- My Paris dream : an education in style, slang, and seduction in the great city on the Seine / Kate Betts.
"For readers of How to Be Parisian Wherever You Are, My Paris Dream is a charming and insightful memoir about coming of age as a fashion journali [...]
- Becoming Steve Jobs : the evolution of a reckless upstart into a visionary leader / Brent Schlender and Rick Tetzeli.
"Based on the hugely popular cover story about Steve Jobs in Fast Company in May 2012, this is the behind the scenes account of how Steve Jobs ar [...]
- The fellowship : the literary lives of the Inklings: J.R.R. Tolkien, C. S. Lewis, Owen Barfield, Charles Williams / Philip Zaleski, Carol Zaleski.
"A stirring group biography of the Inklings, the Oxford writing club featuring J.R.R. Tolkien and C. S. Lewis C.S. Lewis is the twentieth century [...]
- Smoke : how a small-town girl accidentally wound up smuggling 7,000 pounds of marijuana with the pot princess of Beverly Hills / Meili Cady.
Recalls the author's friendship with Lisette Lee, self-proclaimed model and Korean pop star, in which she was caught up in Lee's extravagant [...]
- Head case : my brain and other wonders / Cole Cohen.
"A spirited, wry, and utterly original memoir about one woman's struggle to make her way and set up a life after doctors discover a hole the [...]
- The league of outsider baseball : an illustrated history of baseball's forgotten heroes / Gary Cieradkowskii.
- Baseball maverick : how Sandy Alderson revolutionized baseball and revived the Mets / Steve Kettmann.
Looks at the life and career of the baseball executive, including how he made his name with the Oakland A's and his current stewardship, and turn [...]
- Wild Bill Wellman : Hollywood rebel / William A. Wellman, Jr.
The son of the prolific Hollywood director draws on letters, diaries, notes and an unfinished memoir to trace his father's achievements as a fami [...]
- Black Sabbath : symptom of the universe / Mick Wall.
- The great war of our time : an insider's account of the CIA's fight against al Qa'ida / Michael Morell with Bill Harlow.
The CIA's deputy director discusses the Agency's inner workings to reveal its accomplishments, mistakes, and controversies during the War on [...]
- Words without music : a memoir / Philip Glass.
The world-renowned composer traces the story of his life and career and his professional collaborations with such peers as Allen Ginsberg and Martin S [...]
- The job : true tales from the life of a New York City cop / by Steve Osborne.
- Romantic outlaws : the extraordinary lives of Mary Wollstonecraft and her daughter Mary Shelley / by Charlotte Gordon.
"Mary Wollstonecraft (1759-1797) and her daughter Mary Shelley (1797-1851) have each been the subject of numerous biographies by top tier writers [...]
- Patrick Leigh Fermor : an adventure / Artemis Cooper.
"Patrick Leigh Fermor's enviably colorful life took off when in 1934, at the age of eighteen, he decided to walk across Europe. In just over [...]
- If the oceans were ink : an unlikely friendship and a journey to the heart of the Qurʼan / Carla Power.
- Another little piece of my heart : my life of rock and revolution in the '60s / Richard Goldstein.
"In 1966, at the ripe age of 22, Richard Goldstein approached The Village Voice with a novel idea. "I want to be a rock critic," he sai [...]
- Alfred Hitchcock : the man who knew too much / Michael Wood.
- The rose hotel : a memoir of secrets, loss, and love from Iran to America / Rahimeh Andalibian.
"In this searing memoir, Iran-born author Rahimeh Andalibian tells the story of her family: their struggle to survive the 1979 revolution, their [...]
- Welcome to my breakdown : a memoir / Benilde Little.
"The nationally bestselling author of Good Hair and The Itch pens her first book of nonfiction, a "momoir" about her own journey caring [...]
- Amish confidential : looking for trouble on Heaven's back roads / by Levi Stoltzfus and Ellis Henican.
""Lebanon" Levi Stoltzfus, star of the #1 top-rated Discovery Channel reality show Amish Mafia, delivers a sizzling tell-all about Amis [...]
- Hammer head : the making of a carpenter / Nina MacLaughlin.
Combining sage advice from Ovid and Mary Oliver with practical descriptions of tools and varieties of wood, the author, who quit her desk job to becom [...]
- The mad boy, Lord Berners, my grandmother and me : an aristocratic family, a high-society scandal and an extraordinary legacy / Sofka Zinovieff.
- Empire of deception / by Dean Jobb.
"It was a time of unregulated madness. And nowhere was it madder than in Chicago at the dawn of the Roaring Twenties. Speakeasies thrived, gang w [...]
- The Life of Saul Bellow : to fame and fortune, 1915-1964 / by Zachary Leader.
"Based on much heretofore unavailable archival material and access to close relations, and extraordinary for the diligence of its scholarship, th [...]
- Harry Hopkins : FDR's envoy to Churchill and Stalin / Christopher D. O'Sullivan.
- Losing Tim : how our health and education systems failed my son with schizophrenia / Paul Gionfriddo.
- The Beatles : here, there and everywhere / Nancy J. Hajeski.
- Michael Jackson, Inc : the rise, fall and rebirth of a billion-dollar empire / Zack O'Malley Greenburg.
Chronicles the rise and fall of Michael Jackson's billion-dollar business, revealing how his pioneering merchandising practices and savvy investm [...]
- Glow : the autobiography of Rick James / Rick James with David Ritz.
"Best known for his song "Super Freak," hitmaker, singer, innovator, producer, award-winning pioneer in the fusion of funk groove and r [...]
- Salt, sweat, tears : the men who rowed the oceans / Adam Rackley.
powered by RSS Just Better 1.3 plugin