggest springtime festival. As the 100th anniversary of the National Cherry Blossom F [...]
- Photographs. Selections
- A field guide to Gettysburg : experiencing the battlefield through its history, places, & people / Carol Reardon & Tom Vossler.
Presents a guide to the Gettysburg battlefield with comprehensive maps and descriptions of the action, narratives about key figures and events, and a [...]
- The scorpion's sting : antislavery and the coming of the Civil War / James Oakes.
Explores the Civil War and the anti-slavery movement, specifically highlighting the plan to help abolish slavery by surrounding the slave states with [...]
- Clouds of Glory : The Life and Legend of Robert E. Lee
- Detroit resurgent / photographs by Gilles Perrin ; interviews by Nicole Ewenczyk ; edited by Howard Bossen and John P. Beck.
- The Origins of the Urban Crisis : Race and Inequality in Postwar Detroit
- Bury my heart at Wounded Knee : an Indian history of the American West / Dee Brown.
Documents and personal narratives record the experiences of Native Americans during the nineteenth century.
- Humans of New York / Brandon Stanton.
"Based on the blog with more than a million loyal fans, a beautiful, heartfelt, funny, and inspiring collection of photographs capturing the spir [...]
- Pat and Dick : the Nixons, an intimate portrait of a marriage / Will Swift.
A study of the partnership between the thirty-seventh President and his wife argues that the couple endured political and intimate disappointments dur [...]
- Chronicles of Old Chicago : Exploring the History and Lore of the Windy City
- Miracles and massacres : true and untold stories of the making of America / written & edited by: Glenn Beck with Kevin Balfe and Hannah Beck ; writers: James Best, Jack Henderson, David Pietrusza, Anthony J. Tata, Jason Wright ; contributors, researchers & editors: Keith Malinak, Kevin Smith, Martha Weeks.
Details some of the little-known stories from American history that explain the American identity and where the country is headed in the future.
- Heart soul Detroit : conversations on the Motor City / photographs byJenny Risher ; edited by Matt Lee.
- Team of rivals : the political genius of Abraham Lincoln / Doris Kearns Goodwin.
An analysis of Abraham Lincoln's political talents identifies the character strengths and abilities that enabled his successful election, in an a [...]
powered by RSS Just Better 1.3 plugin