- The job : true tales from the life of a New York City cop / by Steve Osborne.
- Romantic outlaws : the extraordinary lives of Mary Wollstonecraft and her daughter Mary Shelley / by Charlotte Gordon.
"Mary Wollstonecraft (1759-1797) and her daughter Mary Shelley (1797-1851) have each been the subject of numerous biographies by top tier writers [...]
- Patrick Leigh Fermor : an adventure / Artemis Cooper.
"Patrick Leigh Fermor's enviably colorful life took off when in 1934, at the age of eighteen, he decided to walk across Europe. In just over [...]
- If the oceans were ink : an unlikely friendship and a journey to the heart of the Qurʼan / Carla Power.
- Another little piece of my heart : my life of rock and revolution in the '60s / Richard Goldstein.
"In 1966, at the ripe age of 22, Richard Goldstein approached The Village Voice with a novel idea. "I want to be a rock critic," he sai [...]
- Alfred Hitchcock : the man who knew too much / Michael Wood.
- The rose hotel : a memoir of secrets, loss, and love from Iran to America / Rahimeh Andalibian.
"In this searing memoir, Iran-born author Rahimeh Andalibian tells the story of her family: their struggle to survive the 1979 revolution, their [...]
- Welcome to my breakdown : a memoir / Benilde Little.
"The nationally bestselling author of Good Hair and The Itch pens her first book of nonfiction, a "momoir" about her own journey caring [...]
- Amish confidential : looking for trouble on Heaven's back roads / by Levi Stoltzfus and Ellis Henican.
""Lebanon" Levi Stoltzfus, star of the #1 top-rated Discovery Channel reality show Amish Mafia, delivers a sizzling tell-all about Amis [...]
- Hammer head : the making of a carpenter / Nina MacLaughlin.
Combining sage advice from Ovid and Mary Oliver with practical descriptions of tools and varieties of wood, the author, who quit her desk job to becom [...]
- The Reaper : autobiography of one of the deadliest special ops snipers / Nicholas Irving with Gary Brozek.
A memoir by a Special Operations Direct Action Sniper traces his extraordinary career during the War on Terror, which was marked by his record-setting [...]
- Shell shocked : my life with the Turtles, Flo & Eddie, and Frank Zappa, etc. ... / Howard Kaylan with Jeff Tamarkin.
The singer of the Turtles' iconic 1967 song "Happy Together" recounts his life as a player in the rock and roll revolution, chronicling [...]
- No simple highway : a cultural history of the Grateful Dead / Peter Richardson.
"For almost three decades, the Grateful Dead was America's most popular touring band. No Simple Highway is the first book to ask the simple [...]
- The living years : the first Genesis memoir / Mike Rutherford.
- One more step : my story of living with cerebral palsy, climbing Kilimanjaro, and surviving the hardest race on earth / Bonner Paddock.
- Sympathy for the devil : four decades of friendship with Gore Vidal / Michael Mewshaw.
"A generous, entertaining, intimate look at Gore Vidal, a man who prided himself on being difficult to know. Detached and ironic; a master of the [...]
- The mad boy, Lord Berners, my grandmother and me / An Aristocratic Family, a High-society Scandal and an Extraordinary Legacy Sofka Zinovieff.
- The work : the search for a life that matters / Wes Moore.
"Wes Moore's remarkable bestseller The Other Wes Moore ends when Wes completes his journey from a fatherless delinquent to college graduate [...]
- Call me Debbie : true confessions of a down-to-earth diva / Deborah Voigt with Natasha Stoynoff.
An internationally beloved opera star recounts her private battles to overcome alcoholism and self-destructive tendencies, offers insights into the ro [...]
- Irritable hearts : a PTSD love story / Mac McClelland.
"In 2010, human rights reporter Mac McClelland left Haiti after covering the devastation of the earthquake. Back home, she finds herself imaginin [...]
- The reluctant psychic : a memoir / Suzan Victoria Saxman, with Perdita Finn.
A woman who saw ghosts and spirits all around from an early age discusses growing up in a dysfunctional family in 1960s Staten Island and how she quie [...]
- The match girl and the heiress / Seth Koven.
"Nellie Dowell was a match-factory girl in Victorian London who spent her early years consigned to orphanages and hospitals. Muriel Lester, the d [...]
- The art of asking, or, how I learned to stop worrying and let people help / Amanda Palmer ; foreword by Brené Brown.
The lead singer of The Dresden Dolls reveals how she has used the power of social networking to meet basic survival needs, make friends, and strengthe [...]
- Empire of deception / by Dean Jobb.
"It was a time of unregulated madness. And nowhere was it madder than in Chicago at the dawn of the Roaring Twenties. Speakeasies thrived, gang w [...]
- Dear father : breaking the cycle of pain / J. Ivy.
"Grammy Award-winning artist and poet J. Ivy bares his soul in this inspirational memoir of pain transformed into healing and empowerment. Known [...]
- The Life of Saul Bellow : to fame and fortune, 1915-1964 / by Zachary Leader.
"Based on much heretofore unavailable archival material and access to close relations, and extraordinary for the diligence of its scholarship, th [...]
- You can't make this up : miracles, memories, and the perfect marriage of sports and television / Al Michaels ; with L. Jon Wertheim.
The respected sports broadcaster interweaves the story of his life and career with tales of major events and engaging figures in modern sports, from t [...]
- Where a man stands : two different worlds, an impossible situation, and the unexpected friendship that changed everything / Carter Paysinger and Steven Fenton.
Traces the experiences of a disadvantaged black youth who after receiving an education at Beverly Hills High became one of its teachers, eventually pa [...]
- Thirteen soldiers : a personal history of Americans at war / John McCain and Mark Salter.
Presents an evocative history of Americans at war through the personal accounts of thirteen remarkable soldiers who fought in major military conflicts [...]
- The annotated mixtape / Joshua Harmon.
"Most of the time," Theodor Adorno has noted, "records are virtual photographs of their owners." The Annotated Mixtape, a memoir o [...]
powered by RSS Just Better 1.3 plugin