- Faithless execution : building the political case for Obama's impeachment / by Andrew C. McCarthy.
The author makes an argument for the impeachment of President Obama for overstepping the bounds of the powers of the President as laid out in the Cons [...]
- Lincoln's Gamble : The Tumultuous Six Months That Gave America the Emancipation Proclamation and Changed the Course of the Civil War
- Clinton, Inc. : the audacious rebuilding of a political machine / Daniel Halper.
Exhaustively researched and drawn from exclusive documents and detailed interviews, an investigative reporter reveals the strategy the Clintons used a [...]
- Capitol Park : historic heart of Detroit / Jack Dempsey.
- Warren G. Harding and the Marion Daily Star : how newspapering shaped a president / Sheryl Smart Hall.
- America : imagine a world without her / Dinesh D'Souza.
Considers how the world would be different if the United States had never been founded, retelling the story of how the country was born and discussing [...]
- Embattled rebel : Jefferson Davis as commander in chief / James M. McPherson.
- Blood feud : the Clintons vs. the Obamas / Edward Klein.
A behind-the scenes look at the rivalry between the Obamas and the Clintons reveals the animosity, jealousy, and competition that divides America' [...]
- Liberty's torch : the great adventure to build the Statue of Liberty / Elizabeth Mitchell.
Describes the story of the young French artist and entrepreneur who set off for America after the Franco-Prussian War and how he envisioned, creativel [...]
- Winners & Losers : Battles, Retreats, Gains, Losses, and Ruins from the Vietnam War
- Founding Myths : Stories That Hide Our Patriotic Past
- American spring : Lexington, Concord, and the road to revolution / Walter R. Borneman.
Examines the first weeks of the American Revolution, from Paul Revere's ride in December 1774 through the shots fired at Lexington Green, and the [...]
- Beyond Pontiac's shadow : Michilimackinac and the Anglo-Indian War of 1763 / Keith R. Widder.
- When Britain burned the White House : the 1814 invasion of Washington / Peter Snow.
- The 40s : the story of a decade / The New Yorker ; edited by Henry Finder with Giles Harvey ; introduction by David Remnick.
A cultural and political history of a watershed decade as reflected in the pages of New Yorker magazine covers such topics as the Nuremberg Trials, th [...]
- West of the Revolution : an uncommon history of 1776 / Claudio Saunt.
Details the other revolutions during 1776, including the reaction of the native residents of San Francisco in the wake of the first European settlemen [...]
- Oddball Michigan : a guide to 450 really strange places / Jerome Pohlen.
"There's more to Michigan than beautiful forests, shuttered factories, and miles and miles of stunning shoreline. Armed with this offbeat tr [...]
- Louisa Catherine : the other Mrs. Adams / Margery M. Heffron ; edited by David L. Michelmore.
Presents the life of the wife of the sixth president, covering her early life abroad, her diplomatic mission in Russia, her role as a famous Washingto [...]
- The great floodgates of the wonderworld : a memoir / Justin Hocking.
The author chronicles his life after moving to New York City where he struggles with anxiety, discovers a surf culture at Rockaway Beach, and deepens [...]
- Photographs. Selections
- A field guide to Gettysburg : experiencing the battlefield through its history, places, & people / Carol Reardon & Tom Vossler.
Presents a guide to the Gettysburg battlefield with comprehensive maps and descriptions of the action, narratives about key figures and events, and a [...]
- The scorpion's sting : antislavery and the coming of the Civil War / James Oakes.
Explores the Civil War and the anti-slavery movement, specifically highlighting the plan to help abolish slavery by surrounding the slave states with [...]
- On the High Line / by Annik La Farge ; preface, additional text, and photographs, Rick Darke ; principal photography, Scott Mlyn, Juan Valentin.
A guide to the elevated park that has transformed an entire neighborhood of New York City provides information on its history, views from the park, an [...]
- Detroit resurgent / photographs by Gilles Perrin ; interviews by Nicole Ewenczyk ; edited by Howard Bossen and John P. Beck.
- Chronicles of Old Chicago : Exploring the History and Lore of the Windy City
- Miracles and massacres : true and untold stories of the making of America / written & edited by: Glenn Beck with Kevin Balfe and Hannah Beck ; writers: James Best, Jack Henderson, David Pietrusza, Anthony J. Tata, Jason Wright ; contributors, researchers & editors: Keith Malinak, Kevin Smith, Martha Weeks.
Details some of the little-known stories from American history that explain the American identity and where the country is headed in the future.
- Heart soul Detroit : conversations on the Motor City / photographs byJenny Risher ; edited by Matt Lee.
powered by RSS Just Better 1.3 plugin