- American wife : love, war, faith, and renewal / Taya Kyle with Jim DeFelice.
The widow of late SEAL sniper Chris Kyle describes their lengthy separations during his military service, her husband's murder at the height of h [...]
- Plenty ladylike / A Memoir Claire McCaskill, with Terry Ganey.
- My side of the street : why wolves, flash boys, quants, and masters of the universe don't represent the real Wall Street / Jason DeSena Trennert.
"On a sticky summer morning at the end of the Eighties, 19-year-old Jason DeSena Trennert--a bright, unconnected Georgetown undergrad with big dr [...]
- Mob cop : my life of crime in the Chicago Police Department / Fred Pascente ; with Sam Reaves.
"Former Chicago police officer and mafia associate Fred Pascente is the man who links Tony Spilotro, the protagonist of Nicholas Pileggi's C [...]
- Meanwhile there are letters : the correspondence of Eudora Welty and Ross Macdonald / edited and with an introduction by Suzanne Marrs and Tom Nolan.
"In 1970, Ross Macdonald wrote a letter to Eudora Welty, beginning a thirteen-year correspondence between fellow writers and kindred spirits. Tho [...]
- Good mourning / by Elizabeth Meyer ; with Caitlin Moscatello.
- Genius at play : the curious mathematical mind of John Horton Conway / Siobhan Roberts.
- First to fly : the story of the Lafayette Escadrille, the American heroes who flew for France in World War I / Charles Bracelen Flood.
Tells the story of the daredevil Americans of the Lafayette Escadrille, who flew in French planes, wore French uniforms, and showed the world an Ameri [...]
- Joy : poet, seeker, and the woman who captivated C. S. Lewis / Abigail Santamaria.
"The first full biography of Joy Davidman, known primarily as C.S. Lewis's late-in-life bride, but who here receives her much deserved rescu [...]
- Dreams to remember : Otis Redding, Stax Records, and the transformation of Southern soul / Mark Ribowsky.
Traces the rise of the soul icon from preacher's son to musical legend and discusses his tragically short career in the context of the cultural a [...]
- God and Jetfire : confessions of a birth mother / Amy Seek.
"A searching, eloquent memoir about the joys and hardships of open adoption God and Jetfire is a mother's account of her decision to surrend [...]
- Hold still : a memoir with photographs / Sally Mann.
The author tells her family's history in photographs and words, after sorting through a box of old papers that revealed scandals, alcohol and dom [...]
- Headstrong : 52 women who changed science--and the world / Rachel Swaby.
Profiles over fifty of history's most remarkable women scientists, including Rachel Carson, Rosalind Franklin, Sally Ride, and Ada Lovelace.
- Whiskey bottles and brand-new cars : the fast life and sudden death of Lynyrd Skynyrd / Mark Ribowsky.
A new perspective on the Southern rock band presents the history of their fame on and off the stage and describes their legacy after a fatal airplane [...]
- The speechwriter : a brief education in politics / Barton Swaim.
- The goddess pose : the audacious life of Indra Devi, the woman who helped bring yoga to the West / Michelle Goldberg.
"The incredible story of the woman--actress, dancer, yogi, globetrotter--who brought yoga to America and to much of the rest of the western world [...]
- Vie cachée de Fidel Castro. English
A former member of the innermost circle of the dictator describes Castro's personal life and his huge fortune as well as the horrors and tragedie [...]
- The billion dollar spy : a true story of Cold War espionage and betrayal / David E. Hoffman.
"While getting into his car on the evening of February 16, 1978, the chief of the CIA's Moscow station was handed an envelope by an unknown [...]
- Smoking cigarettes, eating glass : a psychologist's memoir / Annita Perez Sawyer.
- Pieces of my mother : a memoir / Melissa Cistaro.
"Why would a mother ever abandon her child? And is an abandoned child destined to grow up and make the same mistake? These were some of Melissa C [...]
- Nabokov in America : on the road to Lolita / Robert Roper.
"The author of the immortal Lolita and Pale Fire, born to an eminent Russian family, conjures the apotheosis of the high modernist artist: cultur [...]
- Madam Ambassador : three years of diplomacy, dinner parties, and democracy in Budapest / Ambassador Eleni Tsakopoulos Kounalakis.
"A helicopter ride to visit troops in the Afghanistan war zone, a tense meeting with the newly elected Prime Minister, and...a wild boar hunt! El [...]
- George the dog, John the artist : a rescue story / John Dolan.
- I am Charlie Wilson / Charlie Wilson.
The author recalls his life and successful career as a singer, songwriter, and producer, as well as his period stuggling with addiction, his battle wi [...]
- Being Berlusconi : the rise and fall from cosa nostra to bunga bunga / Michael Day.
"People from all walks of life are appalled and fascinated in equal measure by the stratospheric political career of the tycoon and three-time It [...]
- Arms and the dudes : how three stoners from Miami Beach became the most unlikely gunrunners in history / Guy Lawson.
- Allen Klein : the man who bailed out the Beatles, made the Stones, and transformed rock & roll / Fred Goodman.
- The Bee Cottage story : how I made a muddle of things and decorated my way back to happiness / Frances Schultz ; principal photography by Trevor Tondro ; foreword by Newell Turner.
"Inspired by Frances Schultz's popular House Beautiful magazine series on the makeover of her house, Bee Cottage, what began as a decorating [...]
- Big science : Ernest Lawrence, the cyclotron, and the birth of the military-industrial complex / by Michael Hiltzik.
- Daughters of the samurai : a journey from East to West and back / Janice P. Nimura.
"'Surprising and richly satisfying' (Megan Marshall); 'Beautifully crafted...subtle, polished, and poised' (Stacy Schiff); In [...]
powered by RSS Just Better 1.3 plugin