- Such good girls : the journey of the Holocaust's hidden child survivors / R. D. Rosen.
"The real-life puzzle of what happened to the generation of Jewish children who survived the Holocaust in hiding, Edgar Award-winning mystery nov [...]
- Killing lions : a guide through the trials young men face / John Eldredge & Sam Eldredge.
Derived from a collection of phone calls between a best-selling author and his son, describes the life journey young men face and provides advice for [...]
- How our health and education systems failed my son with schizophrenia / How Our Health and Education Systems Failed My Son With Schizophrenia Paul Gionfriddo.
- Sissinghurst : Vita Sackville-West and the Creation of a Garden / Vita Sackville-West and Sarah Raven.
"From 1946 to 1957, Vita Sackville-West, the British poet, bestselling author of All Passion Spent and maker of Sissinghurst, wrote a weekly colu [...]
- Saving Simon : how a rescue donkey taught me the meaning of compassion / Jon Katz.
Describes how the author rescued and fell in love with a neglected donkey who proved a loyal listener and companion, prompting the author to confront [...]
- Beatles : here, there, and everywhere / Nancy J. Hajeski.
- Daring : my passages / Gail Sheehy.
Relating the story of her unconventional life, the author of the self-help classic "Passages" recounts her challenges and victories as a gro [...]
- Carry on, warrior : thoughts on life unarmed / Glennon Doyle Melton.
A New York Times essayist shares her journey from a self-destructive college student to a devoted family woman and teacher while illuminating the impo [...]
- The news sorority : Diane Sawyer, Katie Couric, Christiane Amanpour and the (ongoing, imperfect, complicated) triumph of women in TV news / Sheila Weller.
A provocative critique of three influential women in television broadcast news draws on exclusive interviews with colleagues and confidantes to reveal [...]
- You might remember me : the life and times of Phil Hartman / Mike Thomas.
Drawing on interviews, letters, recordings, and police records, an investigative journalist chronicles the life of "Saturday Night Live" sta [...]
- While the gods were sleeping : a journey through love and rebellion in Nepal / by Elizabeth Enslin.
"Love and marriage brought American anthropologist Elizabeth Enslin to a world she never planned to make her own: a life among Brahman in-laws in [...]
- My family and other hazards : a memoir / June Melby.
"When June Melby was ten years old, her parents decided on a whim to buy the miniature golf course in the small Wisconsin town where they vacatio [...]
- Michael Jackson, Inc : the rise, fall and rebirth of a billion-dollar empire / Zack O'Malley Greenburg.
Chronicles the rise and fall of Michael Jackson's billion-dollar business, revealing how his pioneering merchandising practices and savvy investm [...]
- Glow : the autobiography of Rick James / Rick James with David Ritz.
"Best known for his song "Super Freak," hitmaker, singer, innovator, producer, award-winning pioneer in the fusion of funk groove and r [...]
- Blood aces : the wild ride of Benny Binion, the Texas gangster who created Vegas poker / Doug J. Swanson.
"The astonishing story of Benny Binion-a rip-roaring saga of murder, money, and the making of Las Vegas Benny Binion was many things: a cowboy, a [...]
- Sons of Wichita : how the Koch brothers became America's most powerful and private dynasty / Daniel Schulman.
Follows the lives of the wealthy and powerful family that built one of the largest private corporations in the world despite an epic, decades-long feu [...]
- By the book : writers on literature and the literary life from the New York Times Book Review / edited and with an introduction by Pamela Paul ; foreword by Scott Turow ; illustrations by Jillian Tamaki.
"Sixty-five of the world's leading writers open up about the books and authors that have meant the most to them. Every Sunday, readers of Th [...]
- Salt, sweat, tears : the men who rowed the oceans / Adam Rackley.
"The true-life adventure of two men who rowed across the Atlantic Ocean and the history of those who came before More people have climbed Mount E [...]
- What I know for sure / Oprah Winfrey.
Collects inspirational wisdom shared by the cultural icon as penned for her "O" column throughout years marked by her retirement from her sh [...]
- Dr. Mütter's marvels : a true tale of intrigue and innovation at the dawn of modern medicine / by Cristin O'Keefe Aptowicz.
A mesmerizing biography of the brilliant and eccentric medical innovator who revolutionized American surgery and founded the country's most famou [...]
- Eichmann vor Jerusalem. English
"A total re-assessment of the life of Adolf Eichmann that reveals his activities and notoriety amongst a global network of National Socialists fo [...]
- Nixon's secrets / Roger Stone with Mike Colapietro.
Examines the rise and fall of Richard Nixon and argues that John Dean was behind the Watergate break-in and cover-up, that Al Haig was responsible for [...]
- I didn't come here to make friends : confessions of a reality show villain / Courtney Robertson with Deb Baer.
Revealing the love, heartbreak, and reality behind reality television, a former "Bachelor" contestant who quickly became the biggest villain [...]
- Coming to my senses : one woman's cochlear implant journey / Claire H. Blatchford.
- Clinton, Inc. : the audacious rebuilding of a political machine / Daniel Halper.
Exhaustively researched and drawn from exclusive documents and detailed interviews, an investigative reporter reveals the strategy the Clintons used a [...]
- Warren G. Harding and the Marion Daily Star : how newspapering shaped a president / Sheryl Smart Hall.
- Man on the run : Paul McCartney in the 1970s / Tom Doyle.
Based on exclusive first-hand interviews, a chronicle of Paul McCartney's struggles in the first decade after the Beatles' breakup discusses [...]
- Murder in the stacks : Penn State, Betsy Aardsma, and the killer who got away / David DeKok.
" On Nov. 28, 1969, Betsy Aardsma, a 22-year-old graduate student in English at Penn State, was stabbed to death in the stacks of Pattee Library [...]
- I know why the caged bird sings / Maya Angelou.
The author and poet recalls the anguish of her childhood in Arkansas and her adolescence in northern slums.
- Dear Leader : poet, spy, escapee-- a look inside North Korea / Jang Jin-sung ; translated by Shirley Lee.
"In this rare insider's view into contemporary North Korea, a high-ranking counterintelligence agent describes his life as a former poet lau [...]
powered by RSS Just Better 1.3 plugin