- In altre parole. English
"A series of reflections on the author's experiences learning a new language and living abroad, in a dual-language edition"-- Provided [...]
- Russell Kirk, American conservative / American Conservative Bradley J. Birzer.
- Lady Byron & her daughters / Julia Markus.
"A startling reevaluation of Lady Byron's marriage and the untold story of her complex life as a single mother and progressive force. Far fr [...]
- Destiny and power : the American odyssey of George Herbert Walker Bush / Jon Meacham.
"Advance praise for Destiny and Power: 'Altogether fair, insightful. A portrait made especially compelling by the author's remarkable a [...]
- The richest man who ever lived : the life and times of Jacob Fugger / Greg Steinmetz.
"The life and times of the wealthiest man who ever lived--Jacob Fugger--the Renaissance banker who revolutionized the art of making money and est [...]
- Pitch by pitch : my view of one unforgettable game / Bob Gibson with Lonnie Wheeler.
"Pitch by Pitch gets inside Bob Gibson's head on the evening of October 2, 1968, when he took the mound in Game One of the World Series agai [...]
- Year of yes / How to Dance It Out, Stand In the Sun and Be Your Own Person Shonda Rhimes.
The creator of "Grey's Anatomy" and "Scandal" details the one-year experiment with saying "yes" that transformed he [...]
- White matter : a memoir of family and medicine / Janet Sternburg.
- Unbreakable : a Navy SEAL's way of life / Thom Shea.
A veteran Navy SEAL decorated for valor describes his experiences serving and lessons learned about leadership and excellence, in the memoir he wrote [...]
- The light between us : Stories from heaven. Lessons for the living. / Laura Lynne Jackson.
- The garden of Monsieur Monet / Giancarlo Ascari, Pia Valentinis.
Describes how the French painter Claude Monet created the gardens at his home in Giverny and places them in the context of his life and his art.
- St. Paul : the apostle we love to hate / Karen Armstrong.
"A stirring account of the life of Paul, who brought Christianity to the Jews, by the most popular writer on religion in the English-speaking wor [...]
- Promised by heaven : a doctor's return from the afterlife to a destiny of love and healing / Dr. Mary Helen Hensley.
The author relates how she left her body and entered Heaven during a traffic accident, where she was greeted by two angels who encouraged her to retur [...]
- Master of thin air : life and death on the world's highest peaks / Andrew Lock ; foreword by Peter Hillary.
The author details the many dangerous mountain climbing expeditions he has been on, including summiting the fourteen peaks in the world that exceed ei [...]
- Forgotten : the untold story of D-Day's Black heroes, at home and at war / Linda Hervieux.
Reveals the story of the 320th Barrage Balloon Battalion, discussing how the all Black battalion faced prejudice both at home and at war due to Jim Cr [...]
- Chapter and verse : New Order, Joy Division and me / Bernard Sumner.
The lead guitarist of the seminal post-punk group, Joy Division, describes his Manchester youth, his early career in a fledgling post-punk movement, t [...]
- A numerate life : a mathematician explores the vagaries of life, his and probably yours / by John Allen Paulos.
- Strong looks better naked / Khloé Kardashian.
The reality television celebrity talks about her childhood and relationship with her sisters and provides advice about keeping fit, eating the right f [...]
- Sam Phillips : the man who invented rock 'n' roll / Peter Guralnick.
Draws on interviews and firsthand personal observations extending throughout a twenty-five-year period with both Phillips and legendary Sun Records ar [...]
- The Brothers Vonnegut : science and fiction in the house of magic / Ginger Strand.
"Worlds collide in this true story of weather control in the Cold War era and the making of Kurt Vonnegut In the mid-1950s, Kurt Vonnegut takes a [...]
- The three-year swim club : the untold story of Maui's sugar ditch kids and their quest for Olympic glory / Julie Checkoway.
Offers an inspiring story of how a group of poor Japanese American kids from Hawaii, the children of sugar plantation workers, were transformed into O [...]
- My year of running dangerously : a dad, a daughter, and a ridiculous plan / Tom Foreman.
"CNN correspondent Tom Foreman's remarkable journey from half-hearted couch potato to ultra-marathon runner, with four half-marathons, three [...]
- Home is burning : a memoir / Dan Marshall.
The author recounts how he and his four siblings cared for their parents after their mother experienced a cancer relapse and his father was diagnosed [...]
- The lure of long distances : why we run / Robin Harvie.
"Amateur ultra-distance runner Robin Harvie ran his first marathon after a bet. He has never broken a record and has never won a single race in h [...]
- The devil's chessboard : Allen Dulles, the CIA, and the rise of America's secret government / David Talbot.
Describes how the longest-serving director of the CIA befriended the wealthy elite, targeted foreign leaders for assassination, and manipulated Americ [...]
- The Lion of Sabray : the Afghani warrior who defied the Taliban and saved the life of Navy Seal Marcus Luttrell / Patrick Robinson.
"Patrick Robinson, coauthor of the #1 New York Times bestseller Lone Survivor shares the gripping untold story of Mohammed Gulab, the Pashtun war [...]
- Navigating grace : a solo voyage of survival and redemption / Jeff Jay.
"Jeff Jay's recent life was full of tragedy: his marriage had ended, his father had passed away, his brother had committed suicide, and Jeff [...]
- William Cameron Menzies : the shape of films to come / James Curtis.
An acclaimed film historian and biographer presents a portrait of an artist--and winner of the first ever Academy Award for Art Direction for two pict [...]
- Unlikeable : the problem with Hillary / Edward Klein.
Presents a critical assessment of Hillary Clinton to consider why she may not be a popular choice for the American presidency.
- Works. Selections
"From the acclaimed New Yorker writer and editor, a compendium of writings that celebrate the view from the tenth decade of his richly lived life [...]
- The valley of the shadow of death : a tale of tragedy and redemption / Kermit Alexander, Alex Gerould, and Jeff Snipes.
Recounts the events surrounding the murder of the author's mother, sister, and two young nephews in a home invasion, his subsequent efforts to fi [...]
- Gubbe och Katt. English
"The Old Man and The Cat is a story of how Nils Uddenberg, retired Professor of Psychology became a beloved cat-owner even though he had never wa [...]
- The age of Clinton : America in the 1990s / Gil Troy.
- Pound for pound : a story of one woman's recovery and the shelter dogs who loved her back to life / Shannon Kopp.
Recounts the author's struggle with an eating disorder and how caring for shelter dogs gave her the strength and courage to heal.
- My adventures with your money : George Graham Rice and the golden age of the con artist / T.D. Thornton.
"Today, we talk about Bernard Madoff, but in the early 20th century, they talked about George Graham Rice. Born Jacob Simon Herzig in 1870, he la [...]
- Mr. Smith goes to prison ; what my year behind bars taught me about America's prison crisis / Jeff Smith.
The former politician shares his account of the U.S. prison system based on the year he spent as an inmate at FCI Manchester in Kentucky, with a pract [...]
- Kepler and the universe : how one man revolutionized astronomy / David K. Love.
- Goddess of love incarnate : the life of stripteuse Lili St. Cyr / Leslie Zemeckis.
"Lili St. Cyr was, in the words of legendary reporter Mike Wallace, the "highest paid stripteaser in America." Lili led an incredible l [...]
- Different every time : the authorised biography of Robert Wyatt / Marcus O'Dair.
- Diary of a Jackwagon / Tim Hawkins with John Driver.
The author shares his humorous take on life, marriage, food, education, popular culture, and Christian faith.
- Behind the smile : a story of Carol Moseley Braun's historic senate campaign / Jeannie Morris.
"In 1992, Carol Moseley Braun became the first, and to this day only, African-American woman elected to the US Senate. Long before this historic [...]
- All the things we never knew : chasing the chaos of mental illness / Sheila Hamilton.
- Always pack a party dress : and other lessons learned from a (half) life in fashion / Amanda Brooks.
"Amanda Brooks, author of the bestselling I Love Your Style, shares her personal stories, and sartorial highs and lows, from a life in fashion, w [...]
- The year of fear : Machine Gun Kelly and the manhunt that changed the nation / Joe Urschel.
"It's 1933 and Prohibition has given rise to the American gangster. Bank robberies at gunpoint are commonplace and kidnapping for ransom is [...]
- Rosemary : the hidden Kennedy daughter / Kate Clifford Larson.
- Street god : the explosive true story of a former drug boss on the run from the hood--and the courageous mission that drove him back / Dimas Salaberrios, with Angela Hunt.
- The invention of nature : Alexander von Humboldt's new world / Andrea Wulf.
A portrait of the German naturalist reveals his ongoing influence on humanity's relationship with the natural world today, discussing such topics [...]
- Rescue road : one man, thirty thousand dogs, and a million miles on the last hope highway / Peter Zheutlin.
- Prince of darkness : the untold story of Jeremiah G. Hamilton, Wall Street's first black millionaire / Shane White.
- Pope Francis : untying the knots : the struggle for the soul of Catholicism / Paul Vallely.
Recounts the life of Pope Francis, focusing on his time as the leader of Argentina's Jesuits, his behavior during the Dirty War, and his mission [...]
powered by RSS Just Better 1.3 plugin