- Legendary Locals of Grosse Pointe/ Ann Marie Aliotta and Suzy Berschback.
- Pat and Dick : the Nixons, an intimate portrait of a marriage / Will Swift.
A study of the partnership between the thirty-seventh President and his wife argues that the couple endured political and intimate disappointments dur [...]
- Chronicles of Old Chicago : Exploring the History and Lore of the Windy City
- Unintimidated : a governor's story and a nation's challenge / Scott Walker with Marc Thiessen.
"A controversial governor recounts his fight to reform his state and issues a call to action for the whole country. In 2010, Scott Walker was ele [...]
- Miracles and massacres : true and untold stories of the making of America / written & edited by: Glenn Beck with Kevin Balfe and Hannah Beck ; writers: James Best, Jack Henderson, David Pietrusza, Anthony J. Tata, Jason Wright ; contributors, researchers & editors: Keith Malinak, Kevin Smith, Martha Weeks.
Details some of the little-known stories from American history that explain the American identity and where the country is headed in the future.
- Badluck Way : a year on the ragged edge of the West / Bryce Andrews.
- George Washington's secret six : the spy ring that saved the American Revolution / Brian Kilmeade and Don Yaeger.
Shares the true story of an anonymous group of spies who played important roles in winning the Revolutionary War, documenting how they risked their li [...]
- Smithsonian Civil War : Inside the National Collection / Edited by Neil Kagan ; Smithsonian Editorial Committee: James G. Barber, Sarah Campbell, Tom Crouch, Michelle Delaney, Rex M. Ellis, Paul Gardullo, Frank H. Goodyear III, Eleanor Jones Harvey, Pamela M. Henson, Jennifer L. Jones, Ryan Lintelman, William S. Pretzer, Harry R. Rubenstein ; Foreword by Jon Meacham ; Introduction by Michelle Delaney ; Principle photography by Hugh Talman.
Showcases over five hundred hand-picked representative artifacts from the Smithsonian's Civil War collections and is complemented by a panoramic [...]
- Lincoln's boys : John Hay, John Nicolay, and the war for Lincoln's image / Joshua Zeitz.
- Heart soul Detroit : conversations on the Motor City / photographs byJenny Risher ; edited by Matt Lee.
- Team of rivals : the political genius of Abraham Lincoln / Doris Kearns Goodwin.
An analysis of Abraham Lincoln's political talents identifies the character strengths and abilities that enabled his successful election, in an a [...]
powered by RSS Just Better 1.3 plugin