- Deep thoughts from a Hollywood blonde / Jennie Garth with Emily Heckman.
"For the first time ever, Jennie Garth is putting it all out there, sharing her joys and her sorrows, her successes and her failures, with candor [...]
- How to fight presidents : defending yourself against the badasses who ran this country / Daniel O'Brien ; illustrated by Winston Rowntree.
"Make no mistake: Our founding fathers were more bandanas-and-muscles than powdered-wigs-and-tea. As a prisoner of war, Andrew Jackson walked sev [...]
- They called me god : the best umpire who ever lived / Doug Harvey and Peter Golenbock.
"The incredible memoir from the man voted one of the "Best Umpires of All Time" by the Society of American Baseball Research--filled wi [...]
- Why soccer matters / Pelé ; with Brian Winter.
" Soccer. Football. The beautiful game. The world's most popular sport goes by many names, but for decades, fans have agreed on one thing: t [...]
- The fight of their lives : how Juan Marichal and John Roseboro turned baseball's ugliest brawl into a story of forgiveness and redemption / John Rosengren.
Examines the pivotal fight between Juan Marichal and John Roseboro in August 1965, exploring the mindsets of each player before, during, and after the [...]
- Please be with me : a song for my father, Duane Allman / Galadrielle Allman.
The daughter of Duane Allman, the founder of the Allman Brothers Band, describes how after losing her father at the age of two she struggled to learn [...]
- Bigger than the game : restitching a major league life / Dirk Hayhurst.
The former major league pitcher discusses the devastating injury that derailed his baseball career and changed the way he looks at life.
- Jesus : a pilgrimage / James Martin, SJ.
"James Martin, SJ, gifted storyteller, editor at large of America magazine, popular media commentator, and New York Times bestselling author of T [...]
- How about never--is never good for you? : my life in cartoons / Bob Mankoff.
"The New Yorker has published over 75,000 cartoons since its founding, and 95% of them were done by only a few hundred cartoonists. For decades n [...]
- The last pirate : a father, his son, and the golden age of marijuana / Tony Dokoupil.
The author traces his father's rise and fall as a multi-ton marijuana smuggler against the backdrop of Reagan politics and the heated debates tha [...]
- Crazy town : the Rob Ford story / Robyn Doolittle.
Chronicles the life and political career of the controversial Toronto mayor, from his early days as a flamboyant city councillor to a mayor embroiled [...]
- The agent : my 40-year career making deals and changing the game / Leigh Steinberg with Michael Arkush.
"Leigh Steinberg is renowned as one of the greatest sports agents in history, representing such All-Pro clients as Troy Aikman, Bruce Smith, and [...]
- Shining star : braving the elements of Earth, Wind & Fire / Philip J. Bailey with Keith Zimmerman and Kent Zimmerman.
A personal account by the lead singer of Earth, Wind & Fire traces his professional and spiritual journey against a backdrop of the group's m [...]
- Lucian Freud : eyes wide open / Phoebe Hoban.
- Living with a wild God : a memoir / Barbara Ehrenreich.
"In middle age, Ehrenreich came across the journal she had kept during her tumultuous adolescence and set out to reconstruct that quest, which ha [...]
- Let's just say it wasn't pretty / Diane Keaton.
The film star describes the ups and downs of living in a beauty-obsessed world, recounting stories about a makeup artist's embarrassing advice, h [...]
- The big tiny : a built-it-myself memoir / Dee Williams.
"A personal memoir about downsizing and the author's experience building her own home and living the minimalist lifestyle"-- Provided b [...]
- Simply rich: life and lessons from the cofounder of Amway : a memoir / Rich deVos.
- Code name: Johnny Walker : the extraordinary story of the Iraqi who risked everything to fight with the U.S. Navy SEALs / Johnny Walker with Jim DeFelice.
An Iraqi translator code-named "Johnny Walker" relates how he risked his life working with the Navy SEALs to save countless American lives, [...]
- Ich nicht. English
The historian shares the story of his childhood and youth during which he experienced World War II in a German household opposed to the Nazis and was [...]
- American cocktail : a "colored girl" in the world / Anita Reynolds with Howard M. Miller ; edited and with introduction and notes by George Hutchinson ; foreword by Patricia Williams.
- The boy kings of Texas : a memoir / Domingo Martinez.
"Domingo Martinez lays bare his interior and exterior worlds as he struggles to make sense of the violent and the ugly, along with the beautiful [...]
- Flappers : six women of a dangerous generation / Judith Mackrell.
Presents a revisionist assessment of the movement that shattered the boundaries of conventional femininity through the lives of six figures that exemp [...]
- Wondrous beauty : the life and adventures of Elizabeth Patterson Bonaparte / Carol Berkin.
Traces the experiences of Napoleon's brother's wife, whose passionate nature so infuriated the emperor that she was barred from Europe and a [...]
- The little girl who fought the Great Depression : Shirley Temple and 1930s America / John F. Kasson.
- Joe and Marilyn / by C. David Heymann.
Traces the passionate and sometimes volatile relationship between Joe DiMaggio and Marilyn Monroe, covering their sensational 1954 elopement and the t [...]
- The splendid things we planned : a family portrait / Blake Bailey.
Presents a darkly humorous account of growing up in a prosperous, eccentric family with an older brother whose erratic and increasingly dangerous beha [...]
- The fixer : the notorious life of a front-page bail bondsman / Ira Judelson with Daniel Paisner.
- Cut me loose : sin and salvation after my ultra-Orthodox girlhood / Leah Vincent.
Recounts the author's experiences after her fundamentalist Jewish family cut her off at the age of sixteen for exchanging letters with a male fri [...]
- One way out : the inside history of the Allman Brothers Band / Alan Paul.
A portrait of the legendary American rock-and-roll band draws on exclusive interviews to track their career from 1969 to the present and is complement [...]
powered by RSS Just Better 1.3 plugin