- The wild truth / The Untold Story of Sibling Survival Carine McCandless.
"The spellbinding story of Chris McCandless, who gave away his savings, hitchhiked to Alaska, walked into the wilderness alone, and starved to de [...]
- Good grief! : life in a tiny Vermont village / Ellen Stimson.
- A People's History of the United States : 1492 to Present
- Tinseltown : Murder, Morphine, and Madness at the Dawn of Hollywood
- The Republic of Imagination : America in Three Books
- The Return of George Washington : 1783-1789
- Dreamers and Deceivers : True and Untold Stories of the People Who Made America
- The presidents' war : six American presidents and the Civil War that divided them / Chris DeRose.
Discusses the opposition Abraham Lincoln faced from former Presidents Tyler, Van Buren, Buchanan, Fillmore, and Pierce concerning the Civil War.
- Los Angeles then & now / Rosemary Lord.
- Nixon's secrets / Roger Stone with Mike Colapietro.
Examines the rise and fall of Richard Nixon and argues that John Dean was behind the Watergate break-in and cover-up, that Al Haig was responsible for [...]
- The invisible bridge : the fall of Nixon and the rise of Reagan / Rick Perlstein.
Presents a portrait of the United States during the turbulent political and economic upheavals of the 1970s, covering the transition from Richard Nixo [...]
- Founding myths : stories that hide our patriotic past / Ray Raphael.
Examines thirteen well-known American stories, including those about Paul Revere's legendary ride and Thomas Jefferson's pivotal role in the [...]
- Faithless execution : building the political case for Obama's impeachment / by Andrew C. McCarthy.
The author makes an argument for the impeachment of President Obama for overstepping the bounds of the powers of the President as laid out in the Cons [...]
- Lincoln's gamble : how the Emancipation Proclamation changed the course of the Civil War / Todd Brewster.
An account of the six-month period during which Lincoln wrote the Emancipation Proclamation and changed the course of the Civil War discusses his batt [...]
- Clinton, Inc. : the audacious rebuilding of a political machine / Daniel Halper.
Exhaustively researched and drawn from exclusive documents and detailed interviews, an investigative reporter reveals the strategy the Clintons used a [...]
- Capitol Park : historic heart of Detroit / Jack Dempsey.
- Warren G. Harding and the Marion Daily Star : how newspapering shaped a president / Sheryl Smart Hall.
- America : imagine a world without her / Dinesh D'Souza.
Considers how the world would be different if the United States had never been founded, retelling the story of how the country was born and discussing [...]
- Embattled rebel : Jefferson Davis as commander in chief / James M. McPherson.
- Blood feud : the Clintons vs. the Obamas / Edward Klein.
A behind-the-scenes look at the rivalry between the Obamas and the Clintons reveals the animosity, jealousy, and competition that divides America' [...]
- Liberty's torch : the great adventure to build the Statue of Liberty / Elizabeth Mitchell.
Describes the story of the young French artist and entrepreneur who set off for America after the Franco-Prussian War and how he envisioned, creativel [...]
- When Britain burned the White House : the 1814 invasion of Washington / Peter Snow.
- West of the Revolution : an uncommon history of 1776 / Claudio Saunt.
Details the other revolutions during 1776, including the reaction of the native residents of San Francisco in the wake of the first European settlemen [...]
- Miracles and massacres : true and untold stories of the making of America / written & edited by: Glenn Beck with Kevin Balfe and Hannah Beck ; writers: James Best, Jack Henderson, David Pietrusza, Anthony J. Tata, Jason Wright ; contributors, researchers & editors: Keith Malinak, Kevin Smith, Martha Weeks.
Details some of the little-known stories from American history that explain the American identity and where the country is headed in the future.
- Heart soul Detroit : conversations on the Motor City / photographs byJenny Risher ; edited by Matt Lee.
powered by RSS Just Better 1.3 plugin