- Dear father : breaking the cycle of pain / J. Ivy.
"Grammy Award-winning artist and poet J. Ivy bares his soul in this inspirational memoir of pain transformed into healing and empowerment. Known [...]
- The Life of Saul Bellow : to fame and fortune, 1915-1964 / by Zachary Leader.
"Based on much heretofore unavailable archival material and access to close relations, and extraordinary for the diligence of its scholarship, th [...]
- You can't make this up : miracles, memories, and the perfect marriage of sports and television / Al Michaels, with L. Jon Wertheim.
The respected sports broadcaster interweaves the story of his life and career with tales of major events and engaging figures in modern sports, from t [...]
- Where a man stands : two different worlds, an impossible situation, and the unexpected friendship that changed everything / Carter Paysinger and Steven Fenton.
Traces the experiences of a disadvantaged black youth who after receiving an education at Beverly Hills High became one of its teachers, eventually pa [...]
- Thirteen soldiers : a personal history of Americans at war / John McCain and Mark Salter.
Presents an evocative history of Americans at war through the personal accounts of thirteen remarkable soldiers who fought in major military conflicts [...]
- The annotated mixtape / Joshua Harmon.
"Most of the time," Theodor Adorno has noted, "records are virtual photographs of their owners." The Annotated Mixtape, a memoir o [...]
- Russian tattoo : a memoir / Elena Gorokhova.
"An exquisite portrait of mothers and daughters that reaches from Cold War Russia to modern-day New Jersey, from the author of A Mountain of Crum [...]
- Punk rock blitzkrieg / Marky Ramone with Richard Herschlag.
"The inside story behind one of the most revered bands in music history during the early days of punk rock in New York, from legendary drummer Ma [...]
- Mark Twain's America : a celebration in words and images / Harry L. Katz and the Library of Congress.
An illustrated tribute to Mark Twain's life and work, covering the years between 1850 and 1910, presents insight into the author's many role [...]
- Doing life with Mandela
A tribute to the late world leader by a prison guard assigned to his maximum-security wing describes their friendship and the author's witness to [...]
- Harry Harrison! Harry Harrison! : it seemed like a good idea at the time / Harry Harrison.
"Recollections of one of the grand masters of science fiction, on his storied career as a celebrated author and on his relationships with other l [...]
- "Literchoor is my beat" : a life of James Laughlin, publisher of New Directions / Ian S. MacNiven.
"A biography--thoughtful and playful--of the man who founded New Directions and transformed American publishing James Laughlin--a poet, publisher [...]
- Alan Turing : the enigma / Andrew Hodges ; foreword by Douglas Hofstadter.
Explores the life of the mathematician, reveals the character of the man behind such concepts as the universal machine and the scientific understandin [...]
- Publishing : a Writer's Memoir / Gail Godwin ; illustrations by Frances Halsband.
"Publishing is a personal story of a writer's hunger to be published, the pursuit of that goal, and then the long haul--for Gail Godwin, for [...]
- Correspondence. Selections
- So anyway... / John Cleese.
A memoir by the legendary Monty Python comic traces his ascent in the entertainment world, from his humble origins and early collaborations with Graha [...]
- Life on the Mississippi / Mark Twain ; introduction by Bill McKibben ; notes by James Danly.
Twain, the riverboat pilot and renowned author, discusses his experiences on the Mississippi River while including tall tales and character sketches w [...]
- The invisible front : love and loss in an era of endless war / Yochi Dreazen.
"The story of Army Major General Mark Graham and his wife Carol, whose two sons are both military men. Their sons pass (one from suicide, one in [...]
- The education of a value investor : my transformative quest for wealth, wisdom, and enlightenment / Guy Spier.
"What happens when a young Wall Street investment banker spends a small fortune to have lunch with Warren Buffett? He becomes a real value invest [...]
- Heroes of the comics / Drew Friedman.
Presents biographies and portraits of eighty pioneers and luminaries of the American comic book industry, including Stan Lee, Harvey Kurtzman, Will Ei [...]
- Angels by the river : a memoir / James Gustave Speth.
"In Angels by the River, James Gustave 'Gus' Speth recounts his unlikely path from a Southern boyhood through his years as one of the n [...]
- Madam Belle : sex, money, and influence in a Southern brothel / Maryjean Wall.
- Essays. Selections
"An unabashedly hilarious memoir-in-essays from Adam Resnick, former writer for Late Night with David Letterman"-- Provided by publisher.
- Harry Hopkins : FDR's envoy to Churchill and Stalin / Christopher D. O'Sullivan.
- Yes please / Amy Poehler.
The actress best known for her work on "Parks and Recreation" and "Saturday Night Live" reveals personal stories and offers her hu [...]
- Players first : coaching from the inside out / John Calipari and Michael Sokolove.
"In Players First, John Calipari relates for the first time anywhere his experiences over his first four years coaching the Kentucky Wildcats, co [...]
- Far and near : on days like these / Neal Peart.
In accounts taken from his website, the lyricist and drummer for the rock band Rush describes three years of his life, in which whenever possible he t [...]
- What it takes : fighting for my life and my love of the game / Mark Herzlich with Alex Tresniowski ; foreword by Tom Coughlin.
" In 2011, Mark Herzlich became a starting linebacker for a New York Giants team that would win the Super Bowl-just two years after he had been t [...]
- Leonardo's brain : understanding da Vinci's creative genius / Leonard Shlain.
"Explores the life, art, and mind of Leonardo da Vinci, seeking to explain his singularity by looking at his achievements in art, science, psycho [...]
- Judy Garland on Judy Garland : interviews and encounters / edited by Randy L. Schmidt.
Compiles old interviews with the movie star where she discusses her life and career.
powered by RSS Just Better 1.3 plugin