- Life on the Mississippi / Mark Twain ; introduction by Bill McKibben ; notes by James Danly.
Twain, the riverboat pilot and renowned author, discusses his experiences on the Mississippi River while including tall tales and character sketches w [...]
- The invisible front : love and loss in an era of endless war / Yochi Dreazen.
"The story of Army Major General Mark Graham and his wife Carol, whose two sons are both military men. Their sons pass (one from suicide, one in [...]
- The education of a value investor : my transformative quest for wealth, wisdom, and enlightenment / Guy Spier.
"What happens when a young Wall Street investment banker spends a small fortune to have lunch with Warren Buffett? He becomes a real value invest [...]
- Heroes of the comics / Drew Friedman.
Presents biographies and portraits of eighty pioneers and luminaries of the American comic book industry, including Stan Lee, Harvey Kurtzman, Will Ei [...]
- Angels by the river : a memoir / James Gustave Speth.
"In Angels by the River, James Gustave 'Gus' Speth recounts his unlikely path from a Southern boyhood through his years as one of the n [...]
- Madam Belle : sex, money, and influence in a Southern brothel / Maryjean Wall.
- Essays. Selections
"An unabashedly hilarious memoir-in-essays from Adam Resnick, former writer for Late Night with David Letterman"-- Provided by publisher.
- Harry Hopkins : FDR's envoy to Churchill and Stalin / Christopher D. O'Sullivan.
- Yes please / Amy Poehler.
The actress best known for her work on "Parks and Recreation" and "Saturday Night Live" reveals personal stories and offers her hu [...]
- Players first : coaching from the inside out / John Calipari and Michael Sokolove.
"In Players First, John Calipari relates for the first time anywhere his experiences over his first four years coaching the Kentucky Wildcats, co [...]
- Far and near : on days like these / Neal Peart.
In accounts taken from his website, the lyricist and drummer for the rock band Rush describes three years of his life, in which whenever possible he t [...]
- What it takes : fighting for my life and my love of the game / Mark Herzlich with Alex Tresniowski ; foreword by Tom Coughlin.
" In 2011, Mark Herzlich became a starting linebacker for a New York Giants team that would win the Super Bowl-just two years after he had been t [...]
- Leonardo's brain : understanding da Vinci's creative genius / Leonard Shlain.
"Explores the life, art, and mind of Leonardo da Vinci, seeking to explain his singularity by looking at his achievements in art, science, psycho [...]
- Judy Garland on Judy Garland : interviews and encounters / edited by Randy L. Schmidt.
Compiles old interviews with the movie star where she discusses her life and career.
- John Marshall : the chief justice who saved the nation / Harlow Giles Unger.
"A soul-stirring biography of John Marshall, the young Republic's great chief justice who led the Supreme Court to power and brought law and [...]
- Boy on ice : the life and death of Derek Boogaard / John Branch.
Traces the career of the star player for the New York Rangers, from his childhood in Saskatchewan to his professional career, and reveals how a series [...]
- The innovators : how a group of hackers, geniuses, and geeks created the digital revolution / Walter Isaacson.
"Following his blockbuster biography of Steve Jobs, The Innovators is Walter Isaacson's revealing story of the people who created the comput [...]
- Not that kind of girl : a young woman tells you what she's "learned" / Lena Dunham.
"If I could take what I've learned and make one menial job easier for you, or prevent you from having the kind of sex where you feel you mus [...]
- BOMB : the author interviews / edited by Betsy Sussler.
"Drawing on 30 years of BOMB Magazine, this anthology of interviews brings together some of the greatest figures of world literature for a brilli [...]
- Growing up Duggar : it's all about relationships / Jana, Jill, Jessa, and Jinger Duggar.
"In a rare look inside America's favorite mega-sized family, the four eldest girls talk about their faith, their dreams for the future, and [...]
- I only read it for the cartoons : The New Yorker's most brilliantly twisted artists / Richard Gehr.
- Augustus : first emperor of Rome / Adrian Goldsworthy.
Tells the story of the heir to the murdered Julius Caesar who, as Rome's first emperor, brought peace and stability to the empire and presided ov [...]
- Without you, there is no us : my time with the sons of North Korea's elite / Suki Kim.
- Such good girls : the journey of the Holocaust's hidden child survivors / R. D. Rosen.
"The real-life puzzle of what happened to the generation of Jewish children who survived the Holocaust in hiding, Edgar Award-winning mystery nov [...]
- Killing lions : a guide through the trials young men face / John Eldredge & Sam Eldredge.
Derived from a collection of phone calls between a best-selling author and his son, describes the life journey young men face and provides advice for [...]
- Losing Tim : how our health and education systems failed my son with schizophrenia / Paul Gionfriddo.
- Vita Sackville-West's Sissinghurst
"From 1946 to 1957, Vita Sackville-West, the British poet, bestselling author of All Passion Spent and maker of Sissinghurst, wrote a weekly colu [...]
- The Beatles : here, there and everywhere / Nancy J. Hajeski.
- Daring : my passages / Gail Sheehy.
Relating the story of her unconventional life, the author of the self-help classic "Passages" recounts her challenges and victories as a gro [...]
- Carry on, warrior : thoughts on life unarmed / Glennon Doyle Melton.
A New York Times essayist shares her journey from a self-destructive college student to a devoted family woman and teacher while illuminating the impo [...]
powered by RSS Just Better 1.3 plugin