- The Reaper : autobiography of one of the deadliest special ops snipers / Nicholas Irving with Gary Brozek.
A memoir by a Special Operations Direct Action Sniper traces his extraordinary career during the War on Terror, which was marked by his record-setting [...]
- Shell shocked : my life with the Turtles, Flo & Eddie, and Frank Zappa, etc. ... / Howard Kaylan with Jeff Tamarkin.
The singer of the Turtles' iconic 1967 song "Happy Together" recounts his life as a player in the rock and roll revolution, chronicling [...]
- No simple highway : a cultural history of the Grateful Dead / Peter Richardson.
"For almost three decades, the Grateful Dead was America's most popular touring band. No Simple Highway is the first book to ask the simple [...]
- The living years : the first Genesis memoir / Mike Rutherford.
- One more step : my story of living with cerebral palsy, climbing Kilimanjaro, and surviving the hardest race on earth / Bonner Paddock.
- Sympathy for the devil : four decades of friendship with Gore Vidal / Michael Mewshaw.
"A generous, entertaining, intimate look at Gore Vidal, a man who prided himself on being difficult to know Detached and ironic; a master of the [...]
- The mad boy, Lord Berners, my grandmother and me / An Aristocratic Family, a High-society Scandal and an Extraordinary Legacy Sofka Zinovieff.
- The work : the search for a life that matters / Wes Moore.
"Wes Moore's remarkable bestseller The Other Wes Moore ends when Wes completes his journey from a fatherless delinquent to college graduate [...]
- Call me Debbie : true confessions of a down-to-earth diva / Deborah Voigt with Natasha Stoynoff.
An internationally beloved opera star recounts her private battles to overcome alcoholism and self-destructive tendencies, offers insights into the ro [...]
- Irritable hearts : a PTSD love story / Mac McClelland.
"In 2010, human rights reporter Mac McClelland left Haiti after covering the devastation of the earthquake. Back home, she finds herself imaginin [...]
- The reluctant psychic : a memoir / Suzan Victoria Saxman, with Perdita Finn.
A woman who saw ghosts and spirits all around from an early age discusses growing up in a dysfunctional family in 1960s Staten Island and how she quie [...]
- The match girl and the heiress / Seth Koven.
"Nellie Dowell was a match-factory girl in Victorian London who spent her early years consigned to orphanages and hospitals. Muriel Lester, the d [...]
- The art of asking, or, how I learned to stop worrying and let people help / Amanda Palmer ; foreword by Brené Brown.
The lead singer of The Dresden Dolls reveals how she has used the power of social networking to meet basic survival needs, make friends, and strengthe [...]
- Empire of deception / by Dean Jobb.
"It was a time of unregulated madness. And nowhere was it madder than in Chicago at the dawn of the Roaring Twenties. Speakeasies thrived, gang w [...]
- Dear father : breaking the cycle of pain / J. Ivy.
"Grammy Award-winning artist and poet J. Ivy bares his soul in this inspirational memoir of pain transformed into healing and empowerment. Known [...]
- The Life of Saul Bellow : to fame and fortune, 1915-1964 / by Zachary Leader.
"Based on much heretofore unavailable archival material and access to close relations, and extraordinary for the diligence of its scholarship, th [...]
- You can't make this up : miracles, memories, and the perfect marriage of sports and television / Al Michaels, with L. Jon Wertheim.
The respected sports broadcaster interweaves the story of his life and career with tales of major events and engaging figures in modern sports, from t [...]
- Where a man stands : two different worlds, an impossible situation, and the unexpected friendship that changed everything / Carter Paysinger and Steven Fenton.
Traces the experiences of a disadvantaged black youth who after receiving an education at Beverly Hills High became one of its teachers, eventually pa [...]
- Thirteen soldiers : a personal history of Americans at war / John McCain and Mark Salter.
Presents an evocative history of Americans at war through the personal accounts of thirteen remarkable soldiers who fought in major military conflicts [...]
- The annotated mixtape / Joshua Harmon.
"Most of the time," Theodor Adorno has noted, "records are virtual photographs of their owners." The Annotated Mixtape, a memoir o [...]
- Russian tattoo : a memoir / Elena Gorokhova.
"An exquisite portrait of mothers and daughters that reaches from Cold War Russia to modern-day New Jersey, from the author of A Mountain of Crum [...]
- Punk rock blitzkrieg / Marky Ramone with Richard Herschlag.
"The inside story behind one of the most revered bands in music history during the early days of punk rock in New York, from legendary drummer Ma [...]
- Mark Twain's America : a celebration in words and images / Harry L. Katz and the Library of Congress.
An illustrated tribute to Mark Twain's life and work, covering the years between 1850 and 1910, presents insight into the author's many role [...]
- Doing life with Mandela
A tribute to the late world leader by a prison guard assigned to his maximum-security wing describes their friendship and the author's witness to [...]
- Harry Harrison! Harry Harrison! : it seemed like a good idea at the time / Harry Harrison.
"Recollections of one of the grand masters of science fiction, on his storied career as a celebrated author and on his relationships with other l [...]
- "Literchoor is my beat" : a life of James Laughlin, publisher of New Directions / Ian S. MacNiven.
"A biography--thoughtful and playful--of the man who founded New Directions and transformed American publishing James Laughlin--a poet, publisher [...]
- Alan Turing : the enigma / Andrew Hodges ; foreword by Douglas Hofstadter.
Explores the life of the mathematician, reveals the character of the man behind such concepts as the universal machine and the scientific understandin [...]
- Publishing : a writer's memoir / Gail Godwin ; illustrations by Frances Halsband.
"Publishing is a personal story of a writer's hunger to be published, the pursuit of that goal, and then the long haul--for Gail Godwin, for [...]
- Correspondence. Selections
- So anyway... / John Cleese.
A memoir by the legendary Monty Python comic traces his ascent in the entertainment world, from his humble origins and early collaborations with Graha [...]
powered by RSS Just Better 1.3 plugin