- The Drummond girls : a story of fierce friendship beyond time and chance / Mardi Jo Link.
"An inspiring and heartfelt memoir about the friendship between eight women forged over two decades. The eight Drummond Girls first met in 1991 a [...]
- A time for truth : reigniting the promise of America / Ted Cruz.
Recounts the author's life and career, discussing his time as a senator, and arguing for change in government by revitalizing Constitutional prin [...]
- Sisters in law : how Sandra Day O'Connor and Ruth Bader Ginsburg went to the Supreme Court and changed the world / Linda Hirshman.
An account of the intertwined lives of the first two women to be appointed to the Supreme Court examines their respective religious and political beli [...]
- Anchor & flares : a memoir of motherhood, hope, and service / Kate Braestrup.
A Maine minister recounts the wrenching loss of her first husband, her remarriage, and her joyful years of raising a blended family before confronting [...]
- Life is short (no pun intended) : love, laughter, and learning to enjoy every moment / Jennifer Arnold, MD and Bill Klein.
"From the beloved stars of TLC's The Little Couple comes an uplifting and moving behind-the-scenes account of how the pair met, fell in love [...]
- How I shed my skin : unlearning racist lessons of a Southern childhood / Jim Grimsley.
"In August of 1966, Jim Grimsley entered the sixth grade in the same public school he had attended for the five previous years in his small easte [...]
- Pardon my hearse : a colorful portrait of where the funeral and entertainment industries met in Hollywood / Allan Abbott & Greg Abbott.
A former undetaker to the stars describes a career studded with glamorous funerals, mishaps with corpses, and true-life glimpses of celebrities at the [...]
- Hope and other luxuries : a mother's life with a daughter's anorexia / Clare B. Dunkle.
"Clare Dunkle seemed to have an ideal life--two beautiful, high-achieving teenage daughters, a loving husband, and a satisfying and successful ca [...]
- From jailer to jailed : my journey from correction and police commissioner to inmate #84888-054 / Bernard B. Kerik.
The former NYC police commissioner traces the story of his Medal of Honor-winning service during 9/11 and prison sentence for tax fraud, revealing how [...]
- American wife : love, war, faith, and renewal / Taya Kyle with Jim DeFelice.
The widow of late SEAL sniper Chris Kyle describes their lengthy separations during his military service, her husband's murder at the height of h [...]
- Plenty ladylike / A Memoir Claire McCaskill, with Terry Ganey.
- My side of the street : why wolves, flash boys, quants, and masters of the universe don't represent the real Wall Street / Jason DeSena Trennert.
"On a sticky summer morning at the end of the Eighties, 19-year-old Jason DeSena Trennert--a bright, unconnected Georgetown undergrad with big dr [...]
- Mob cop : my life of crime in the Chicago Police Department / Fred Pascente ; with Sam Reaves.
"Former Chicago police officer and mafia associate Fred Pascente is the man who links Tony Spilotro, the protagonist of Nicholas Pileggi's C [...]
- Meanwhile there are letters : the correspondence of Eudora Welty and Ross Macdonald / edited and with an introduction by Suzanne Marrs and Tom Nolan.
"In 1970, Ross Macdonald wrote a letter to Eudora Welty, beginning a thirteen-year correspondence between fellow writers and kindred spirits. Tho [...]
- Good mourning / by Elizabeth Meyer ; with Caitlin Moscatello.
- Genius at play : the curious mathematical mind of John Horton Conway / Siobhan Roberts.
- First to fly : the story of the Lafayette Escadrille, the American heroes who flew for France in World War I / Charles Bracelen Flood.
Tells the story of the daredevil Americans of the Lafayette Escadrille, who flew in French planes, wore French uniforms, and showed the world an Ameri [...]
- Joy : poet, seeker, and the woman who captivated C. S. Lewis / Abigail Santamaria.
"The first full biography of Joy Davidman, known primarily as C.S. Lewis's late-in-life bride, but who here receives her much deserved rescu [...]
- Dreams to remember : Otis Redding, Stax Records, and the transformation of Southern soul / Mark Ribowsky.
Traces the rise of the soul icon from preacher's son to musical legend and discusses his tragically short career in the context of the cultural a [...]
- God and Jetfire : confessions of a birth mother / Amy Seek.
"A searching, eloquent memoir about the joys and hardships of open adoption God and Jetfire is a mother's account of her decision to surrend [...]
- Hold still : a memoir with photographs / Sally Mann.
The author tells her family's history in photographs and words, after sorting through a box of old papers that revealed scandals, alcohol and dom [...]
- Headstrong : 52 women who changed science--and the world / Rachel Swaby.
Profiles over fifty of history's most remarkable women scientists, including Rachel Carson, Rosalind Franklin, Sally Ride, and Ada Lovelace.
- Whiskey bottles and brand-new cars : the fast life and sudden death of Lynyrd Skynyrd / Mark Ribowsky.
A new perspective on the Southern rock band presents the history of their fame on and off the stage and describes their legacy after a fatal airplane [...]
- The speechwriter : a brief education in politics / Barton Swaim.
- The goddess pose : the audacious life of Indra Devi, the woman who helped bring yoga to the West / Michelle Goldberg.
"The incredible story of the woman--actress, dancer, yogi, globetrotter--who brought yoga to America and to much of the rest of the western world [...]
- Vie cachée de Fidel Castro. English
A former member of the innermost circle of the dictator describes Castro's personal life and his huge fortune as well as the horrors and tragedie [...]
- The billion dollar spy : a true story of Cold War espionage and betrayal / David E. Hoffman.
Presents the story of a valuable CIA spy in the Soviet Union while also looking at the contributions of the agency's Moscow station in the final [...]
- Smoking cigarettes, eating glass : a psychologist's memoir / Annita Perez Sawyer.
- Pieces of my mother : a memoir / Melissa Cistaro.
"Why would a mother ever abandon her child? And is an abandoned child destined to grow up and make the same mistake? These were some of Melissa C [...]
- Nabokov in America : on the road to Lolita / Robert Roper.
"The author of the immortal Lolita and Pale Fire, born to an eminent Russian family, conjures the apotheosis of the high modernist artist: cultur [...]
powered by RSS Just Better 1.3 plugin