- The news sorority : Diane Sawyer, Katie Couric, Christiane Amanpour and the (ongoing, imperfect, complicated) triumph of women in TV news / Sheila Weller.
A provocative critique of three influential women in television broadcast news draws on exclusive interviews with colleagues and confidantes to reveal [...]
- You might remember me : the life and times of Phil Hartman / Mike Thomas.
Drawing on interviews, letters, recordings, and police records, an investigative journalist chronicles the life of "Saturday Night Live" sta [...]
- While the gods were sleeping : a journey through love and rebellion in Nepal / by Elizabeth Enslin.
"Love and marriage brought American anthropologist Elizabeth Enslin to a world she never planned to make her own: a life among Brahman in-laws in [...]
- My family and other hazards : a memoir / June Melby.
"When June Melby was ten years old, her parents decided on a whim to buy the miniature golf course in the small Wisconsin town where they vacatio [...]
- Michael Jackson, Inc : the rise, fall and rebirth of a billion-dollar empire / Zack O'Malley Greenburg.
Chronicles the rise and fall of Michael Jackson's billion-dollar business, revealing how his pioneering merchandising practices and savvy investm [...]
- Glow : the autobiography of Rick James / Rick James with David Ritz.
"Best known for his song "Super Freak," hitmaker, singer, innovator, producer, award-winning pioneer in the fusion of funk groove and r [...]
- Blood aces : the wild ride of Benny Binion, the Texas gangster who created Vegas poker / Doug J. Swanson.
"The astonishing story of Benny Binion-a rip-roaring saga of murder, money, and the making of Las Vegas Benny Binion was many things: a cowboy, a [...]
- Sons of Wichita : how the Koch brothers became America's most powerful and private dynasty / Daniel Schulman.
Follows the lives of the wealthy and powerful family that built one of the largest private corporations in the world despite an epic, decades-long feu [...]
- By the book : writers on literature and the literary life from the New York Times Book Review / edited and with an introduction by Pamela Paul ; foreword by Scott Turow ; illustrations by Jillian Tamaki.
"Sixty-five of the world's leading writers open up about the books and authors that have meant the most to them. Every Sunday, readers of Th [...]
- Salt, sweat, tears : the men who rowed the oceans / Adam Rackley.
"The true-life adventure of two men who rowed across the Atlantic Ocean and the history of those who came before More people have climbed Mount E [...]
- What I know for sure / Oprah Winfrey.
Collects inspirational wisdom shared by the cultural icon as penned for her "O" column throughout years marked by her retirement from her sh [...]
- Dr. Mütter's marvels : a true tale of intrigue and innovation at the dawn of modern medicine / by Cristin O'Keefe Aptowicz.
A mesmerizing biography of the brilliant and eccentric medical innovator who revolutionized American surgery and founded the country's most famou [...]
- Eichmann vor Jerusalem. English
"A total re-assessment of the life of Adolf Eichmann that reveals his activities and notoriety amongst a global network of National Socialists fo [...]
- Nixon's secrets / Roger Stone with Mike Colapietro.
Examines the rise and fall of Richard Nixon and argues that John Dean was behind the Watergate break-in and cover-up, that Al Haig was responsible for [...]
- I didn't come here to make friends : confessions of a reality show villain / Courtney Robertson with Deb Baer.
Revealing the love, heartbreak, and reality behind reality television, a former "Bachelor" contestant who quickly became the biggest villain [...]
- Coming to my senses : one woman's cochlear implant journey / Claire H. Blatchford.
- Clinton, Inc. : the audacious rebuilding of a political machine / Daniel Halper.
Exhaustively researched and drawn from exclusive documents and detailed interviews, an investigative reporter reveals the strategy the Clintons used a [...]
- Warren G. Harding and the Marion Daily Star : how newspapering shaped a president / Sheryl Smart Hall.
- Man on the run : Paul McCartney in the 1970s / Tom Doyle.
Based on exclusive first-hand interviews, a chronicle of Paul McCartney's struggles in the first decade after the Beatles' breakup discusses [...]
- Murder in the stacks : Penn State, Betsy Aardsma, and the killer who got away / David DeKok.
" On Nov. 28, 1969, Betsy Aardsma, a 22-year-old graduate student in English at Penn State, was stabbed to death in the stacks of Pattee Library [...]
- I know why the caged bird sings / Maya Angelou.
The author and poet recalls the anguish of her childhood in Arkansas and her adolescence in northern slums.
- Dear Leader : poet, spy, escapee-- a look inside North Korea / Jang Jin-sung ; translated by Shirley Lee.
"In this rare insider's view into contemporary North Korea, a high-ranking counterintelligence agent describes his life as a former poet lau [...]
- A view from a broad / Bette Midler ; photography by Sean Russell.
The noted singer's notes from abroad, written during a nonstop concert tour through Europe and Australia, present the Divine Miss M's bawdy, [...]
- A long way home : a memoir / Saroo Brierley with Larry Buttrose.
"The miraculous and triumphant story of a young man who rediscovers not only his childhood life and home...but an identity long-since left behind [...]
- Lost and Found in Johannesburg, a memoir / Mark Gevisser.
"An inner life of Johannesburg that turns on the author's fascination with maps, boundaries, and transgressions This singular memoir begins [...]
- Chaucer's Tale : 1386 and the Road to Canterbury / Paul Strohm.
" A lively microbiography of Chaucer that tells the story of the tumultuous year that led to the creation of The Canterbury Tales. In 1386, Geoff [...]
- The world of Raymond Chandler : in his own words / edited by Barry Day.
"The first book to give us the life and times of Raymond Chandler through his own writing-from the acclaimed editor of The Letters of Noël C [...]
- Within arm's length : a Secret Service agent's definitive inside account of protecting the president / Dan Emmett.
"Dan Emmett was just eight years old when President John F. Kennedy was assassinated. The events surrounding the President's death shaped th [...]
- Don't die with your music still in you : my experience growing up with spiritual parents / Serena J. Dyer and Dr. Wayne W. Dyer.
- Diary of a mad diva / Joan Rivers.
The legendary comedian presents the contents of her diary, offering insights, quips, musings, and critiques on her daily life, pop culture, and celebr [...]
powered by RSS Just Better 1.3 plugin