- Young Frank, architect / by Frank Viva ; designed by Frank Viva.
"Young Frank is an architect. He lives in New York with his grandfather, Old Frank, who is also an architect, and their dog, Eddie. The two archi [...]
- The tortoise & the hare / Jerry Pinkney.
Illustrations and minimal text relate the familiar fable of the race between a slow tortoise and a quick but foolish hare.
- A surprise for Junior / Jenny White ; illustrated by James Piggott.
- Jack and the Beanstalk : a folk tale classic / Paul Galdone.
Jack climbs the great beanstalk that grows from the bean he bought and confronts a giant at the top.
- How to train a train / Jason Carter Eaton ; illustrated by John Rocco.
A whimsical guide to training a "pet train" instructs young enthusiasts about important issues including where trains live, what they like t [...]
- Little Burro / Jim Arnosky.
"When Little Burro's band of burros leaves her canyon, Little Burro does not want to follow, but she soon finds out that visiting new places [...]
- Elecopter / Michael Slack.
"Fly along with Elecopter as she soars above the savannah, patrolling the skies with her fire-hose nose at the ready. The other animals are safe [...]
- Ling & Ting share a birthday / by Grace Lin.
"Identical twins Ling and Ting celebrate their birthday by sharing gifts and making wishes"-- Provided by publisher.
- Mr. Tiger goes wild / by Peter Brown.
Bored with city life and the proper behavior it requires, Mr. Tiger has a wild idea that leads him to discover his true nature.
- Hullet. English.
"The protagonist of The Hole finds a hole in his new apartment and tries to find an explanation for it. He seeks expert advice, but there is no w [...]
- The busy little squirrel / Nancy Tafuri.
The leaves have started to fall. The air is cold. Squirrel needs to get ready for winter. He cannot nibble with the mice. He does not have time to hop [...]
- Ten orange pumpkins / a counting book by Stephen Savage.
"In this Halloween countdown book, ten orange pumpkins are each carried off by a witch, a ghost, a spider, and other Halloween creatures until th [...]
- Thomas Jefferson builds a library / Barb Rosenstock ; illustrated by John O'Brien.
Thomas Jefferson loved to read and collect books on almost every subject. He built his first library as a young man, and kept on building until his bo [...]
- Quelque chose de grand. English.
"A big one and a little one talk together. The little one is upset because he wants to do something big even though he is still small. They go fo [...]
- The zoo I drew / by Todd H. Doodler.
A child who visited the zoo at age two shares drawings and rhymes featuring an animal for each letter of the alphabet.
- When lions roar / by Robie H. Harris ; illustrated by Chris Raschka.
Loud, scary noises frighten a child until quiet and calmness return.
- Thunderstorm / Arthur Geisert.
Presents an illustrated account of a storm that moves through a Midwestern farming region over the course of several hours that is documented by a tim [...]
- Is this Panama? : a migration story / written by Jan Thornhill ; illustrated by Soyeon Kim.
- See what a seal can do / Chris Butterworth ; illustrated by Kate Nelms.
A portrait of seal characteristics and life explains how seals appear to be slow and sleepy creatures on land but are powerful, graceful, and dynamic [...]
- Beavers / by Gail Gibbons.
Introduces beavers, describing where they live, how they build dams, what they eat, how they communicate, their physical features, and their family li [...]
- ABC dinosaurs / [written and illustrated by Scott Hartman].
Presents an A to Z guide to dinosaurs, from Apatosaurus to Zupaysaurus. On board pages.
- ABC animals.
Teaches the alphabet while providing facts about animals that begin with each letter, from armadillo to zebra.
- Train / Elisha Cooper.
Board a commuter train in New York, then follow the journey west and see the stations, the scenery, the different types of trains, and all the people [...]
- Walt Disney's Mickey Mouse tales : vintage tales from Disney's most popular animated short films.
Originally published in "Good Housekeeping" magazine, a collection of fifty favorite one-page poetic adaptations of classic Disney cartoons [...]
- The really rotten princess and the cupcake catastrophe / by Lady Cecily Snodgrass ; illustrated by Mike Lester.
"The princesses at Miss Prunerot's school are planning a bake sale featuring Regina's special cupcakes. Regina can't resist the te [...]
- Nanno Gyôretsu. English
A little bird keeps order as fifty different animals wait in a slow-moving single file line in a surprising place.
- Scribbles and Ink : the contest / by Ethan Long.
"Scribbles the cat and Ink the mouse are buddies and fellow artists. When they enter a 'Draw a Dinosaur' contest, shenanigans ensue as [...]
- Mr. Putter & Tabby drop the ball / Cynthia Rylant ; illustrated by Arthur Howard.
Mr. Putter and his cat Tabby take time off from napping to play on the Yankee Doodle Dandies baseball team.
- Lieselotte versteckt sich. English
"A game of hide and seek on the farm goes awry when Millie gets stuck in her hiding place at the top of a tree. But when the farmer and all the o [...]
- Lola goes to work : a nine-to-five therapy dog / by Marcia Goldman.
Lola the terrier explains how she went to school to become a therapy dog and how she cheers up the people she visits in homes, hospitals, schools, and [...]
powered by RSS Just Better 1.3 plugin