- The map to everywhere / by Carrie Ryan & John Parke Davis ; illustrations by Todd Harris.
Twelve-year-old Fin, a master thief from the pirate world of Khaznot Quay, and Marrill, also twelve, of Arizona, cross paths in the magical world of t [...]
- Running out of night / Sharon Lovejoy.
"Journey of an abused twelve-year-old white girl and an escaped slave girl who run away together and form a bond of friendship while seeking free [...]
- Diary of a wimpy kid : the long haul / by Jeff Kinney.
The Heffley family road trip starts off full of promise, then quickly takes several wrong turns--with everything from a fender bender to crazed seagul [...]
- The zero degree zombie zone / Patrik Henry Bass ; illustrations by Jerry Craft.
Fourth-grader Bakari Katari Johnson is having a really bad day--class bullies Tariq and Keisha are mad at him, his best friend Wardell has nominated h [...]
- The witch's boy / Kelly Barnhill.
When a Bandit King comes to take the magic that Ned's mother, a witch, is meant to protect, the stuttering, weak boy villagers think should have [...]
- The troubles of Johnny Cannon / Isaiah Campbell.
In 1961 Alabama, twelve-year-old Johnny tries to keep his promise to look after his disabled Pa when his older brother leaves for military service, bu [...]
- The swallow : a ghost story / Charis Cotter.
In 1960s Toronto, two girls retreat to their attics to escape the loneliness and isolation of their lives. Polly lives in a house bursting at the seam [...]
- The secrets of Eastcliff-by-the-Sea : the story of Annaliese Easterling & Throckmorton, her simply remarkable sock monkey / Eileen Beha ; illustrated by Sarah Jane Wright.
Relates an abandoned sock monkey's adventurous quest to reunite his owner with the one person she most longs to know.
- The orphan and the mouse / by Martha Freeman ; drawings by David McPhail.
In 1949 Philadephia, Mary Mouse and an orphan named Caro embark on an adventure when they team up to expose criminals and make the Cherry Street Orpha [...]
- Precious and the mystery of the missing lion
Staying with Aunty Bee at a safari camp in the Botswana countryside where a film crew is making a movie about a lion, nine-year-old Precious Ramotswe [...]
- The missing pieces of me / Jean Van Leeuwen.
When nothing she does seems to please her mother, Weezie decides to find her missing father.
- The madman of Piney Woods / Christopher Paul Curtis.
Even though it is now 1901, the people of Buxton, Canada (originally a settlement of runaway slaves) and Chatham, Canada are still haunted by two even [...]
- The key that swallowed Joey Pigza / Jack Gantos.
"Everything goes topsy-turvy for Joey as he becomes the man of the house, looking after his new baby brother, taking care of his troubled mother, [...]
- The iron trial / Holly Black and Cassandra Clare ; with illustrations by Scott Fischer.
Warned away from magic all of his life, Callum endeavors to fail the trials that would admit him to the Magisterium only to be drawn into its ranks ag [...]
- The Eye of Zoltar / Jasper Fforde.
Sixteen-year-old Jennifer Strange faces the impossible when the mighty Shandar emerges from his preserved state and presents her with a task that send [...]
- The Doll people set sail / Ann M. Martin & Laura Godwin ; illustrated by Brett Helquist.
"Annabelle Doll, Tiffany Funcraft, and their families journey far from home"-- Provided by publisher.
- The circus goes to sea / Kate Klise ; illustrated by M. Sarah Klise.
Many surprises are in store when Miss Flora Endora Eliza LaBuena LaPasta invites Sir Sidney's Circus to travel and perform aboard her elegant shi [...]
- The badger knight / Kathryn Erskine.
In England in 1346 Adrian has three problems: he is small for his twelve years, he is an albino, so people are suspicious of him, and his father wants [...]
- Searching for Silverheels / Jeannie Mobley.
In Colorado during World War I, a young, romantically minded girl and an old, bitter woman suffragist debate a local legend and examine the role of wo [...]
- Sammy Keyes and the kiss goodbye / by Wendelin Van Draanen.
"Sammy Keyes has spent the last few years solving other people's mysteries; now her friends (and some foes) come together to unmask the fien [...]
- Revealed / Margaret Peterson Haddix.
After returning the missing children from history to their original time periods, thirteen-year-old Jonah must save time itself when aviator Charles L [...]
- Pathfinder / Angie Sage ; illustrations by Mark Zug.
"13-year-old Alice TodHunter Moon goes in search of her friend Ferdie, who has been kidnapped by the malevolent Lady, encountering Septimus Heap, [...]
- On track for treasure / Wendy McClure.
"When the town sheriff discovers the exact location of 'Wanderville,' the orphans who live there--Jack, Frances, Harold, Alexander, and [...]
- Nightmares! / Jason Segel, Kirsten Miller ; illustrated by Karl Kwasny.
"Twelve-year-old Charlie and his friends must stop nightmares from taking over their town before it's too late"-- Provided by publisher [...]
- The yeti files : meet the bigfeet / Kevin Sherry.
Blizz Richards is a caring boss, a family man, and an all around great guy who also happens to be a yeti, but when someone tries to prove the existenc [...]
- Lug, dawn of the Ice Age : how one small boy saved our big, dumb species / David Zeltser ; illustrated by J.P. Coovert.
"Lug is a cave boy who would rather paint than fight. When he is banished from his clan, he and his two friends discover that the Ice Age is comi [...]
- Kinda like brothers / Coe Booth.
When his mother takes in a twelve-year-old foster boy, Jarrett is forced to share his room and his friends with the new boy.
- Half a world away / Cynthia Kadohata.
Twelve-year-old Jaden, an emotionally damaged adopted boy fascinated by electricity, feels a connection to a small, weak toddler with special needs in [...]
- First team / Tim Green.
"The companion novel to New Kid, where Brock is in another new town after being on the run with his dad again, and this time, he joins the footba [...]
- Dangerous deception / Peg Kehret.
Sixth-grader Emmy and her classmates start a secret community service project to help a hungry family, but soon Emmy finds herself involved in a home [...]
powered by RSS Just Better 1.3 plugin