- Mess : one man's struggle to clean up his house and his act / Barry Yourgrau.
The author draws on his experiences as both a hoarder and an investigator to profile subjects ranging from professional decluttering services and anti [...]
- Where the bodies were buried : Whitey Bulger and the world that made him / T. J. English.
"The New York Times bestselling author of The Westies and Paddy Whacked offers a front-row seat at the trial of Whitey Bulger, and an intimate vi [...]
- The rising : murder, heartbreak, and the power of human resilience in an American town / Ryan D'Agostino.
"The astonishing story of one man's recovery in the face of traumatic loss--and a powerful meditation on the resilience of the soul On July [...]
- The wind in the reeds : a storm, a play, and the city that would not be broken / Wendell Pierce, with Rod Dreher.
"From acclaimed actor and producer Wendell Pierce, an insightful and poignant portrait of family, New Orleans and the transforming power of art&q [...]
- The point of vanishing : a memoir of two years in solitude / Howard Axelrod.
"On a clear May afternoon at the end of his junior year at Harvard, Howard Axelrod left his dorm-room to play a pick-up game of basketball. In th [...]
- The last season : a father, a son, and a lifetime of college football / Stuart Stevens.
The author and his ninety-five-year-old father reflect on their lives and share poignant and irreverent memories as they attend a full season of Ole M [...]
- The bridge builder : the life and continuing legacy of Rabbi Yechiel Eckstein / Zev Chafets.
Looks at the life and work of the Orthodox rabbi who founded a successful international organization for American Christians to provide support to Isr [...]
- Ringo : with a little help / Michael Seth Starr.
Traces the entire arc of Ringo Starr's remarkable life and career from his sickly childhood to his life as the world's most famous drummer t [...]
- Lights & sirens : the education of a paramedic / Kevin Grange.
"A true account of going through UCLA's famed Daniel Freeman Paramedic Program--and practicing emergency medicine on the streets of Los Ange [...]
- How's your faith? : an unlikely spiritual journey / David Gregory.
"Join former NBC newsman and Meet the Press moderator David Gregory as he probes various religious traditions to better understand his own faith [...]
- Called for life : how loving our neighbor led us into the heart of the Ebola epidemic / Kent & Amber Brantly ; with David Thomas.
The authors recall how, one year after moving to war-torn Liberia to provide medical care to those in need, he was diagnosed with Ebola and became the [...]
- Black man in a white coat : a doctor's reflections on race and medicine / Damon Tweedy, M.D.
"One doctor's passionate and profound memoir of his experience grappling with race, bias, and the unique health problems of black AmericansW [...]
- '74 and sunny / A. J. Benza.
The author recalls a summer in his youth in which his family, headed by his macho Sicilian father, hosted their cousin Gino, in a visit that was initi [...]
- The Drummond girls : a story of fierce friendship beyond time and chance / Mardi Jo Link.
"An inspiring and heartfelt memoir about the friendship between eight women forged over two decades. The eight Drummond Girls first met in 1991 a [...]
- A time for truth : reigniting the promise of America / Ted Cruz.
Recounts the author's life and career, discussing his time as a senator, and arguing for change in government by revitalizing Constitutional prin [...]
- Sisters in law : how Sandra Day O'Connor and Ruth Bader Ginsburg went to the Supreme Court and changed the world / Linda Hirshman.
An account of the intertwined lives of the first two women to be appointed to the Supreme Court examines their respective religious and political beli [...]
- Anchor & flares : a memoir of motherhood, hope, and service / Kate Braestrup.
A Maine minister recounts the wrenching loss of her first husband, her remarriage, and her joyful years of raising a blended family before confronting [...]
- Life is short (no pun intended) : love, laughter, and learning to enjoy every moment / Jennifer Arnold, MD and Bill Klein.
"From the beloved stars of TLC's The Little Couple comes an uplifting and moving behind-the-scenes account of how the pair met, fell in love [...]
- How I shed my skin : unlearning racist lessons of a Southern childhood / Jim Grimsley.
"In August of 1966, Jim Grimsley entered the sixth grade in the same public school he had attended for the five previous years in his small easte [...]
- Pardon my hearse : a colorful portrait of where the funeral and entertainment industries met in Hollywood / Allan Abbott & Greg Abbott.
A former undetaker to the stars describes a career studded with glamorous funerals, mishaps with corpses, and true-life glimpses of celebrities at the [...]
- Hope and other luxuries : a mother's life with a daughter's anorexia / Clare B. Dunkle.
"Clare Dunkle seemed to have an ideal life--two beautiful, high-achieving teenage daughters, a loving husband, and a satisfying and successful ca [...]
- From jailer to jailed : my journey from correction and police commissioner to inmate #84888-054 / Bernard B. Kerik.
The former NYC police commissioner traces the story of his Medal of Honor-winning service during 9/11 and prison sentence for tax fraud, revealing how [...]
- American wife : love, war, faith, and renewal / Taya Kyle with Jim DeFelice.
The widow of late SEAL sniper Chris Kyle describes their lengthy separations during his military service, her husband's murder at the height of h [...]
- Plenty ladylike / Claire McCaskill, with Terry Ganey.
- My side of the street : why wolves, flash boys, quants, and masters of the universe don't represent the real Wall Street / Jason DeSena Trennert.
"On a sticky summer morning at the end of the Eighties, 19-year-old Jason DeSena Trennert--a bright, unconnected Georgetown undergrad with big dr [...]
- Mob cop : my life of crime in the Chicago Police Department / Fred Pascente ; with Sam Reaves.
"Former Chicago police officer and mafia associate Fred Pascente is the man who links Tony Spilotro, the protagonist of Nicholas Pileggi's C [...]
- Meanwhile there are letters : the correspondence of Eudora Welty and Ross Macdonald / edited and with an introduction by Suzanne Marrs and Tom Nolan.
"In 1970, Ross Macdonald wrote a letter to Eudora Welty, beginning a thirteen-year correspondence between fellow writers and kindred spirits. Tho [...]
- Good mourning / by Elizabeth Meyer ; with Caitlin Moscatello.
- Genius at play : the curious mathematical mind of John Horton Conway / Siobhan Roberts.
- First to fly : the story of the Lafayette Escadrille, the American heroes who flew for France in World War I / Charles Bracelen Flood.
Tells the story of the daredevil Americans of the Lafayette Escadrille, who flew in French planes, wore French uniforms, and showed the world an Ameri [...]
powered by RSS Just Better 1.3 plugin