- Coming to my senses : one woman's cochlear implant journey / Claire H. Blatchford.
- Clinton, Inc. : the audacious rebuilding of a political machine / Daniel Halper.
Exhaustively researched and drawn from exclusive documents and detailed interviews, an investigative reporter reveals the strategy the Clintons used a [...]
- Warren G. Harding and the Marion Daily Star : how newspapering shaped a president / Sheryl Smart Hall.
- Man on the run : Paul McCartney in the 1970s / Tom Doyle.
Based on exclusive first-hand interviews, a chronicle of Paul McCartney's struggles in the first decade after the Beatles' breakup discusses [...]
- Murder in the stacks : Penn State, Betsy Aardsma, and the killer who got away / David DeKok.
" On Nov. 28, 1969, Betsy Aardsma, a 22-year-old graduate student in English at Penn State, was stabbed to death in the stacks of Pattee Library [...]
- I know why the caged bird sings / Maya Angelou.
The author and poet recalls the anguish of her childhood in Arkansas and her adolescence in northern slums.
- Dear Leader : poet, spy, escapee-- a look inside North Korea / Jang Jin-sung ; translated by Shirley Lee.
"In this rare insider's view into contemporary North Korea, a high-ranking counterintelligence agent describes his life as a former poet lau [...]
- A view from a broad / Bette Midler ; photography by Sean Russell.
The noted singer's notes from abroad, written during a nonstop concert tour through Europe and Australia, present the Divine Miss M's bawdy, [...]
- A long way home : a memoir / Saroo Brierley with Larry Buttrose.
"The miraculous and triumphant story of a young man who rediscovers not only his childhood life and home...but an identity long-since left behind [...]
- Lost and Found in Johannesburg, a memoir / Mark Gevisser.
"An inner life of Johannesburg that turns on the author's fascination with maps, boundaries, and transgressions This singular memoir begins [...]
- Chaucer's Tale : 1386 and the Road to Canterbury / Paul Strohm.
" A lively microbiography of Chaucer that tells the story of the tumultuous year that led to the creation of The Canterbury Tales. In 1386, Geoff [...]
- The world of Raymond Chandler : in his own words / edited by Barry Day.
"The first book to give us the life and times of Raymond Chandler through his own writing-from the acclaimed editor of The Letters of Noël C [...]
- Within arm's length : a Secret Service agent's definitive inside account of protecting the president / Dan Emmett.
"Dan Emmett was just eight years old when President John F. Kennedy was assassinated. The events surrounding the President's death shaped th [...]
- Don't die with your music still in you : my experience growing up with spiritual parents / Serena J. Dyer and Dr. Wayne W. Dyer.
- Diary of a mad diva / Joan Rivers.
The legendary comedian presents the contents of her diary, offering insights, quips, musings, and critiques on her daily life, pop culture, and celebr [...]
- Tomlinson Hill : the remarkable story of two families who share the Tomlinson name-- one white, one black / by Chris Tomlinson ; foreword by LaDanian Tomlinson.
"Foreign correspondent Chris Tomlinson returns to Texas to discover the truth about his family's slave owning history. Tomlinson Hill tells [...]
- Hören Sie gut zu und wiederholen Sie. English
After founding a political party meant to satirize his country's government, the Icelandic comedian won election as the mayor of Reykjavík [...]
- Rush FAQ : all that's left to know about rock's greatest power trio / Max Mobley.
- Nirvana FAQ : all that's left to know about the most important band of the 1990s / John D. Luerssen.
- Here comes everybody : the story of the Pogues / James Fearnley.
Tells the story of the Pogues from their time as a successful Irish folk band to their more trying days, when lead singer Shane MacGowan's strugg [...]
- Why football matters : my education in the game / Mark Edmundson.
- Let the tornado come : a memoir / Rita Zoey Chin.
"From an award-winning poet comes this riveting, gorgeous memoir about a young runaway, the trauma that haunted her as an adult, and the friendsh [...]
- I heard my country calling : a memoir / James Webb.
The decorated former Secretary of the Navy reflects on his military family's post-World War II experiences, discussing such topics as his accompl [...]
- Come fly with me : Michael Bublé's rise to stardom : a memoir / Beverly Delich with Shelley Fralic.
Michael Bublé's former manager shares her story of the singer's rise to stardom and her part in it, from her early life and career in [...]
- Brando's smile : his life, thought, and work / Susan L. Mizruchi.
Drawing from the actor's personal letters, audiotapes, and annotations on screenplays and books, the author paints a unique picture of the legend [...]
- Birding with Yeats : a memoir / Lynn Thomson.
A mother describes the times she spent bird watching with her teenage son, Yeats, and how these experiences highlight the intricacies of their relatio [...]
- Unstill life : a daughter's memoir of art and love in the age of abstraction / Gabrielle Selz.
The daughter of the curator at the New York Museum of Modern Art describes her childhood growing up amidst the glamorous gallery openings and celebrat [...]
- Trauma red : the making of a surgeon in war and in America's cities / Dr. Peter Rhee with Gordon Dillow.
Documents the life story of the trauma surgeon who helped save Congresswoman Gabby Giffords, describing his upbringing in South Korea and Africa, his [...]
- Throwback : a big-league catcher tells how the game is really played / Jason Kendall and Lee Judge.
"Structured to mirror the flow of a baseball game, THROWBACK covers everything that happens both in plain sight and behind the scenes (or sometim [...]
- The mockingbird next door : life with Harper Lee / Marja Mills.
"One journalist's memoir of her personal friendship with Harper Lee and her sister, drawing on the extraordinary access they gave her to sha [...]
powered by RSS Just Better 1.3 plugin