- Updike / Adam Begley.
"Updike is Adam Begley's masterful, much-anticipated biography of one of the most celebrated figures in American literature: Pulitzer Prize- [...]
- Edison and the rise of innovation / Leonard DeGraaf ; foreword by Bill Gates.
Chronicles the life and work of the inventor through primary and previously unseen sources, including personal and business correspondence, photograph [...]
- Wooden : a coach's life / Seth Davis.
An assessment of legendary UCLA coach John Wooden draws on hundreds of interviews from all periods of his career to offer insight into his driving amb [...]
- Unveiling grace : the story of how we found our way out of the Mormon Church / Lynn K. Wilder.
Narrates the story of how a Mormon family left the religion after questioning many of its teachings and describes what it was like to grow up as a Mor [...]
- The frackers : the outrageous inside story of the new billionaire wildcatters / Gregory Zuckerman.
"In five years, the United States has seen a historic burst of oil and natural gas production, easing our insatiable hunger for energy. A new dri [...]
- Queen Anne : the politics of passion / Anne Somerset.
An assessment of the short twelve-year reign of Britain's last Stuart monarch recounts how she united England and Scotland as a sovereign state, [...]
- Pinkerton's great detective : the amazing life and times of James McParland / Beau Riffenburgh.
"The story of the legendary Pinkerton detective who took down the Molly Maguires and the Wild Bunch The operatives of the Pinkerton's Nation [...]
- My mistake : a memoir / Daniel Menaker.
"Daniel Menaker started as a fact checker at The New Yorker in 1969. With luck, hard work, and the support of William Maxwell, he was eventually [...]
- How to fail at almost everything and still win big : kind of the story of my life / Scott Adams.
"Dilbert creator Scott Adams offers his most personal book ever -- a funny memoir of his many failures and what they eventually taught him about [...]
- God's double agent : the true story of a Chinese Christian's fight for freedom / Bob Fu.
- Fields of grace : faith, friendship, and the day I nearly lost everything / Hannah Luce, with Robin Gaby Fisher.
The sole survivor of a plane crash, the daughter of an influential youth minister recounts the transformative aftermath of the crash and how this near [...]
- Breakfast with Lucian : the astounding life and outrageous times of Britain's great modern painter / Geordie Greig.
"A memoir about the author's relationship with renowned painter Lucian Freud that includes interviews with many close friends and family mem [...]
- Little failure : a memoir / Gary Shteyngart.
Traces the author's experiences as a young bullied Jewish-Russian immigrant in Queens, his haphazard college pursuits, and his initial forays int [...]
- Dorothea Lange, grab a hunk of lightning : her lifetime in photography / by Elizabeth Partridge.
Honors the famed photographer for photographing some of history's most pivotal moments, including her Depression-era portraits and photographs of [...]
- A fort of nine towers : an Afghan family story / Qais Akbar Omar.
A carpet designer in Kabul describes his childhood before the Mujahedin took over, his family's struggle for survival after fleeing their home, a [...]
- 84, Charing Cross Road / by Helene Hanff.
Correspondence between Helene Hanff, a freelance writer living in New York, and a used-book dealer in London
- I am Malala : the girl who stood up for education and was shot by the Taliban / Malala Yousafzai with Christina Lamb.
Describes the life of the young Pakistani student who advocated for women's rights and education in the Taliban-controlled Swat Balley, survived [...]
- The bite in the apple : a memoir / Chrisann Brennan.
"An intimate look at the life of Steve Jobs by the mother of his first child and a complement to Walter Isaacson's biography, providing rare [...]
- Wheelmen : Lance Armstrong, the Tour de France, and the greatest sports conspiracy ever / Reed Albergotti and Vanessa O'Connell.
"The first in-depth look at Lance Armstrong's doping scandal, the phenomenal business success built on the back of fraud, and the greatest c [...]
- Book of ages : the life and opinions of Jane Franklin / Jill Lepore.
A portrait of Benjamin Franklin's youngest sister, Jane, reveals how she was, like her brother, a passionate reader, gifted writer, and shrewd po [...]
- Falling into the fire : a psychiatrist's encounters with the mind in crisis / Christine Montross.
Recounts definitive cases in the author's career that prompted her investigation into diverse psychiatric arenas, evaluating such topics as the r [...]
- The last cowboy : a life of Tom Landry / Mark Ribowsky.
A biography of the legendary professional football coach, known for his trademark fedora, who spent almost thirty years taking the Dallas Cowboys from [...]
- The reason I jump : the inner voice of a thirteen-year-old boy with autism / by Naoki Higashida ; translated by KA Yoshida and David Mitchell.
A journey into the mind of a remarkable thirteen-year-old Japanese boy with severe autism shares firsthand insights into a variety of experiences asso [...]
- The family : three journeys into the heart of the twentieth century / David Laskin.
Recounting how the author's nineteenth-century ancestors were separated by upheavals in western Russia and went on to become the founders of the [...]
- The aviators : Eddie Rickenbacker, Jimmy Doolittle, Charles Lindbergh, and the epic age of flight / Winston Groom.
Interweaves the adventures during wartime and beyond, of three remarkable aviators--Charles Lindbergh, Eddie Rickenbacker, and Jimmy Doolittle--who de [...]
- Running like a girl : notes on learning to run / Alexandra Heminsley.
"In her twenties, Alexandra Heminsley spent more time drinking white wine than she did in pursuit of athletic excellence. When she decided to tak [...]
- Mozart : a life / Paul Johnson.
- Ian Fleming / Andrew Lycett.
- Drama high : the incredible true story of a brilliant teacher, a struggling town, and the magic of theater / Michael Sokolove.
"Friday Night Lights meets Glee--the incredible and true story of an extraordinary drama teacher who has changed the lives of thousands of studen [...]
- Bach : music in the castle of heaven / by John Eliot Gardiner.
"An unprecedented book about one of the greatest of all composers, by his greatest modern interpreter. Johann Sebastian Bach is one of the most f [...]
powered by RSS Just Better 1.3 plugin