- Hanukkah lights / David Martin ; illustrated by Melissa Sweet.
- Pancho Rabbit and the coyote : a migrant's tale / Duncan Tonatiuh.
When Papa Rabbit does not return home as expected from many seasons of working in the great carrot and lettuce fields of El Norte, his son Pancho sets [...]
- Tito Puente, Mambo King = Tito Puente, Rey del Mambo / by Monica Brown ; Illustrated by Rafael López ; Translated by Adriana Domínguez.
A celebration of the life and music of the man known as the "King of the Mambo" and the "Godfather of Salsa" covers his boyhood in [...]
- Penny and her marble / Kevin Henkes.
Penny feels guilty after taking a beautiful blue marble that she sees in Mrs. Goodwin's grass, but gets a pleasant surprise when she goes to retu [...]
- The watermelon seed / Greg Pizzoli.
After swallowing a watermelon seed, a crocodile imagines a scary outcome.
- Back at the ranch
In 1870, Tulip Jones, a wealthy, self-reliant widow from England, acquires the By-Golly Gully Ranch in Texas and soon finds herself saddled with 1000 [...]
- Sugar Hill : Harlem's historic neighborhood / Carole Boston Weatherford ; illustrated by R. Gregory Christie.
Rhyming text celebrates the Harlem neighborhood that successful African Americans first called home during the 1920s. Includes brief biographies of ja [...]
- Ten tiny toes / Caroline Jayne Church.
Combines art with rhymes in an adaptation of the classic song, "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes," that reveals how ears wiggle and bellies [...]
- A big hug for little cub / Lorie Ann Grover ; illustrations by Rosalinda Kightley.
While his mother watches over him, Little Cub, a young lion, discovers the world around him.
- Pat-a-cake / Mary Brigid Barrett ; illustrated by LeUyen Pham.
Children pat different objects, including a cake, a kiwi, a peach, a fuzzy caterpillar, and a plump tomato.
- All fall down / Mary Brigid Barrett ; illustrated by LeUyen Pham.
A group of children play by constructing large towers of blocks, bridges of stones, and mountains of mashed potatoes, and then enoying knocking them d [...]
- Smile, pout-pout fish! / Deborah Diesen ; pictures by Dan Hanna.
Follows pout-pout fish as he turns frowns into smiles.
- Buzz, buzz, baby! / Karen Katz.
Young readers are invited to lift flaps to reveal such insects as ladybugs, caterpillars, ants, and bees.
- Pottytime for chickies / by Janee Trasler.
Other animals on the farm help the little chickies learn what pottytime is for.
- Bedtime for chickies / by Janee Trasler.
Although it is bedtime for all the animals on the farm, the chickies cannot go to sleep until they get a glass of water, go to the potty, and read a b [...]
- Springtime baby / by Elise Broach ; illustrated by Cori Doerrfeld.
Invites young children to discover hidden surprises beneath interactive lift-flaps and depicts a baby enjoying such springtime activities as playing i [...]
- Leo loves baby time / Anna McQuinn ; illustrated by Ruth Hearson.
Leo loves to go to baby time where he sings, plays, and makes new friends.
- Home sweet home / written by Sarah Powell ; illustrated by Barbi Sido.
Little Owl discovers where other animals live while flying in the forest, past a mountain, over a river, and through the snowy kingdom.
- Superworm / by Julia Donaldson ; illustrated by Axel Scheffler.
Superworm's bug friends attempt to free him from the clutches of Wizard Lizard who, having heard of Superworm's wondrous and heroic deeds, c [...]
- The sandman : the story of Sanderson Mansnoozie / William Joyce.
Provides the background, history, and life of Sanderson Mansnoozie, better known as the Sandman, who helps the Man in the Moon keep children safe at n [...]
- The bun : a tale from Russia / Marcia Brown.
The bun gets away from the old man and his wife, the hare, the wolf, and the bear, but the cunning fox poses a different problem.
- Olivia goes to the library / adapted by Lauren Forte ; illustrated by Jared Osterhold.
When her favorite book is returned to the library instead of renewed, Olivia painstakingly combs the library's shelves in the hope of reclaiming [...]
- Mouse and Mole : secret valentine / Wong Herbert Yee.
After getting a fluttery feeling while helping Mouse make valentines for each of their friends, Mole sends her a series of notes and gifts, signing th [...]
- Hug you, kiss you, love you / Joyce Wan.
Illustrations and brief text explore some of the ways people express their love for one another, including hugging, singing, and kissing.
- Under the same sun / by Sharon Robinson ; illustrated by AG Ford.
It is Grandmother Bibi's ninetieth birthday, and when she travels to Tanzania from America to visit her son and grandchildren, they surprise her [...]
- Tulip loves Rex / Alyssa Satin Capucilli ; illustrated by Sarah Massini.
Loving to dance all of her life, a little girl wishes for a special friend and meets a dance-loving dog in the park who wears a sign around his neck r [...]
- The big book of engines.
An illustrated guidebook shares facts about the island of Sodor's most popular engines, trucks, buses, and cranes.
- Ten eggs in a nest / by Marilyn Sadler ; illustrated by Michael Fleming.
Red is so excited that Gwen has laid a nest full of eggs, he rushes out to buy a worm to feed each of the increasing number of chicks as they hatch.
- Richard Scarry's animal nursery tales
A collection of folktale and fairy tale adaptations incorporates the author's signature silly animal characters into such classics as "The T [...]
- Pony party / Pony Party by Catherine Hapka ; pictures by Anne Kennedy.
Helping to run a pony party for a girl's birthday, Meg, Jill, and Annie discover that the birthday girl is less than enthusiastic about horses, c [...]
powered by RSS Just Better 1.3 plugin