- The Bee Cottage story : how I made a muddle of things and decorated my way back to happiness / Frances Schultz ; principal photography by Trevor Tondro ; foreword by Newell Turner.
"Inspired by Frances Schultz's popular House Beautiful magazine series on the makeover of her house, Bee Cottage, what began as a decorating [...]
- Big science : Ernest Lawrence, the cyclotron, and the birth of the military-industrial complex / by Michael Hiltzik.
- Daughters of the samurai : a journey from East to West and back / Janice P. Nimura.
"'Surprising and richly satisfying' (Megan Marshall); 'Beautifully crafted...subtle, polished, and poised' (Stacy Schiff); In [...]
- A Polish doctor in the Nazi camps : my mother's memories of imprisonment, immigration, and a life remade / Barbara Rylko-Bauer.
- When the balls drop : how I learned to get real and embrace life's second half / Brad Garrett.
"An honest look at life's second half from Everybody Loves Raymond TV sitcom star and comic Brad Garrett"-- Provided by publisher.
- The world's largest man : a memoir / Harrison Scott Key.
A humor columnist describes his father, who was more like a frontiersman than a twentieth-century Mississippian, and the impact he ultimately had on h [...]
- The rival queens : Catherine de' Medici, her daughter Marguerite de Valois, and the betrayal that ignited a kingdom / Nancy Goldstone.
Documents the turbulent mother-daughter relationship between Catherine de' Medici and Marguerite de Valois to explore the court politics, assassi [...]
- The rainman's third cure : an irregular education / Peter Coyote.
- One righteous man : Samuel Battle and the shattering of the color line in New York / Arthur Browne.
- Lord Fear : a memoir / Lucas Mann.
"From the author of the widely praised Class A--a memoir that investigates the life and death of his enigmatic stepbrother, who died of a heroin [...]
- How did I get here? : making peace with the road not taken / Jesse Browner.
- Good girl : a memoir / Sarah Tomlinson.
"Told with raw, rugged honesty, this heartrending memoir from journalist Sarah Tomlinson recounts her unconventional upbringing and coming-of-age [...]
- Elon Musk : Tesla, SpaceX, and the quest for a fantastic future / Ashlee Vance.
An authorized portrait of one of Silicon Valley's most dynamic entrepreneurs evaluates his role in the successes of such innovations as Tesla and [...]
- Billie Holiday : the musician and the myth / John Szwed.
Looking beyond the numerous tragedies endured by the singer, draws on material that has come to light in the last decade to reveal Holliday's per [...]
- A lucky life interrupted : a memoir of hope / Tom Brokaw.
The NBC nightly news anchor reflects on his struggle with myeloma, coming to terms with his own mortality, and what does and has meant the most to him [...]
- Tory Burch : in color / Tory Burch ; foreword by Anna Wintour ; edited by Nandini D'Souza Wolfe.
The fashion designer recounts her life and rise as a successful businesswoman, discussing the the sources of inspiration for her work, including her p [...]
- Spinster : making a life of one's own / Kate Bolick.
"A single woman considers her life, the life of the bold single ladies who have gone before her, and the long arc of slowly changing attitudes to [...]
- Men in green / Michael Bamberger.
Presents an account of golf's greatest generation, profiling the big names, as well as legendary figures known only to insiders, who have left an [...]
- Stalin's daughter : the extraordinary and tumultuous life of Svetlana Alliluyeva / Rosemary Sullivan.
"The award-winning author of Villa Air-Bel returns with a painstakingly researched, revelatory biography of Svetlana Stalin, a woman fated to liv [...]
- My Paris dream : an education in style, slang, and seduction in the great city on the Seine / Kate Betts.
"For readers of How to Be Parisian Wherever You Are, My Paris Dream is a charming and insightful memoir about coming of age as a fashion journali [...]
- Becoming Steve Jobs : the evolution of a reckless upstart into a visionary leader / Brent Schlender and Rick Tetzeli.
"Based on the hugely popular cover story about Steve Jobs in Fast Company in May 2012, this is the behind the scenes account of how Steve Jobs ar [...]
- The fellowship : the literary lives of the Inklings: J.R.R. Tolkien, C. S. Lewis, Owen Barfield, Charles Williams / Philip Zaleski, Carol Zaleski.
"A stirring group biography of the Inklings, the Oxford writing club featuring J.R.R. Tolkien and C. S. Lewis C.S. Lewis is the twentieth century [...]
- Smoke : how a small-town girl accidentally wound up smuggling 7,000 pounds of marijuana with the pot princess of Beverly Hills / Meili Cady.
Recalls the author's friendship with Lisette Lee, self-proclaimed model and Korean pop star, in which she was caught up in Lee's extravagant [...]
- Head case : my brain and other wonders / Cole Cohen.
"A spirited, wry, and utterly original memoir about one woman's struggle to make her way and set up a life after doctors discover a hole the [...]
- The league of outsider baseball : an illustrated history of baseball's forgotten heroes / Gary Cieradkowskii.
- Baseball maverick : how Sandy Alderson revolutionized baseball and revived the Mets / Steve Kettmann.
Looks at the life and career of the baseball executive, including how he made his name with the Oakland A's and his current stewardship, and turn [...]
- Wild Bill Wellman : Hollywood rebel / William A. Wellman, Jr.
The son of the prolific Hollywood director draws on letters, diaries, notes and an unfinished memoir to trace his father's achievements as a fami [...]
- Black Sabbath : symptom of the universe / Mick Wall.
- The job : true tales from the life of a New York City cop / Steve Osborne.
- Romantic outlaws : the extraordinary lives of Mary Wollstonecraft and her daughter Mary Shelley / Charlotte Gordon.
"Mary Wollstonecraft (1759-1797) and her daughter Mary Shelley (1797-1851) have each been the subject of numerous biographies by top tier writers [...]
powered by RSS Just Better 1.3 plugin