- American cocktail : a "colored girl" in the world / Anita Reynolds with Howard M. Miller ; edited and with introduction and notes by George Hutchinson ; foreword by Patricia Williams.
- The boy kings of Texas : a memoir / Domingo Martinez.
"Domingo Martinez lays bare his interior and exterior worlds as he struggles to make sense of the violent and the ugly, along with the beautiful [...]
- Flappers : six women of a dangerous generation / Judith Mackrell.
Presents a revisionist assessment of the movement that shattered the boundaries of conventional femininity through the lives of six figures that exemp [...]
- Wondrous beauty : the life and adventures of Elizabeth Patterson Bonaparte / Carol Berkin.
Traces the experiences of Napoleon's brother's wife, whose passionate nature so infuriated the emperor that she was barred from Europe and a [...]
- The little girl who fought the Great Depression : Shirley Temple and 1930s America / John F. Kasson.
- Joe and Marilyn / by C. David Heymann.
Traces the passionate and sometimes volatile relationship between Joe DiMaggio and Marilyn Monroe, covering their sensational 1954 elopement and the t [...]
- The splendid things we planned : a family portrait / Blake Bailey.
Presents a darkly humorous account of growing up in a prosperous, eccentric family with an older brother whose erratic and increasingly dangerous beha [...]
- The fixer : the notorious life of a front-page bail bondsman / Ira Judelson with Daniel Paisner.
- Cut me loose : sin and salvation after my ultra-Orthodox girlhood / Leah Vincent.
Recounts the author's experiences after her fundamentalist Jewish family cut her off at the age of sixteen for exchanging letters with a male fri [...]
- One way out : the inside history of the Allman Brothers Band / Alan Paul.
A portrait of the legendary American rock-and-roll band draws on exclusive interviews to track their career from 1969 to the present and is complement [...]
- Out of the woods : a memoir of wayfinding / Lynn Darling.
"Combining the soul-baring insight of Wild, the profound wisdom of Shop Class as Soulcraft, and the adventurous spirit of Eat, Pray, Love, Lynn D [...]
- Romance is my day job : a memoir of finding love at last / Patience Bloom.
"Who knows the ins and outs of romance better than a Harlequin editor? A surprising and exhilarating look into Patience Bloom's unexpected r [...]
- It's all about the guest : exceeding expectations in business and in life, the Davio's way / Steve DiFillippo.
"When's the last time you picked up a business book that was so engaging you couldn't put it down? Steve Difillippo was only 24 when he [...]
- Jackie and Campy : the untold story of their rocky relationship and the breaking of baseball's color line / William C. Kashatus.
- Stranger in my own country : a Jewish family in modern Germany / Yascha Mounk.
"A young man's story of growing up Jewish in Germany, navigating the fraught cycle of mistrust, guilt, and resentment that troubles a countr [...]
- Pat and Dick : the Nixons, an intimate portrait of a marriage / Will Swift.
A study of the partnership between the thirty-seventh President and his wife argues that the couple endured political and intimate disappointments dur [...]
- I can see clearly now / Dr. Wayne W. Dyer.
"For many years, Dr. Wayne W. Dyer's fans have wondered when he would write a memoir. Well, after four decades as a teacher of self-empowerm [...]
- Call me Burroughs : a life / Barry Miles.
"Fifty years ago, Norman Mailer asserted, "William Burroughs is the only American novelist living today who may conceivably be possessed by [...]
- American saint : the life of Elizabeth Seton / Joan Barthel.
"In this riveting biography of Elizabeth Seton critically acclaimed and bestselling author Joan Barthel tells the mesmerizing story of a woman wh [...]
- Pete Rose : an American dilemma / Kostya Kennedy.
Examines the life of polarizing sports legend Pete Rose, from his record-setting career to being banished from the game for being an unrepentant gambl [...]
- Hyperbole and a half : unfortunate situations, flawed coping mechanisms, mayhem, and other things that happened / Allie Brosh.
Collects autobiographical, illustrated essays and cartoons from the author's popular blog and related new material that humorously and candidly d [...]
- The Late Starters Orchestra / Ari L. Goldman.
- Under magnolia : a Southern memoir / Frances Mayes.
"A lyrical and evocative memoir from Frances Mayes, the Bard of Tuscany, about coming of age in the Deep South and the region's powerful inf [...]
- The secret rooms : a true story of a haunted castle, a plotting duchess, and a family secret / Catherine Bailey.
For fans of Downton Abbey: the enthralling true story of family secrets and aristocratic intrigue in the days before WWI. After the Ninth Duke of Rutl [...]
- Dancing fish and ammonites : a memoir / Penelope Lively.
"The beloved and bestselling author takes an intimate look back at a life of reading and writing. "The memory that we live with is the moth- [...]
- Duty : memoirs of a Secretary at war / Robert M. Gates.
The former Secretary of Defense offers a candid account of serving Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama during the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Burqas, baseball, and apple pie : being Muslim in America / Ranya Tabari Idliby.
"For many Americans, the words 'American' and 'Muslim' simply do not marry well; for many the combination is an anathema, a c [...]
- Company man : thirty years of controversy and crisis in the CIA / John Rizzo.
A chief legal officer with the CIA who helped create and implement counterterrorist operations after September 11 draws on previously undisclosed stor [...]
- HRC : state secrets and the rebirth of Hillary Clinton / Jonathan Allen, Amie Parnes.
"An examination of the strategy behind Hillary Clinton's political revitalization and her comeback in the US and abroad"-- Provided by [...]
- Jony Ive : the genius behind Apple's greatest products / Leander Kahney.
"The bestselling author of Inside Steve's Brain profiles Apple's legendary chief designer, Jonathan Ive. Jony Ive's designs have n [...]
powered by RSS Just Better 1.3 plugin