- Vendetta : Bobby Kennedy Versus Jimmy Hoffa
- Dark Places of the Earth : The Voyage of the Slave Ship Antelope
- The Photographer and the President : Abraham Lincoln, Alexander Gardner, and the Images That Made a Presidency
- Primates of Park Avenue : a memoir / Wednesday Martin, Ph.D.
"Like an urban Dian Fossey, Wednesday Martin decodes the primate social behaviors of Upper East Side mothers in a brilliantly original and witty [...]
- Religion in the Oval Office : the religious lives of American presidents / Gary Scott Smith.
- Spinster : making a life of one's own / Kate Bolick.
"A single woman considers her life, the life of the bold single ladies who have gone before her, and the long arc of slowly changing attitudes to [...]
- Walking Cincinnati : 32 tours exploring historic neighborhoods, stunning riverfront quarters, and hidden treasures in the Queen City / by Danny Korman and Katie Meyer.
"Walking Cincinnati by Danny Korman and Katie Meyer is the first book in decades for local history fanatics and adventurers wanting a more hands- [...]
- Deep South : four seasons on back roads / Paul Theroux.
"One of the most acclaimed travel writers of our time turns his unflinching eye on an American South too often overlooked. Paul Theroux has spent [...]
- Once in a Great City : A Detroit Story
- The residence : inside the private world of the White House / Kate Andersen Brower.
An intimate account of White House life from the perspectives of the service staff from the Kennedys through the Obamas details their friendships, mar [...]
- The Gettysburg Address : Perspectives on Lincoln's Greatest Speech / edited by Sean Conant ; foreword by Harold Holzer.
- Essays. Selections
"What is this strange land in which we live? Still very much in its experimental phase, the United States is a curious place where obesity is a s [...]
- Buckley and Mailer : the difficult friendship that shaped the Sixties / Kevin M. Schultz.
"A lively chronicle of the 1960s through the incredibly contentious and surprisingly close friendship of its two most colorful characters. Norman [...]
- Good grief! : life in a tiny Vermont village / Ellen Stimson.
- A People's History of the United States : 1492 to Present
- Los Angeles then & now / Rosemary Lord.
- Miracles and massacres : true and untold stories of the making of America / written & edited by: Glenn Beck with Kevin Balfe and Hannah Beck ; writers: James Best, Jack Henderson, David Pietrusza, Anthony J. Tata, Jason Wright ; contributors, researchers & editors: Keith Malinak, Kevin Smith, Martha Weeks.
Details some of the little-known stories from American history that explain the American identity and where the country is headed in the future.
- Michigan and the Civil War : a great and bloody sacrifice / Jack Dempsey.
powered by RSS Just Better 1.3 plugin