- Marbeck and the king-in-waiting / John Pilkington.
"Spring, 1603: Queen Elizabeth is dying, and England waits anxiously. The Virgin Queen hasn't named an heir, refusing even to speak. Her cou [...]
- Gone in a flash / Susan Rogers Cooper.
- Purgatory / Ken Bruen.
Juggling a precarious balance between his physical and addiction recovery efforts, former cop Jack Taylor investigates the work of a vigilante killer [...]
- A Catered Christmas cookie exchange / Iris Crawford.
Bernie and Libby Simmons, caterers extraordinaire, are hosting a televised cookie contest just in time for Christmas, but unfriendly rivalries cook up [...]
- Best American mystery stories 2013 / edited and with an introduction by Lisa Scottoline ; Otto Penzler, series editor.
Lisa Scottoline selects a variety of works of American mystery writing as the best of the genre from the year 2013.
- The price of innocence / Lisa Black.
- The clocks : a Hercule Poirot mystery / Agatha Christie.
Sheila Webb expected to find a respectable blind lady waiting for her at 19 Wilbraham Crescentnot the body of a middle-aged man sprawled across the li [...]
- Killer's art / Mari Jungstedt ; English language translation, Tiina Nunnally.
It is a cold wintry morning in the picturesque port town of Visby when art dealer Egon Wallin's battered and naked body is found suspended feet f [...]
- Critical mass / Sara Paretsky.
V.I. Warshawski's closest friend in Chicago is the Viennese-born doctor Lotty Herschel, who lost most of her family in the Holocaust. Lotty escap [...]
- Silent night : a Spenser Holiday novel / Robert B. Parker with Helen Brann.
"It's December in Boston, and Spenser is busy planning the menu for Christmas dinner when he's confronted in his office by a young boy [...]
- Murder on the Orient Espresso / Sandra Balzo.
When Maggy Thorsen and her beau, Sheriff Jake Pavlik, set out on a theatrical recreation of "Murder on the Orient Express" on a train ride t [...]
- Almost true confessions : closet sleuth spills all / Jane O'Connor.
When Rannie arrives at the East Side apartment of reclusive author Ret Sullivan, she finds more than the final draft of the manuscript waiting for her [...]
- Secondhand stiff : an Odelia Grey mystery / Sue Ann Jaffarian.
- Pray for the dying / Quintin Jardine.
- A murder in passing / Mark de Castrique.
While hunting mushrooms on the site of an historic freed-slave commune called The Kingdom of the Happy Land, Detective Sam Blackman stumbles upon a sk [...]
- Inherit the dead : a novel / by Mark Billingham ... [et al.] ; edited by Jonathan Santlofer ; with an introduction by Lee Child and an afterword by Linda Fairstein.
Perry Christo is a P.I. with a past. A former cop, he lost his badge and his family when a corruption scandal left him broke and disgraced. When wealt [...]
- Matters of doubt : a Cal Claxton Oregon mystery / Warren C. Easley.
Cal Claxton is determined to reinvent himself from an L.A. prosecutor to a small town lawyer when a tattooed kid shows up asking for help in solving h [...]
- Spider woman's daughter : a Leaphorn and Chee novel / Anne Hillerman.
When one of her colleagues is gunned down, Navajo Nation Police Officer Bernadette Manality helps her husband, Sergeant Jim Chee, find the shooter and [...]
- The bride wore size 12 / Meg Cabot.
With her upcoming nuptials to PI Cooper Cartwright only weeks away, Heather's already stressed. When a pretty junior turns up dead, and every stu [...]
- Death in St James's Park / Susanna Gregory.
Five years after Charles II's triumphant return to London there is growing mistrust of his extravagant court and of corruption among his official [...]
- Mykonos after midnight / Jeffrey Siger.
"Mykonos holds tight to its past even as it transforms from an obscure, impoverished Aegean island into a tourist mecca and summertime playground [...]
- The whispering of bones / Judith Rock.
- The Raven's Eye : A Brock and Kolla Mystery / Barry Maitland.
"DCI David Brock and DI Kathy Kolla, of Scotland Yard, find themselves pulled into a case of murder, a mysterious death among the houseboats that [...]
- Ghost medicine / Aimée Thurlo, David Thurlo.
"Former Navajo Police officer Harry Ute's body is found in an isolated part of the Navajo Reservation, rumored to be skinwalker country. Thi [...]
- Deadly catch : a Mac McClellan mystery / E. Michael Helms.
"After twenty-four years in the marines, Mac McClellan is happy to be a civilian again and let others take charge, but that's not going to h [...]
- A Cruise to die for : an Alix London mystery / Charlotte and Aaron Elkins.
This should be the cushiest job Alix London's ever had. The second Alix London mystery finds the art restorer in a world brimming with idle luxur [...]
- A player to be maimed later : a Lloyd Keaton mystery / John Billheimer.
- An Old Betrayal : A Charles Lenox Mystery / Charles Finch.
"In the seventh book of Finch's bestselling series of Victorian mysteries, a case of mistaken identity has Charles Lenox playing for his hig [...]
- The bones of Paris : a novel of suspense / Laurie R. King.
Paris, France: September 1929. Private investigator Harris Stuyvesant, on the hunt for a missing twenty-two year old woman from Boston, must descend i [...]
- Jump the gun : an Annabelle Starkey mystery / Zoe Burke.
Publicist Annabelle Starkey and classic movie fan Mickey Paxton find themselves being chased from Vegas to the San Francisco area by some bad cops, a [...]
powered by RSS Just Better 1.3 plugin